1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

2. Catarina Monteiro's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

3. petit astronaute's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

4. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Rohmer's ingredients - articulate middle class pretty young things searching for love and meaning - are almost designed for me to hate this kind of film, but such is the subtlety and purity of his approach that he totally wins me over. He never pushes the sentimentality too far, and the setting of the suburban development depicts the vacuity from which his protagonists seek escape both professionally and personally.

5. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Ah, so French! Would that life were like this. It seems so innocent for the late 1980s.

6. McOpinionated's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

wooden acting (apart from LEA), no cinematic content, woeful script that purports to realism by being banal and reminiscent of dull conversations of dull topics, or even duller ones where people "reveal themselves".

7. tintinmugshot's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Nice and charming film, with the coolness that is Rohmer's trademark.

8. mrianlawton's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Never in any film have the various protagonists bumped into each other in the street as often as happens in this! ... I always want to dislike the verbose , slightly dull middle class twentysomethings with which Rohmer populated his films but somehow I always get drawn in ... It definitely wont set your pants on fire but if you dig the Rohmer thing (which is a pretty unique) you may find it charming.

9. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Are Rohmer's women vapid, or is it me.

10. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Fresh, intellectual, 80s. I love Rohmer.

11. magdalenaroson's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

12. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Basically anything by Rohmer is great. This one is surprisingly all around "happy".

13. Renz nd MZV's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

I enjoyed this film, way better than Groundhog Day

14. Ben Hector's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Shouldn't rate this one. Great faces and fun situations, good escapism . cant help but feel perhaps rohmer was getting a little old here

15. Jeremy's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

A classic, I haven't seen this in maybe 15 years, but it reminded me that I must get back to watching Rohmer movies. Simple scenarios, natural dialogue and the joy of communicating ideas with fellow humans. On a school trip to Paris in the 80s, I stayed in a Paris suburb that looked a little like this, and for that reminiscence alone I love this movie.

16. anthony's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

difficult to find the joie de vivre...seems a bit cold and distant

17. Tja's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Reminds me of those teenage magazine photo stories come to life. The slightly surreal, futuristique suburban setting and single colour tops/slacks have a blandness which serves to heighten the comments and emotions of the characters. Not as low-key as it may first appear.

18. Oliver Goddard's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

The plot would seem ripe for screwball, but Rohmer instead mutes and enriches it with his unobtrusive style. Slight but shimmering.

19. Ali Mossawat's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

20. bartkl's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

A playful film in which we are taught how comically wrong our intuitions can be. As always, Rohmer knows how to balance realistic emotions and social interactions, and playful situations that are just unlikely enough to happen in real life to serve the comical purpose. On another note: how incredibly beautiful are those suburbs of Paris? Beautiful film in each and every way.

21. Christina Themeli's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

το περίμενα καλύτερο.

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Unafraid of real joy-- which takes guts.

23. janh24's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

24. mubianer's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

In the beginning I disliked the characters, and the 80s was truly the beginning of a depressing era for architecture, but as the film progressed, I liked it better and better. Not as good as The Green Ray, but pretty close.