1. Ameille's rating of the film Mustang

2. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Mustang

Qu'est-ce qu'être une femme quand on est encore une enfant ? Comment conquérir sa liberté et échapper à la tradition qui dresse et dispose des corps ? La formidable réponse que livre Deniz Gamze Ergüyen dans son premier film, c'est de le traiter par la joie de vivre et la rébellion, pour ne pas se laisser dompter. Un film solaire, tourbillonnant, radieux, poignant, fougueux et lumineux. Un feu sacré à la liberté.

3. petit astronaute's rating of the film Mustang

4. henr.que's rating of the film Mustang

idk if i see the empowerment I was being fed on this one, through the orientalist clichés and the lack of courage to actually address the topics presented. none of it seemed real and not in a good way

5. xiaoyue's rating of the film Mustang

solidarity in womanhood is not uniformity; it is to allow every story to be told with urgency, magnanimity, and attention. mustang is vivid in its dedication to these five sisters and their stories. they stand with one another, and as such, the viewer--enthralled--is made to stand with them as well.

6. Claire Wongsutin's rating of the film Mustang

7. Lysistrata's rating of the film Mustang

It was so fake and unrealistic.

8. Trunfos's rating of the film Mustang

9. dalena's rating of the film Mustang

complexities are blanketed over and stylized to fit a modern tempo. the story hides behind the unfamiliar social customs by the average viewer and tricks us into believing something compelling is happening.

10. nadnab's rating of the film Mustang

11. Dan's rating of the film Mustang

Something flew in my eye when they went "swimming" and sisterhood is powerful, right?

12. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Mustang

*5 How in the hell did a first time director pull this off? Her imperfections morphed into beauty as everything came together within this film. The similarities to Sofia's "Virgin Suicides" cannot be denied, but to me; this is film is much more of an complete flushed out thought. Beautiful Cinematography combined with a very concise plot structure makes Deniz's debut a winner. I am excited to see "Kings."

13. Natasha Angashanova's rating of the film Mustang

14. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film Mustang

I got quite angry in behalf of the girls, or as them, I must say. I felt powerless, I felt frustrated, and gosh, I felt so sad, and at times I could feel their happiness as well. (I love the scene of the soccer match, when they go to the stadium) This film is a ride of emotions and quite powerful. Mustang has become one of my favorite films, I am angry at myself for not watching it sooner.

15. janice.hughes's rating of the film Mustang

This Oscar nominated film and winner of Cesar awards shows how 5 young sisters in Turkey are schooled for becoming housewives and then married off to a panoply of neighbours at the earliest opportunity. It has warmth, humour and a single rebellious entity with 5 heads and one body. Excellent!

16. Rui Salgado's rating of the film Mustang

Virgin Suicides vibe, but better

17. Rita Maia's rating of the film Mustang

virgin suicides go turkish

18. pencils only's rating of the film Mustang

19. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Mustang

20. viola mombe's rating of the film Mustang

21. alchimia's rating of the film Mustang

this movie is really important

22. ssolf's rating of the film Mustang

Devastating and gorgeous

23. thelastronaut's rating of the film Mustang

24. Isaac Blaine Suttle's rating of the film Mustang

'Mustang' is a beautiful, heartbreaking, deeply affecting tale of sisterhood. (01 - 01 - 2017)