1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film My Dinner with André

This was the 2nd movie I added to my permanent collection. It's all about the talking, and is the theatre dead?

2. Aida's rating of the film My Dinner with André

3. pintobean's rating of the film My Dinner with André

4. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film My Dinner with André

5. Dzernera's rating of the film My Dinner with André

A brilliant, moving piece that can turn into a pretty crazy psychological and philosophical trip into one's own being, bringing light to many very important questions (that doesn't necessarily include answers,though) which seem to have gotten lost in our everyday lives. Certainly to be watched over and over again.

6. xuxuxush's rating of the film My Dinner with André

a meandering 2-hr long conversation yielding a few wonderful revelations about life as performance, contemporary alienation from the real, and the dehumanizing effects of technological & capitalistic material comforts...nice sense of old New York in the last scene, evokes Woody Allen at his best

7. Walker's rating of the film My Dinner with André

Best. Conversation. EVER.

8. Z's rating of the film My Dinner with André

Watching this film for me is like visiting with old and dear friends. First saw this at a very young and impressionable age on a VHS tape that mysteriously found it's way into our home. It's reputation did not prepare me for how richly satisfying and impacting it is. Experiencing this picture was the first truly artistic and soul stoking experience I ever had with cinema. The ending is emotionally devastating to me.

9. -REM-'s rating of the film My Dinner with André

10. knyhnsjc's rating of the film My Dinner with André

"Of course there's a problem, because the closer you come, I think, to another human being...the more completely mysterious and unreachable, that person becomes."

11. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film My Dinner with André

I could probably watch this every year, there's so much to think about here.

12. Finbar Somers's rating of the film My Dinner with André

Not as profound as it's made out to be, but still fascinating

13. Aardsy's rating of the film My Dinner with André

They barely touched their food.

14. Gabe's rating of the film My Dinner with André

It's incredible how real this feels. The writing is decent by itself, but how it comes together on screen is remarkable. It's interesting to consider different directions the conversation could have taken.

15. bartkl's rating of the film My Dinner with André

Amazing film. The dialogue is exceptionally realistic and the discussion is simply perfect in both a philosophical and psychological sense. It affected me deeply on a personal level, since the theme discussed is one that has haunted me -and undoubtedly many people- for the last few years: am I really living? Beautiful treatise on the art of living.

16. Jim Fear's rating of the film My Dinner with André

I'm a sucker for dialogue oriented films.

17. James Mackin's rating of the film My Dinner with André

Wally and Andre have dinner, and discuss theater, their lives, and it's incredibly interesting.

18. Kamran's rating of the film My Dinner with André

Analytic and continental philosophy embodied in head to head dinner conversation. Neither profound nor cinematic, but somewhat entertaining with a great opening and closing. 75/100 - Very Good (3.5)

19. A47's rating of the film My Dinner with André

It just ain't that often you get to have dinner with a genius... "Not everybody can be taken to Everest."

20. smndvdcl's rating of the film My Dinner with André

Conversational cinema is an underrated commodity. Linklater has since mastered this. Philosophical obfuscation that allows the spectator to inspect existence through a variety of lenses and contexts, is in full flow here. It conjures that rudimentary but emblematic idiom, “It is not what you say that matters but the manner in which you say it; there lies the secret of the ages” (William Carlos Williams).

21. Andrew Miller's rating of the film My Dinner with André

I now associate this with the great punchline in Waiting For Guffman.

22. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film My Dinner with André

Jane Austen is mentioned herein, Merchant-Ivory isn't, but all seem to share a superficial popularity as, and are thus unfairly perceived as (at least from what I read/hear), facile shortcuts glibly taken by shallow elitists. Remove those barnacles and regard the thing itself, and it's something quite successfully and pleasurably pitched in a true minor, reflective key -- markedly more difficult than it looks.

23. Bogdan Liviu's rating of the film My Dinner with André

"I really believe that if you're just living mechanically, then you have to change your life. (...) And this can be true in your work as well. Of course, if you're really alive inside, then of course there's no problem. I mean, if you're living with somebody in one little room and there's a life going on between you and the person you're living with, well, then a whole adventure can be going on right in that room."

24. Rikard Westeman's rating of the film My Dinner with André