1. Sara Delshad's rating of the film My Golden Days

2. hemachandra's rating of the film My Golden Days

The plot is simple, but the film isn't. ------------------- In a magnificently written scene, young Paul compares his lover Esther to a Hubert Robert painting. That projection of a loved one onto a painting is one of the most beautiful love declarations I've ever seen in films.

3. arlinda's rating of the film My Golden Days

Who is Paul? A lone anthropologist with a dead doppelgänger and swirling memories of (mostly) women who shaped his life. And when a character continually insists "he doesn't feel anything," you know not to believe him. Dig through the layers of "his portrait"...and see what you find.

4. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film My Golden Days

never a frown with Desplechin

5. mac le mac's rating of the film My Golden Days

6. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film My Golden Days

Arnold Desplechin & Terrence Malick. What these two masters have in common? if you look at this films you might not find it, but if you dig more about them you see they both consider themselves as the pupils of a master philosopher, The effect is not about how they make movies about philosophical problems or rather filming philosophy, but in away they both inherit their own way of thinking about movies from Cavell.

7. Jason's rating of the film My Golden Days

Desplechin's movies are increasingly brain-movies and movie-movies. His brain is getting in his way. This thing is conceptually plotted-out w/ aplomb. That the film features a game of Go speaks volumes. But he is moving further and further away from the volatile dynamism that made his earlies so infectious. And I have to say: I'm not gonna claim that Lou Roy-Lecollinet is a bad actress, just that I can't stand her.

8. carademierda's rating of the film My Golden Days

9. Salvador Amores's rating of the film My Golden Days

boyhood version filosofía y letras

10. Absentia's rating of the film My Golden Days

Uno dei film più belli visti in sala ultimamente!

11. -REM-'s rating of the film My Golden Days

12. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film My Golden Days

13. Loud Rocks's rating of the film My Golden Days

14. Matt Reddick's rating of the film My Golden Days

Desplechin hands in his homework assignment on "coming of age" ... forgettable and predictable. The soundtrack was pleasant enough though.

15. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film My Golden Days

While some ‘truths’ seem genuine, other seem too poetically staged, and Mr. Desplechin, who co-wrote with Julie Peyr, keeps struggling in the face of this reality.

16. José Neves's rating of the film My Golden Days

bla bla bla Nouvelle Vague-ish with an insupportable sexual chauvinism.

17. hubertguillaud's rating of the film My Golden Days

Le cinéma de Desplechin ne change pas. Il reste mélancolique et solaire, romanesque et décalé. L'humanité de ces adolescents plus adultes que les adultes, à la recherche du temps perdu, nous plonge dans un puissant film hésitant, au bord de soi, qui évoque magnifiquement Truffaut et Bresson, tout en mettant en abîme son propre univers.

18. Kornovska's rating of the film My Golden Days

Excellent film. Réaliste, touchant et magnifique. J'y ai ris aux éclats comme cela m'était rarement arrivé. Ce film fait ressentir d'une manière douloureuse la difficulté d'être un jeune adolescent : les premiers amours, les doutes quant à son avenir, les conflits et les relations avec les parents et les autres membres de la famille, le sens de la vie. En fr (vo) : Trois souvenirs de ma jeunesse.

19. Theolini's rating of the film My Golden Days

Still, in our days, Desplechin is the only one whose films join (french) literature, greek tragedies and spirit of our times witch such elegance and such panache. Beautiful.

20. El Biffo's rating of the film My Golden Days

Richly textured, melancholy and rewarding.

21. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film My Golden Days

Ai préféré la partie avec les ados, sans être transcendante elle était amusante

22. Kamran's rating of the film My Golden Days

[REVIEW] 76/100 - My Golden Days (Arnaud Desplechin, France) As My Golden Days carries forwards with its love story, what emerges is a colourful history of the joys and agonies of young love. Leading to a sorrowful end, the film addresses the strength of love when faced with distance, angst, and ennui. Read full review: http://nextprojection.com/2015/10/13/viff-golden-days-colourful-history-joys-agonies-young-love/

23. Paul Prt's rating of the film My Golden Days

24. Marv1n's rating of the film My Golden Days

"je sens ma bite toute raide contre tes fesses"... ok