1. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film My Happy Family

The best part is.. “I won’t explain it to anyone” !

2. film_frame's rating of the film My Happy Family

'It’s at once a celebration of individuality and its potential to unnerve those who resist it.' - Eric Kohn, Indiewire

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film My Happy Family

A simple, powerful movie. The premise is simple: a middle-aged Georgian woman suddenly decides to leave her entire family, including her aging parents, her children, and her husband. She’s a bit like Viviane Amsalem in her stoic steadfastness. She has an idea about the life she wants to live, and it doesn’t matter what anyone has to say about it. Probably the best Netflix original I’ve seen.

4. Sara-D's rating of the film My Happy Family

5. empcollapse's rating of the film My Happy Family

Ia is a great actress, managing to show us the frustrations with being set up in a life that she never wanted - to take care of people to the point of distress, compulsory motherhood and always accommodating your family's needs at the expense of your own. This is the first Georgian film I watch and was pleasantly surprised and can't wait to get into more Georgian films!

6. Fabio Souza's rating of the film My Happy Family

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film My Happy Family

8. Dada Kubin's rating of the film My Happy Family

Family and community can be a great source of strength for the individual, but at the same time they can be very restricting and agonising as well – check out this film for the case in point. I loved the way the film starts with the birthday: a wonderful example of a celebration that’s supposed to be for the one having it, whereas in reality it belongs to the community (at least in countries like Georgia).

9. Loud Rocks's rating of the film My Happy Family

10. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film My Happy Family

11. Bogdan Theodor Olteanu's rating of the film My Happy Family

12. Raluca Popescu's rating of the film My Happy Family

13. Alex's rating of the film My Happy Family

14. FISCHER's rating of the film My Happy Family

Des acteurs convaincants, pour une histoire somme toute ordinaire, dépassant largement l'univers géorgien dont nous retiendrons cette bienheureuse propension à marquer toute rencontre ou retrouvailles collectives par une atmosphère musicale et des chants polyphoniques ou non, d'une grâce et d'une douceur remarquables... www.cinefiches.com

15. Marco Pierrard's rating of the film My Happy Family

Touchant, Une famille heureuse ne saurait se réduire à une réflexion sur le statut de la femme au sein de la société géorgienne. Le film dresse un magnifique portrait intime d'une femme en quête de liberté, interrogeant la définition même des rôles de mère et d'épouse. Forcément émouvant pour tous ceux qui ont une maman. Chronique complète sur Citazine : http://www.citazine.fr/article/une-famille-heureuse-appart-soi

16. jana_om's rating of the film My Happy Family