1. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

It looks like the New Wave at first sight but in a rather sticky way, both actors & music. And virtually nothing happens in these 109 minutes. === Ca ressemble à la Nouvelle Vague mais en lourd & collant, les acteurs, comme la musique. Et il ne s'y passe pratiquement rien.

2. diane pernet's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

I liked it it reminded me of early Jim Jarmusch. Simple low budget acting felt real and something about it resonated with me.

3. Ludovic72's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

Il arrive qu'une image semi-amateur, un noir et blanc un peu crade et un montage abrupt rendent service à un film : quand ces éléments s'harmonisent avec le rythme, le propos et le jeu des acteurs. Le flottement, la recherche incertaine, l'improvisation sont ici des mots d'ordre. Les dialogues ultra-naturalistes et l'évolution molle mais drôle des personnages forment un hybride épatant, entre Allen et Cassavetes.

4. truffraud's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

dialogue with bodies/the language of uncertainty

5. saitosouta's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

This is so zen in very bad way.

6. antibody's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

i can't remember if it was 'mutual appreciation' or 'funny ha ha' that i liked, so i'm giving them both three stars

7. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

I probably prefer this to Computer Chess. It never is awkward for the sake of it, but for authenticity. Justin Rice and Rachel Clift are incredible and I want to see more of them!!!!!

8. Nicolas's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

Black and White, 16mm. It's just like Cassavetes' Faces, except the characters are hollow, the dialogue was written by a stoned 14 year old, and it sucks. Even the mildly intriguing final 30 minutes couldn't save this.

9. msmichel's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

Excellent second feature from the so-called godfather of mumblecore. The film works because the characters though leading uninteresting lives are really anything but. The b&w images wonderously capture that feeling of early twenties' angst; the uncertainty of decisions, the wanderlust, that late night/early morning 'does it matter' soul searching. Can see why it has the reputation it has and its polarizing effect.

10. yroc's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

after turning Funny Ha Ha off after 40 minutes of excruciating boredom a la attempting(and failing) at Cassavetes aesthetic, i gave this film a view and actually made it all the way through to the end. The dialogue was good and simple, the acting wasn't overly boring and the story wasn't hard to follow but overall, not something I would reccomend for a second view. One should be enough and the wig scene was great.

11. Mike Spence's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

Woody Allen never made a movie this good. The two scene's with Alan and Ellie on the bed are better than Allen's career. Bujalski doesn't write cute little funny skits with sitcom timing, he understands the nuances of conversation, and relationships better than most, especially Allen.

12. Daniela's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

It was pretty good. But shit, since when can you just hug it out when your gf and friend just went behind your back like that o__o;;

13. Hazel Cills's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

Surprised at how much more interesting it got in the last 30 minutes. Really simple dialogue. Wig scene was my absolute favorite.

14. MR. Universe's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

I liked the music, other then that it seemed more ambitious then it actually was. a great snapshot of a certain period of time

15. FailedImitator's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

16. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

Fun, inspiring mumblecore film. I wanna make one of my own now!

17. traag-1's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

near perfect indie film that brings it back to the days Cassavettes...loose dialogue and REAL characters give this one a charm rarely seen in filmmaking anymore.

18. Kenrick Block's rating of the film Mutual Appreciation

No one can craft dead-air like Bujalski. This is a fantastic film that captures a generation with accuracy and style. Andrew Bujalski is a film maker to watch in the future - I am excited to see what he creates next.