1. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

This is an unexpected version of the 9/11 post period story. You get a glance of the differences between Turkey, Iraq and Iran. It's also interesting to see how the war affected the regular population of those countries. The movie also registers the singularities of these cultures, like music, clothing, cars, ethnicity and, of course, religion.

2. Henrique Amud's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

Not a lot of production values or a big narrative, but nonetheless an earnest and organic film that is both the retelling of a doomed relationship and the international conflicts the doomed a lot of people. Ay├ža is fierce and effortless on the screen (playing herself) and Karabey demonstrates that even with no money and not all the technical prowess one could have, it'll get interesting once you know what you want.

3. Anna's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

Beautiful cinematic exploration of the man-made obstacles and institutions that divide people. I think everything really anchors off Ayca's statement towards the beginning:"We are like gypsies, aren't we? As long as we're with our loved ones, I would live anywhere." Our hearts cannot see borders, feel cultural differences, or hear different languages.

4. thedreamydryad's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

Honest. Funny. Endearing. Poignant.

5. Weston Campbell's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

Half of a love story, atypical and affecting.

6. ramiro's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

interesante , buen contexto de la guerra y buena narracion de usos y costumbres

7. msmichel's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

Lackluster, amateurish production based on the real life relationship between a young Turkish actress and an older Kurdish 'B' movie actor who is trapped in Iraq as the war breaks out. Hard to fault someone playing themselves but one has a hard time feeling any empathy for this young woman who places her own vision of acceptance before all else including the effects of war. One wonders how earnest his love was.

8. victoria's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

I hope to meet you one day and work with you. Victoria

9. debbie black's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

Fantastic film!!!!!!!! I am confused by the ending. Did Ayca and Hama get together? The end seemed to suggest he was shot at crossing the border and just leaves us there hanging. Please tell me as I am dying to know!!!!! Debbie

10. Pedja's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

@Debbie. The fact is that we're all living under the wage of personal misunderstandings, mistakes, etc. and in an intense to find the breath of truth, something to make us happy and to feel liberated from the curse of our nation/society, somewhere in the Balkans, the Middle East and the West Asia.. Very good pictures, wonderful pictures from Istanbul, Turkey, and Iran.

11. Tom Kirk's rating of the film My Marlon and Brando

Inventive and impassioned micro-budget Kurdish/Turkish new wave / festival hit. See my interview with director Huseyin Karabey. http://microwave.filmlondon.org.uk/get_the_news/smashing_borders_the_turkish_new_wave