1. Diderot's rating of the film My Hustler

Not without interest (for those who were already interested). It provides a teasing and amusing view of certain moneyed gay circles, all given in two long, amateurish takes. The dialogue is also easy and natural without feeling scripted or overly improvised (i.e. unfocused and stilted).

2. oooooo's rating of the film My Hustler

lembrar putos a lutar na praia

3. Michael Harbour's rating of the film My Hustler

The amateur qualities of My hustler probably work to its benefit. The film is made of two long single shot takes. The first, panning inexpertly back and forth between a young man sunning on the beach and three people on the deck of a beach house talking about him and wagering who will bed him first, the man who hired his companionship, his past-his prime http://letterboxd.com/mharbour/film/my-hustler/

4. Karthik's rating of the film My Hustler

The static field composition in the second half with all those shadowy desiring moths laid on top of & behind the crystallized-flame-like image of a self-enclosed lacquered narcissism & its mirrored double is one of the sublime takes (all 33 minutes of it) of cinema. (P.S.: It's not all that surprising that this is one of my favorite director Jean-Claude Rousseau's favorite films.)