1. Luca's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Una commedia simpatica tra piccoli drammi sentimentali. Anche in questa pellicola l'onnipresente razionalità dei dialoghi, e quindi dei pensieri, è mitigata dall'ingenuità quasi infantile dei personaggi. Questo è un tratto distintivo dei film di Rohmer, che a volte sembrano delle delicate, curiose e piacevoli soap-opera d'alto borgo. "L'ami de mon amie" ci regala una protagonista amabile, un fiore degli anni 80.

2. Quattro's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Usual, flawless, summer Rohmer. It's always about people falling in and out of love, confessions, misunderstandings and lots of bathes, but every time it's so damn brilliant you just don't get tired of it. I usually find freeze-frame endings cheesy and cringey and I hate them, but for some reason I loved this one so much. Endless hug. This retrospective's being a blast for me.

3. Maribou's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Perhaps not as psychologically interesting as some of Rohmer's other comedies and proverbs. This is a breezy, straightforward, delightful tale of the heart versus the head and how our desires, and that shifting version of ourselves that we construct and present to others, often deny reality and obstruct our opportunities for happiness.

4. Korial's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Rohmer's oeuvre is the brightest expression of cinema's potential to observe humanity from a detached and estranged point of view. Nothing is more alien, and yet more desirable, than being able to observe the wholeness of humans' vicissitudes. It is the work of an acute scientist, an interpreter of empirical evidence, but also that of a sensible poet fascinated with life and love.

5. Sara Gelao's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

the last scene is so brilliant (I mean...the color match is a sharp summary of the whole story) that I laughed out loud own my own how much bitterly hilarious life is?

6. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

What a lovely movie from Éric Rohmer- a philosophical musing on the nature and morals of love that is also a great character piece. The moment at the end where the couples are wearing the reverse color patterns is just one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen!

7. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Even a light Rohmer is richer than most things.

8. ebabehh's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Same old Rohmer, in a cookie-cutter setting, with characters who don't have any real thoughts (see Ebert's review). Their matching outfits at the end is hilarious.

9. mad.lucas's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Rohmer is a master of fables, an inventive storyteller who takes gold out of nothing. Each of his films makes the viewer want to live a bit inside of it, and it's no different with this one. His female characters are always so absurdly human that it is almost impossible not to identify with them. And the plot has the rhythm of life itself.

10. aconeyisland's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

11. FISCHER's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Sixième et dernier opus de l'incontournable série des "Comédies et Proverbes" de l'incomparable Eric Rohmer. Un réel et savoureux plaisir de cinéma... www.cinefiches.com

12. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

13. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

14. Catarina Monteiro's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

15. petit astronaute's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

16. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Rohmer's ingredients - articulate middle class pretty young things searching for love and meaning - are almost designed for me to hate this kind of film, but such is the subtlety and purity of his approach that he totally wins me over. He never pushes the sentimentality too far, and the setting of the suburban development depicts the vacuity from which his protagonists seek escape both professionally and personally.

17. Mike Jempson's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Ah, so French! Would that life were like this. It seems so innocent for the late 1980s.

18. McOpinionated's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

wooden acting (apart from LEA), no cinematic content, woeful script that purports to realism by being banal and reminiscent of dull conversations of dull topics, or even duller ones where people "reveal themselves".

19. tintinmugshot's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Nice and charming film, with the coolness that is Rohmer's trademark.

20. mrianlawton's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Never in any film have the various protagonists bumped into each other in the street as often as happens in this! ... I always want to dislike the verbose , slightly dull middle class twentysomethings with which Rohmer populated his films but somehow I always get drawn in ... It definitely wont set your pants on fire but if you dig the Rohmer thing (which is a pretty unique) you may find it charming.

21. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Are Rohmer's women vapid, or is it me.

22. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Fresh, intellectual, 80s. I love Rohmer.

23. magdalenaroson's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

24. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Basically anything by Rohmer is great. This one is surprisingly all around "happy".