1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Even a light Rohmer is richer than most things.

2. ebabehh's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Same old Rohmer, in a cookie-cutter setting, with characters who don't have any real thoughts (see Ebert's review). Their matching outfits at the end is hilarious.

3. mad.lucas's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Rohmer is a master of fables, an inventive storyteller who takes gold out of nothing. Each of his films makes the viewer want to live a bit inside of it, and it's no different with this one. His female characters are always so absurdly human that it is almost impossible not to identify with them. And the plot has the rhythm of life itself.

4. aconeyisland's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

5. FISCHER's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Sixième et dernier opus de l'incontournable série des "Comédies et Proverbes" de l'incomparable Eric Rohmer. Un réel et savoureux plaisir de cinéma... www.cinefiches.com

6. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

7. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

8. Catarina Monteiro's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

9. petit astronaute's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

10. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Rohmer's ingredients - articulate middle class pretty young things searching for love and meaning - are almost designed for me to hate this kind of film, but such is the subtlety and purity of his approach that he totally wins me over. He never pushes the sentimentality too far, and the setting of the suburban development depicts the vacuity from which his protagonists seek escape both professionally and personally.

11. Mike Jempson's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Ah, so French! Would that life were like this. It seems so innocent for the late 1980s.

12. McOpinionated's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

wooden acting (apart from LEA), no cinematic content, woeful script that purports to realism by being banal and reminiscent of dull conversations of dull topics, or even duller ones where people "reveal themselves".

13. tintinmugshot's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Nice and charming film, with the coolness that is Rohmer's trademark.

14. mrianlawton's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Never in any film have the various protagonists bumped into each other in the street as often as happens in this! ... I always want to dislike the verbose , slightly dull middle class twentysomethings with which Rohmer populated his films but somehow I always get drawn in ... It definitely wont set your pants on fire but if you dig the Rohmer thing (which is a pretty unique) you may find it charming.

15. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Are Rohmer's women vapid, or is it me.

16. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Fresh, intellectual, 80s. I love Rohmer.

17. magdalenaroson's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

18. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Basically anything by Rohmer is great. This one is surprisingly all around "happy".

19. Renz nd MZV's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

I enjoyed this film, way better than Groundhog Day

20. Ben Hector's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Shouldn't rate this one. Great faces and fun situations, good escapism . cant help but feel perhaps rohmer was getting a little old here

21. Jeremy's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

A classic, I haven't seen this in maybe 15 years, but it reminded me that I must get back to watching Rohmer movies. Simple scenarios, natural dialogue and the joy of communicating ideas with fellow humans. On a school trip to Paris in the 80s, I stayed in a Paris suburb that looked a little like this, and for that reminiscence alone I love this movie.

22. anthony's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

difficult to find the joie de vivre...seems a bit cold and distant

23. Tja's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Reminds me of those teenage magazine photo stories come to life. The slightly surreal, futuristique suburban setting and single colour tops/slacks have a blandness which serves to heighten the comments and emotions of the characters. Not as low-key as it may first appear.

24. Oliver Goddard's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

The plot would seem ripe for screwball, but Rohmer instead mutes and enriches it with his unobtrusive style. Slight but shimmering.