1. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Museum Hours

2. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film Museum Hours

Adorei ter tido a oportunidade de ver o realizador ao vivo e no mesmo dia ter visto este filme.

3. João Martins's rating of the film Museum Hours

It surely does justice when it comes to be a contemplative film about art and it's meaning in our lives, but it felt a bit heavy and dull at some point. The constant fade-outs were kind of annoying too.

4. lndah's rating of the film Museum Hours

5. alucarda's rating of the film Museum Hours

made me think "wow im still young, even, i should get some more friends"

6. Thomas's rating of the film Museum Hours

An sweetly framed window in time for two ships passing in the night.

7. Vedra's rating of the film Museum Hours

the art of living is like the art object struggling/surviving in the mueseum

8. raggiodisole's rating of the film Museum Hours

This is really rather different. Gentle story of a brief friendship founded on a visit to a museum melds with observations of museum life, critical examinations of some of the paintings, and some observations of Viennese life. Lyrical and nuanced.

9. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film Museum Hours

not exactly subtle but a love letter to Vienna, observation and people watching. calm palette, calm characters.

10. Corina Romonti's rating of the film Museum Hours

11. ManWithNoName47's rating of the film Museum Hours

What a pleasant surprise! I came into Jem Cohen's Museum Hours not really knowing what to expect. I've came out having reassessed the importance of art to our culture. Paintings are indescribably essential documents of the past.

12. Joao Domingues's rating of the film Museum Hours

"spring we don't have, spring is on the Louvre... spring time is in Paris"

13. Luca Prosperi's rating of the film Museum Hours

Magical. Multi-dimensional. Acesos time, in defining through poetry the so pretentiously called the "human condition". The still old nature of paintings melts with the present, so naturally that they didn't need to make it obvious as they did sometimes. Are the protagonists too aware? Is loneliness growing their sensitivity? Or are they simply personification of the authors? The real main character is indeed reality.

14. Through A Glass, Darkly's rating of the film Museum Hours

A wonderful reflection on the human condition and its expression both in film and the works of old masters like Bruegel. What captivated me most is how Museum Hours brilliantly transcends fiction and realism, and thereby is wisely modest in dealing with its subject and the skilful montage of life as observed by the painters, by Johann and by the filmmaker through his views of a seemingly mundane, wintry Vienna.

15. Alex Hall's rating of the film Museum Hours

An ode to life and art, as much to the city of Vienna itself.

16. Sonya Gencheva's rating of the film Museum Hours

17. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Museum Hours

Art shows us how to see life, yet life shows us how to see art.

18. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Museum Hours

The raison d'etre of this film is to show that we can look at life like it is art, and it does a pretty good job at that. But it revolves an awkward plot about a platonic relationship between a fiftysomething man and woman that feels a little downbeat and uncomfortable throughout, and is not hugely interesting. Thrown in are some naked gallery visitors and a long discussion on Breugel. Didn't quite work for me.

19. 'king Harold's rating of the film Museum Hours

Such a beautiful, thoughtful and gentle film about looking and feeling. It makes me think of all the people I know who are so beautiful, thoughtful and gentle, that is, most people, and I wonder why films like this aren't 'the mainstream' and how most people just won't see this because it won't be in the cinema and they won't seek it out or have the patience to see themselves in it.

20. Penelope q's rating of the film Museum Hours

An absolute gem of a film. Great discovery of this director. Thank you!

21. nickolia's rating of the film Museum Hours

nope. if you're going to do things very s l o w l y and quietly, there's got to be something else there that wows. i started looking around the room, thinking about other things at minute 17. stopped watching altogether minute 22.

22. Maciek Piatek's rating of the film Museum Hours

I want to see more movies like this one around, with a clever small story and with slow but thoughtful narrative structure. Love the mix of doc and fiction in it. This movie is a little gem.

23. MarcelVonPure's rating of the film Museum Hours

Shake the sacrosanct dust from your pubes!

24. Sybille Meyer's rating of the film Museum Hours

Enjoyed it a lot! Love how slow paced and full of thought the film is. Beautiful character story, makes you think about art.