1. rksw's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

2. oanagavriloiu's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

river phoenix broke my heart

3. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

It is amazing how the film maker can take such a foreign conflict and make it absolutely relatable to everyone watching. Amazing cinematography and casting,

4. Amanda Violetto's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

5. Louis Léonard's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

6. oooooo's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

7. paristexas's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

My Own Private Idaho deserves 5 stars for the awe inspiring fact that Gus Van Sant seamlessly manages to weave poetic cinema and emotionally immersive narrative with characters defined by their over the top hammy shakespearean prose- without distracting from the film (though kenau is at his best when silently reflecting, rather than reciting shakespearean insults)

8. anadyomene's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

Young Reeves was so cute and precious, I watched 'Young Again' and you should too. 'My Own Private Idaho' is also a nice memory of River Phoenix, it breaks my heart to wish to see them together again.

9. Pily's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

I watched this film for the first time in 1992 and it was a 'before and after moment. By far the best Van Sant film and River magnificent talent as its best, his performance is superb, 25 years on and I still get goosebumps every time I watch it. Like Keanu said, this is not a movie, its a FILM.

10. Catarina Monteiro's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

It takes a little while do develop but when it comes, it really comes! I don't know what did I just saw, but this is incredible and River Phoenix is so damn sexy and his performance is absolutely stunning I love him

11. Balthaz21's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

12. Joao Domingues's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

13. Igor Ramos's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

Got to admit that this was kind of a letdown... All the praise and good reviews made me expect something better. The plot is convoluted (places and people came and went in a messy way) the chemistry between Reeves and Phoenix was barely none (probably because Scott was such and shitty character and Mickey was doing all the emotional work) and the overall vibe is that it had potential but Van Sant couldn't deliver it.

14. Thomas Dods's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

River Pheonix is great but still felt like an average road movie, just didn't get it. Very willing to give it another go considering the general acclaim....

15. 1boredjellyfish's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

16. cinegeek.de's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

(...)Mike sucht nach Liebe, doch wenn er ehrlich ist, braucht er jemanden, der ihm Schutz bietet, der ihn hält. Grosse mentale Schäden erlitt er während seiner Kindheit, nun sucht er nach einer Obhut - ganz gleich, ob bei einem Mann oder einer Frau. Einen klassischen Hollywood Plot bekommen wir dabei nicht geboten. Der Film treibt - genauso wie das Leben der Beiden auf keinen festen Punkt zu.

17. Chien Yi's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

have a nice day I miss you

18. plankton's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

19. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

20. billajenny's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

21. Kotryna's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

22. killgill's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

Oh God do i remember staying up late to watch this on logo with the volume turned way down in middle school or what

23. Chris's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

i love mike so much :( why did this happen to him

24. uenus's rating of the film My Own Private Idaho

es como ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ luego :sssss y "tengo que dormir"

← Previous 1 3 4 5