1. Zissou's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

2. Material Salva+ion's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

I'm a great admirer of NWR films and I genuinely think he is one of the most exciting, challenging filmmakers of our times with an uncompromising vision (and whose flaws partly help in reshaping style)...however, his wife's documentary doesn't really offer anything relevant or revelatory of who he is, how he thinks and what's behind his work. Better leave Refn where he belongs: behind the camera.

3. angeldromero's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

I enjoyed watching this because it provides an insight in the creative process for 'Only God Forgives' it also shows how tormented and depressed Nicolas was after the audience's high expectations because of his previous film 'Drive'. Very vulnerable and domestic documentary.

4. Steve Thompson's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Although a revealing portrait of an important contemporary film-maker, you wish for more insight into the director's working relationship with cast members and crew. Directed by Refn's wife, the film rather elucidates the way his creative struggles and difficult moods affect the family life that he has at hand on location. Perhaps the modest length of the film seems, in the end, to acknowledge its modest ambitions.

5. Thomas's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

An hours worth of self-doubt, vulnerability, whining and pretentiousness.. offset by an unconditionally loving and devoted wife and supportive family. Refn's varied work over the years has been a mixture of hit and miss for me, and I was left feeling I [the audience] deserved to learn more about him than merely his insecurities.

6. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Interesting enough to peek at the life on Winding Refn

7. Tom Hemingway's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

In Corfixen's documentary, Refn plays up the 'tortured artist' cliche, constantly seeking justification regarding his work from those around him. The effect of this negativity on his family life is briefly explored, but the film's length doesn't allow for much more. For fans of Only God Forgives, myself included, this documentary provides a few interesting insights. Otherwise, it's neither here nor there.

8. tintinmugshot's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Nicolas Winding doesn't know what hygge means.

9. Gareth Jones's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

This was perhaps, ironically, better than Only God Forgives which is the movie Nicolas Winding Refn was making throughout this documentary. I hadn't appreciated how hard it is for filmmakers to follow their successful films when expectations by fans and critics are so high. I enjoyed watching this and genuinely felt sorry for Nicolas who I do hope will continue to push the envelope and make more movies.

10. Penelope q's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Interesting to see the demos that live in the creative process.

11. Ollie's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

A somewhat interesting yet totally unsurprising look into director Nicolas Winding Refn's creative process, this documentary leaves many questions unanswered, but does at least explain the intentions behind 'Only God Forgives' to those who struggle to identify its meaning and purpose.

12. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Absolute must for anyone interested in film - it's a fantastic look at the industry and its wider impact.

13. Katherine Lo's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Never really paid too much attention to NWR, but I really appreciate this sincere little doc, as well as his creative process and effort.

14. bulgrin's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

15. Meindert's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Fantastic look into the creative process as well as the family and love life in general, and especially the questions arising from making concessions in a relationship.

16. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

I have no intention of watching OGF, looks way too violent for me, but this was a great little movie. The creative process and family life, very nicely observed and shot.

17. Tyler's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

I can only imagine fans of NWR liking this documentary. It only offers insight into a man, who i personally admire, and his own anxiety about his craft. Beyond that there is not much that it offers.

18. Amy Moffat's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

An interesting insight into the anxieties of the creative process. Winding Refn's wife films the family's daily life as the renowned Director attempts to follow on from the huge success of Drive, coping with the pressures of executing a creative vision whilst also satisfying his audience.

19. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Interesting but does feel like a DVD extra.

20. Julie's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Cinéaste torturé, processus créatif et troubles du quotidien !

21. Levi Miah's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

A beautifully intimate portrayal of both art and family and the struggle of maintaining the balance between them. The true Refn appears in this. Eventually, through some coaxing from Liv Corfixen, he drops all pretense and his usual artistic arrogance and we see him at his most anxious, vulnerable and relatable.

22. Ferg Worrall's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

A truly honest and open look into the creative struggles of an artist, as well as the personal battles that revolve around them. Their invitation into this process must be commended, as we all need reassurance that our self-doubts and aspirations are not unique.

23. Stefan Drees's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Some interesting insight into the working processes of Nicolas Winding Refn - but nothing more. The private scenes are a little bit dull, and the whole movie is quite amateurish.

24. Graham Ball's rating of the film My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Pretty amiable documentary that was subtle in its execution and ultimately pedestrian enough to capture it's subject matter without too much intrusive controversy. I love Rehn and 'Only God...' is amaze-balls of a film in my opinion. Maybe I would have liked to see a bit more grit but that's just me. It worked. Insightful enough without getting truly revelatory. Worth a viewing.