1. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

2. Walker's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

One of THE most engaging and memorable dialogue driven movies I've ever seen. A favorite.

3. Cindy's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

felt like a parody of every french new wave trope

4. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

5. Richmond Hill's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

Without seemingly lifting a finger, this film covers a whole gamut of life: faith, sex, contradictions, lies and so on - and yet the power lies in the rapier precise script so ably performed by this quartet around the square of four partly interconnected lives. You need to catch it in the right (receptive) mood but it's a gem of human truths underlined by Rohmer's understated wisdom.

6. smndvdcl's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

Religion, repression, romance and philosophy. Quintessential Rohmer.

7. nessmj's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

less unsteady, more moralistically pointed than the first two moral tales. there might be a little less moving room in terms of interpretation of the grey areas in a certain christian morality that jean-louis espouses but all the players are more roundly characterized. rohmer's deeply humanistic/reasonable approach to the confrontation of individual belief and non-binary morality is wonderful.

8. choupinet's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

The characters in Rohmers movies could be sitting on a couch, chain smoking cigarettes while having deep, long intellectual conversations about life, death and whatnot for hours, and I would still not get bored. Wait.

9. croissant massage's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

Not recommended for the lovelorn/romantically challenged.

10. alphonse's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

Few directors consistently made/make genuinely good films about human relationships throughout their careers, but Eric Rohmer is the king of those few masters that rarely failed to craft great works of art just by putting a few characters discussing their ideas from start to finish. My Night at Maud's, a gem about the everlasting contradictions between beliefs and actions, remains one of his most well-realized films.

11. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

Easily the best of Rohmer’s “six moral tales” thus far. It’s actually kind of an amazing leap in ability as a filmmaker for him. This seems professional, not like his earlier, more unbalanced efforts.

12. s.birowo's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

Not only because of the content of the film which I found alluring but also how the film marked as a portentous year when I laid my eyes on it for the first time.

13. Renton47's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

The apex of ethical filmmaking in the moral tales so far. Unlike previous entries Rohmer's gaze is less scathing - though we might read 'Maud' as the instability of ethics in the face of a beautiful woman. Rather I see it as the cost of transgression on the lives of people who try to live by a code; the spiritual and moral ramifications for betraying your ethics, even briefly. Great but less vibrant.

14. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

16. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

17. HSBilly's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

the last naration of "nothing happened" by trintignant is the reason i add one more star for this.

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

I didn't understand this in my teens-- perhaps the best example of adolescent cluelessness (cinephile division) I can think of. Perhaps that's why this is now one of my favorites-- like revisiting a close friend I first thought not worth knowing well.

19. Mr. Marston's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

20. crnstsc's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

4,5. the thought of the future needn't depress us, since we have none

21. Log Lady's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

As a cinematic experience, a lot less interesting than Godard, Antonioni and others of the same vein. Emotionally dry, which for me is a turn-off, and although in some cases philosophical ponderings are great, Rohmer's approach created a distance, which left me unable to connect with the film. The focus on the reaction of the recipient instead of the speaker was great, though, and overall still a definite classic.

22. Bogdan Liviu's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

"Purity of heart is the important thing. If you're reaIIy in Iove with one girI, you don't want to sIeep with another."

23. lndah's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

It's hard to explain Rohmer's to friends cause you can't even begin what his movies' are exactly about in words. Well, you can put a plain plot in words or blatantly pointing his every bizzare conversations. But they would go, "Meh.' So, i just straight up and idiotically say, "Just watch it and you'll understand..." There should be a special language to his.

24. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film My Night at Maud's

... I screwed up. I need to get her back.. Norway.... This is growing up i guess.