1. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

A little bit weak if compared to other of Theroux's works. Going Clear still stays as the best effort in cult related documentaries.

2. tyb's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

Theroux fails to say much new or interesting about the CoS due to a too narrow focus. The over-reliance on his few defector subjects and manufactured drama distracts from a larger picture that deserves more focus. Disappointing from one of our greatest documentary filmmakers.

3. Thomas Dods's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

Fun and diverting to a point, but completely unfocused. We don't really learn anything about the belief system of this cult as the film plays on the intimidation suffered by the members who have left, which I am sure Theroux has covered before....

4. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

I did not know anything about scientilogy so I found this documentary informative. I liked Louis Theroux's approach, always positive and nice but at the same time persistent and incisive. Not sure about the re-enactment of some past scientilogy events but now I know the stress test machines used by the scientologists are actually lie detectors.

5. Adam's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

A movie that just managed to be plastered together, but probably should have been left on the cutting floor.

6. dave gunn's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

Not entirely sure I understand the purpose of some of the tactics used in this, but I do think this is Louis himself at his best and most courageous. As far as a being a informative documentary about Scientology, it fails, but as a documentary about the mental assault and brainwashing of a cult, it succeeds. If nothing else, this is a scary film about the consequences of making a documentary about Scientology.

7. Paulitics's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

Entertaining enough but for a more informative look at Scientology its got to be Going Clear.

8. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

9. Blue Roses's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

10. pieomy's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

While it was shocking and cringe inducing, I didn't learn anything new from this, and it seemed more of a mockery of the church than anything- which is fine by me of course. I just thought it was a bit of a pointless documentary. Louis is always so great though, love him.

11. Ryan Theodores's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

Not great as a documentary, but fun regardless. The castings were surprisingly entertaining, and c'mon; Paz wandering through your shoot is the best thing that can happen to you.

12. jxn's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

13. miles's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

entertaining, not your average documentary.

14. BernardoL's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

Unlike Theroux's previous works, this documentary is a unfocused mess. Between awkward car rides with scientology detractors and purposeless reenactments of past events, we learn nothing new about this cult.

15. Isa Reis's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

... sem nada a oferecer... ai louis, louis!!

16. kubrickhallway's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

Louis Theroux uses his own mental games here, and it ends up feeling like a very long, very lame Daily Show sketch. Devoid of direction, he goes from acting like Werner Herzog to acting like a skirmish rabbit at whim. Ultimately, all potential is wasted. 'Going Clear' looks like 'Citizen Kane' in comparison.

17. Henry Spencer's rating of the film My Scientology Movie

Sadly, this is more of a character study on Mark Rathbun than a documentary on Scientology. While it's still interesting and entertaining, Gibney's "Going Clear" and the two BBC Documentaries by Sweeney provide more insight into the belief system and inner workings of the church.

18. elizabeth l・'s rating of the film My Scientology Movie

The moment when Louis is literally pulled into the casting scenes featuring actors trying to recreate David Miscavige's aggressive demeanor complete with physical and verbal abuse for what seems to be Marty's own private masturbatory enjoyment truly made the film worth watching although I really learned nothing new about this cult.