1. Inteleter's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Wanted to like this but I was just not interested in this and a comedy fails for me if I find it boring, which is exactly what happened here.

2. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

A vagrant (Godfrey, played by William Powell) is found by a well-ro-do young woman (Carole Lombard) on a "scavenger hunt" and she ends up offering him a job as the family butler. But the woman may not want to be a typical employer, and the man is certainly not wanting to be a typical employee. This classic comedy from director Gregory La Cava has a fun script and great performances to recommend it. A delight.

3. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

4. David Latto's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Such a well-crafted film! Full of cliches - it shouldn't work. Lombard is the spoiled brat; unconsciously self-centred and fickle. Powell is a man with a secret; quiet, humble and reduced to serving the whims of his feather-brained employers. Almost every character is an over the top stereotype. All of the rich are self-obsessed and all of the poor are supportive of each other. And yet..they are somehow believable.

5. Superfrog's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

May I be frank? Is this your name? No, my name is Godfrey. Great line for a nearly socialist comedy. Really worth a watch

6. I.Camera's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

A great anarchic comedy from the thirties. Carole Lombard is wonderful as the ditzy, unfiltered speed-talker Irene ("It's a lovely view - the view of the bridge. Is it always there?"), while Lombard's ex-husband William Powell makes a great straight man calmly navigating a rich-yet-certifiable family clan. More recent comedies like the Wedding Singer try to copy its nuttiness, though very few can match its charm.

7. Jon's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

8. Peter Blegvad's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

9. Veronika Wellings's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

A delightfully light film making me laugh at all the madcap behaviour of the various actors. Shame no one makes films like this anymore.

10. chloe's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

A delight from the 30s, fast-paced wit combined with shrewd social critique. What impressed me most its subtle realism- psychologically realistic and discerning in a way that few real people are let alone portrayals of people in film. An astute, intelligent and entertaining film with some hilarious moments. Not to mention shot in full 30s New York glitz.

11. chaozu302's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

A very intelligent and insightful film, nicely mixed with silliness and fun. The film was very charming and enjoyable.

12. valbuickstorey's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

light hearted fun and a great anti dote to the news!

13. Chris's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

14. Laura Suffield's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

I'm not sure I'm going to watch it again because I've seen it so many times, but if you haven't DON'T MISS IT!!!!

15. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

16. Martin Jensen's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Carlo's ape impression > The Square

17. Robert H's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

"Stand still Godfrey, it'll all be over in a minute". A thoroughly entertaining manic comedy with buttery charms of Powell and Lombard and a wacky household. The vibes give off "Mary Poppins" without the musicals, but keeping grace and intelligence of the butler - with some great lines "there's a very peculiar mental process called thinking; you wouldn't know much about that". Highly recommended.

18. Al Sampedro's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

19. FISCHER's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Superbe comédie américaine digne des meilleures productions de Frank Capra ou d'Ernst Lubitsch, qui nous raconte les aventures d'un faux clochard. A la suite d'un pari stupide et mondain, il est engagé comme majordome par une famille de la haute société névrosée et fort insupportable ..... www.cinefiches.com

20. petit astronaute's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

21. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Muy entretenida screwball comedy. Está esa divertida y ridícula representación de la familia aristocrática, pero también está el reverso de la moneda. Cual Wyler o Capra, La Cava pone como protagonista a un hombre redimiéndose y aleccionando con corrección y humildad a esta familia que tiene una excéntrica y exquisita hija. Es además una idea utópica para darle cara a la Gran Depresión. Notable de inicio a fin.

22. Aardsy's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Another one for the ash pile.

23. Vincent T's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

24. Ethan's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

This is one of the best screwball comedies of the 30s. This film delivers non stop laughs and William Powell is nothing short of brilliant in this.