1. Mel's rating of the film Mustang

2. Trunfos's rating of the film Mustang

3. dalena's rating of the film Mustang

complexities are blanketed over and stylized to fit a modern tempo. the story hides behind the unfamiliar social customs by the average viewer and tricks us into believing something compelling is happening.

4. nadnab's rating of the film Mustang

5. Dan's rating of the film Mustang

Something flew in my eye when they went "swimming" and sisterhood is powerful, right?

6. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Mustang

*5 How in the hell did a first time director pull this off? Her imperfections morphed into beauty as everything came together within this film. The similarities to Sofia's "Virgin Suicides" cannot be denied, but to me; this is film is much more of an complete flushed out thought. Beautiful Cinematography combined with a very concise plot structure makes Deniz's debut a winner. I am excited to see "Kings."

7. Natasha Angashanova's rating of the film Mustang

8. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film Mustang

I got quite angry in behalf of the girls, or as them, I must say. I felt powerless, I felt frustrated, and gosh, I felt so sad, and at times I could feel their happiness as well. (I love the scene of the soccer match, when they go to the stadium) This film is a ride of emotions and quite powerful. Mustang has become one of my favorite films, I am angry at myself for not watching it sooner.

9. janice.hughes's rating of the film Mustang

This Oscar nominated film and winner of Cesar awards shows how 5 young sisters in Turkey are schooled for becoming housewives and then married off to a panoply of neighbours at the earliest opportunity. It has warmth, humour and a single rebellious entity with 5 heads and one body. Excellent!

10. Rui Salgado's rating of the film Mustang

Virgin Suicides vibe, but better

11. Rita Maia's rating of the film Mustang

virgin suicides go turkish

12. pencils only's rating of the film Mustang

13. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Mustang

14. viola mombe's rating of the film Mustang

15. alchimia's rating of the film Mustang

this movie is really important

16. ssolf's rating of the film Mustang

Devastating and gorgeous

17. thelastronaut's rating of the film Mustang

18. Isaac Blaine Suttle's rating of the film Mustang

'Mustang' is a beautiful, heartbreaking, deeply affecting tale of sisterhood. (01 - 01 - 2017)

19. Nutter Jr's rating of the film Mustang

Like the digits of a hand, these sisters are one. Their love and bond for one another is pure and complete brought closer together by the tragic loss of their parents and the harsh new realities of a life under the rule of a traditionalist uncle who sets out to arrange marriages for all of them as he fears the local society's judgement on their supposed transgressions which are amplified in his censorious mind.

20. Patrícia Nunes's rating of the film Mustang

21. Joel's rating of the film Mustang

I was deeply troubled by this films lack of nuance. Within the first few scenes it is evident we are to hate the parents for thier backwards conservative ways and pity the supressed sexulaity and feminine power of the girls. I want art and cinema to challenge and change me. Not just confirm my prejudices. This film felt like a trap, even if it was telling a truth, I don't appreciate being trapped.

22. ecstatic truth's rating of the film Mustang

Comments are really interesting here.

23. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Mustang

The very brave debut picture for a turkish woman filmmaker, and an all-too familiar story for every middle eastern. But Mustang rides its freedom spirit over your soul, and Warren Ellis` music turns this old story all too magnificent in its new shape. Has anybody seen this turkish delight?! My eyes are still full of tears of joy...

24. Naila's rating of the film Mustang