1. FISCHER's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Superbe comédie américaine digne des meilleures productions de Frank Capra ou d'Ernst Lubitsch, qui nous raconte les aventures d'un faux clochard. A la suite d'un pari stupide et mondain, il est engagé comme majordome par une famille de la haute société névrosée et fort insupportable ..... www.cinefiches.com

2. petit astronaute's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

3. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Muy entretenida screwball comedy. Está esa divertida y ridícula representación de la familia aristocrática, pero también está el reverso de la moneda. Cual Wyler o Capra, La Cava pone como protagonista a un hombre redimiéndose y aleccionando con corrección y humildad a esta familia que tiene una excéntrica y exquisita hija. Es además una idea utópica para darle cara a la Gran Depresión. Notable de inicio a fin.

4. Aardsy's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Another one for the ash pile.

5. Vincent T's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

6. Ethan's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

This is one of the best screwball comedies of the 30s. This film delivers non stop laughs and William Powell is nothing short of brilliant in this.

7. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

"Godfrey loves me! Godfrey loves me!" Che salvavita.

8. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Considered by many to be the definitive screwball comedy, this is certainly a fun and carefree excursion above anything else. In its dialogue and characters the humor is dead on throughout, with all of the performers giving pitch perfect portrayals all the best of the humor is in the delivery of the lines given to the actors. A light and easy affair well worth watching

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Not just my fav screwball, but probably my fav comedy ever. Just so much "right" with this film. Essential.

10. RoRoRoro's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

11. caitlin.f's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

adorable & fun -- carol lombard!! <3

12. Deiner's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

I think I've seen this film for the 3rd time now and I'm really impressed at how entertaining this film is even for today standards. I think the writers are the ones to blame here for that. I really love this cast, Powell in particular, it wasn't hard to believe that every single character was falling over for him. Lombard is hilarious and so incredibly charming. A truly delightful film.

13. onur.oeg@gmail.com's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

No wonder screwball comedy is really enthusiastic to watch and has continous rumble all around. This creates unique smile which is not much but no less on audience. A focused theme which is generally love is perfect to issue in this typography. Though I tend to enjoy more with thriller type of screwballs..

14. yasdnil's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

One of the best screwballs I've ever seen. The characters are so drastically different and unpredictable, but blend together to make the perfectly warped family. My only complaint was the slight chaos in the beginning, incorporating a different style of humor that almost divided the film in half.

15. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Nicely shot and directed; some very good performances; pretty funny; politically not exactly dynamite.

16. El Biffo's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

A clever look at class-consciousness.

17. msmichel's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Essential comedic cinema. La Cava's 'My Man Godfrey' is a wonderfully scripted charmer with a perfectly cast William Powell, Carole Lombard and a fine group of eccentrics. This comedy of manners and social forms is hysterical even with near 80 years since it's release. Barely dated and just plain charming. Though I still think he wound up with the wrong sister. Just an opinion.

18. arlinda's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Godfrey: "The recovery is around the corner." Homeless man: "I wonder around which corner I should look." Whatever connection there once was between the nosedive of the economy and the rise of screwball comedy, it doesn't seem to hold these days, does it?

19. Sabrina Crews's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

I expected more. Gregory La Cava seems like a class-conscious fellow, but he didn't take this far enough. The ridiculous ending reduced this hilarious, bad-ass critique of wealth to little more than a goofy rom-com. Shame.

20. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

21. Mitch's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Incredible chemistry between Powell and Lombard, amazingly funny with some of the best one-liners ever, and god, the black and white in the film is just perfect. I can't possibly imagine watching this in color. A new favorite.

22. ruthafritap's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Just watched this for the second time. I laughed even more than the first time. Such a favorite.

23. Melanie's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

My Man Godfrey is a place where melodrama and overacting works! The medley of characters are a fascinating (and exaggerated) ridicule of the upper-class. Of course the overall premise is a stretch, yet the entertainment and fun of the direction and scenario forgives the set-up of the story. A dynamic and masterful comedy that has sustained over 75 years.

24. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film My Man Godfrey

Watched this again last night and loved every minute of it!!