1. msmichel's rating of the film My Neighbours and Their Japanese Ghosts

Is it better to remember the past or forget in the shadow of past war? This documentary film has nothing to add to that debate. A total miss.

2. PUDU's rating of the film My Neighbours and Their Japanese Ghosts

It's good that people watch this, because Japanese didn't fight only the US; to them - it was a scratch, people from China or Korea got it much worse. In my opinion Yang Lina should've worked more with the editing, some of the things are unnecessary, the longer doesn't mean better. Quick synopsis of the war at the beggining of the film also would be appreciated.

3. Renton47's rating of the film My Neighbours and Their Japanese Ghosts

Watched this on Australia Day here at home, a holiday that I sadly cannot celebrate given our country's unwillingness to do more to acknowledge the horrors of its past. Really felt the importance of documenting experiences of individuals who lived history firsthand. Nice film that's only a little formally exhausting.

4. Heath Killen's rating of the film My Neighbours and Their Japanese Ghosts

I'm so glad that I caught this before it expired. Raw, funny, and sad tales told on the streets of China by its senior citizens - through missing teeth and hazy memories. A reminder that we are still living in the shadows of World War II.

5. tintinmugshot's rating of the film My Neighbours and Their Japanese Ghosts

If nobody talks, I don't give a fu.

6. Marcin Żuraw's rating of the film My Neighbours and Their Japanese Ghosts

7. EdieEmm's rating of the film My Neighbours and Their Japanese Ghosts

Yang Lina less interviews her subjects than gleans memories, impressions, hints of emotion... The result is something more delicate than an oral history, though probably just as necessary, of survivors/resisters of the Japanese occupation. Handled with grace (though verging, methodologically, on ethically questionable, given the risk of re-traumatizing the unprepared). At 52 minutes, well worth the watch. 3.5

8. db's rating of the film My Neighbours and Their Japanese Ghosts

An amazing document. Living as I do in Japan, it was particularly hard going. While watching, I wonder if anything similar exists of Vietnamese oral history. Or Palestinian. Or...Name your atrocity.

9. Ostermyers's rating of the film My Neighbours and Their Japanese Ghosts