1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film My Best Fiend

2017 MUBI-------------------------------------------------- KINSKI signe avec HERZOG ses meilleurs films ! Artiste très contesté mais génial dans sa folie à l'écran (seulement) !

2. jacline huet's rating of the film My Best Fiend

3. Stefan Drees's rating of the film My Best Fiend

Great documentary about a strange relationship/friendship. Also an important film to learn something about Werner Herzog's art of filmmaking.

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film My Best Fiend

Inappropriately fluffy, which makes it rather funny - especially as Kinski would have loathed it! Arguably the best primer for the first-time Herzog viewer.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film My Best Fiend

>>> Etonnant et révélateur ! www.cinefiches.com

6. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film My Best Fiend

hoped for more extra footage behind the scenes, but most of them are from burden of dreams, still a good insightful film

7. Giulia Martino's rating of the film My Best Fiend

8. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film My Best Fiend

A nice tribute to a crazy man, though I wish that it featured more of "the good times"- but that's just a nitpick

9. ronny's rating of the film My Best Fiend

another success from THE documentarian, this film is as much a portrait of Herzog himself (as he tells the majority of the stories) as it is of Kinski. naturally, it's more enjoyable if you've seen a couple of their collaborations, especially "Aguirre" and "Fitzcarraldo."

10. msmichel's rating of the film My Best Fiend

The volatile and incendiary working relationship and bizarre friendship of director Werner Herzog and actor Klaus Kinski is examined here by Herzog. These are the film stories of legend both tall and true. Though both parties reject their entwined legacies one can see the magic their collaborations left in the films left behind. A great film for cinephiles and novices both.

11. JanaMat's rating of the film My Best Fiend

the taming of the evil man

12. SiIencio's rating of the film My Best Fiend

Herzog's dual and contradictory partnership with Kinski is here exposed, a thoughtful account of their labyrinthic and synergic relantionship. It is also a self-portrait of Herzog in that, in his quest to scrutinise Kinski, reveals his ability for understanding, love and compassion, qualities often found at the heart of his work. The film also complements the legendary intra-story behind Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo.

13. Max.Madrid's rating of the film My Best Fiend

14. m00njaguar's rating of the film My Best Fiend

Insights on Herzog's attempt to harness the volcanic soul of Klaus Kinski

15. naokoken's rating of the film My Best Fiend

"Every human being is an abyss. You get dizzy, looking down." You learn a lot about Herzog too as he relates various memories of Kinski. "Towards the end of the shooting, the Indians offered to kill Kinski for me." Some wonderful moments and loved hearing Popul Vuh again. "If I, Aguirre, want the birds to drop dead from the trees the birds will drop dead from the trees. I am the Wrath of God."

16. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film My Best Fiend

I fucking love kinski, his madness and all

17. ionosonde's rating of the film My Best Fiend

very well-done documentary about a really shitty person whose praises i am not going to sing.

18. Samuel Wells's rating of the film My Best Fiend

The film remained aloof and difficult to dig into for me. Having seen other Herzog, I was not prepared for this entry to be so difficult. It covers a story that I do not know well and I feel like I wish I had known the backstory more to not struggle in the moment to understand the events from moment to moment. There is nothing particularly wrong with the film, but it did not capture me like other films Herzog made.

19. Monkey Flix's rating of the film My Best Fiend

A brilliant movie. One of the best insider views of moviemaking. Sometimes I wondered if Herzog was almost as mad as Kinski. Maybe that's why they were such an effective team. The madness can be a bit overwhelming at times, though.

20. Nan Bauer's rating of the film My Best Fiend

Not often we get to see Herzog so reflective/tender. Wonderful warts&all tribute to his maniac friend Klaus Kinski.

21. Lexi Bass's rating of the film My Best Fiend

The story of two famous patriarchal egomaniacs, and what honesty becomes when you are them.

22. David R Williams's rating of the film My Best Fiend

That Kinski was insane there can be no doubt. That he was a brillant actor is equally as undeniable. That Herzog's best films were those he made with Kinski perfectly illustrates this madness we call film.

23. mpho3's rating of the film My Best Fiend

"A meditation by a director on an actor, it is unique; most show-biz docs involve the ritual exchange of compliments. My Best Fiend is about two men who both wanted to be dominant, who both had all the answers, who were inseparably bound together in love and hate, and who created extraordinary work--while all the time each resented the other's contribution." - Roger Ebert

24. David Huntington's rating of the film My Best Fiend

Excellent conversation piece. Much to think about from this. And beautiful how warmth comes through it all.