1. enkii__bilal's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

First Daniel-day Lewis Academy award.

2. MistaRichard's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

3. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

4. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

"Fuck Plato!" come dice il buon Christy. Avete presente quella sorta di nodo allo stomaco che proviamo quando vediamo una persona con un handicap visibilmente limitante? L'interpretazione di Day-Lewis ci immerge in quella dannata sensazione, mentre il forte carattere di Christy Brown ce ne tira subito fuori. Non ci si sente mai tristi per Brown, ma per i pochi stronzi che lo compativano. Poliedrico genio paralizzato.

5. sizelando's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

Obviously an incredible central performance by Daniel Day-Lewis, but everything else is a bit plain.

6. captainfez's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

And you think you've got problems.

7. Chris sutton's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

Daniel Day Lewis' portrayal of a cerebal palsy sufferer is superb. Many lesser actors would simply do an impression, but here we have real pathos behind the eyes of a human being who is locked within his own body. Occasionally, this is presented like a TV movie, but generally the production team and the cast provide a rich emotional experience.

8. Penelope q's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

9. FISCHER's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

Une oeuvre vraiment superbe, émouvante au possible, d'où éclate la performance de Daniel Day, profondément investi dans son étonnant personnage... www.cinefiches.com

10. SiIencio's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

Little to mention sadly about this film beside the great performance from Daniel Day Lewis. Sad and comical in parts, the movie does not keep you interested for most sections. A poorly drafted and extremely schematic autobiography.

11. Filipa's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

12. Thomas Dods's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

Obviously the performance from Daniel Day-Lewis is beyond excellent. He rest of the film is pretty dated and not very memorable.

13. RoRoRoro's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

14. Didonne's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

A visionner pour la formidable performance d'acteur de Daniel D L. La biographie fleurie d'un infirme s'élevant à la force du pied gauche ne laissera pas de traces impérissables, mais le film se laisse voir comme une crème caramel à la fin d'un repas.

15. Nomad11's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

Daniel Day Lewis establishes himself as a strong actor who can take on some of the hardest roles. Bringing Christy Brown to life, the pace of the story with the lack of supporting actors leaves Day Lewis by himself to carry the movie on.

16. IsmailBakry's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

Day-Lewis' performance was exceptional, otherwise, this shallow/bland biography has nothing much to offer.

17. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

You can't help but feel inspired by Christy Brown's story, and Day-Lewis' performance is an extraordinary transformation. But, the film just didn't work for me as a whole. It unfolds less as a concrete story, and more as a series of inconsistent and contradictory vignettes. It's one of those biographies that does well in showing the external struggles, but only scratches the surface of the interior being.

18. Tigrão's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

The dose of unexpected humour in this film allows the story to rise above its predictably tear-jerking material, and it's supremely acted by Lewis, Shaw, and Fricker.

19. HSBilly's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

Dan-Yell Day Lewis is talented and insane actor, not prequel to the usual suspect, at least Dan-Yell can feel his leg

20. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

21. Cinema Paradisio's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

22. Thomas Henry Gould's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

23. galuh indri's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

"All is nothing, therefore nothing must end."

24. CafeGradiva's rating of the film My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown