1. Andrew Esson's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Two thirtysomethings, unemployed former alcoholic Joe and community health worker Sarah, start a romantic relationship in the one of the toughest Glasgow neighbourhoods.

2. Ghostman's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

My Name Is Joe is a heartbreaking film about addiction & failure made by the great Ken Loach. Peter Mullan gives one of the finest performances I've seen. Such a film could never be made in America; as it is filled with swearing, honest adult relationships, unglamorous observations on crime, & filled with Loach's working class insights that lean into socialist politics.

3. Bruno's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

eu não vou muito à boleia com este determinismo social, o filme, argumento e imagem, e a rotineira banda sonora, pintados por números, acaba sendo convencional

4. FISCHER's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Kenneth Loach poursuit dans la voie de l'engagement social avec son talent habituel. Une nouvelle réussite particulièrement émouvante... www.cinefiches.com

5. -REM-'s rating of the film My Name Is Joe

6. kokeshi's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Rivederlo a distanza di anni me l'ha fatto apprezzare ancora di più. Fondamentale l'aspetto drammatico e tragico che mai sfocia nel banale. Come la storia d'amore raccontata senza troppi romanticismi ma prediligendo una piacevole ruvidezza.

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

I cannot say enough words of how good Peter Mullan is in this film. His power and authenticity crackles. This was the best actor for 1998. Not Begnini. This film made me appreciate Ken Loach.

8. Tendoza's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

9. James Devereaux's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Still thinking about Peter Mullan's performance in My Name Is Joe, cant get it out of my head. I believe its when acting is poetry.

10. Lorna Singh's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Another powerful,authentic,moving film from Ken Loach.Peter Mullan was a deserving Best actor winner at Cannes in his portrayal of a good man,who has made mistakes,but will go out on a limb for others. Some funny moments plus a touching love story.

11. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Come sempre Ken Loach sfrutta la"storia"per mettere in mostra contraddizioni ed ingiustizie sociali.E anche questa volta fa centro,perchè realizza un ottimo lavoro sempre in bilico tra dramma,ironia e umorismo,con un'insolita svolta d'azione nell'ultima parte in cui i rapporti tra i personaggi si complicano troppo.Buonissime le caratterizzazioni e lo spaccato di Glasgow,con in più un grande Mullan. 3,5*

12. itstheresomewhere's rating of the film My Name Is Joe