1. Juan Javier's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

2. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

The wide range of characters in question are conduits of different philosophical schools. Paul's sex life is a cocktail of existentialism representing Cynics, Absurdists, Nihilists as he defines himself between Nietzsche, Heidegger and Kierkegaard. Even religion is touched on by Paul's brother, where his cousin has a Stoic approach. This creates a literally philosophical film that is made richer by some awareness.

3. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

I saw this on release and swooned. I recall having an almighty crush on Marianne Denicourt and indeed this film more than almost any other helped form 'theoretical Paris' during the 90s: gorgeous, complicated, unattainable women and slightly shambolic men wandering around between cafes, university campuses and huge apartments. I need to watch it again before the next 20 years are up.

4. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

This didn't work for me, despite a great cast that includes Mathieu Amalric, Emmanuelle Devos, Emmanuel Salinger, Marianne Denicourt, and more (even a young Marion Cotillard has a memorable appearance). It DOES have some good points to make, but those are lost on the way, with many scenes featuring too much going on to stay focused on the key ideas.

5. AliceR's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

6. Superfrog's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

I like Deplechin's mind, so I tend to like his films. Loved the lecherous camera shots and the characters to a point. The film does drag on a bit.

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

Positively Altmanesque in its multi-story refractions. Unsympathetic characters (Brechtian alienation) are still absorbing in their pre-mid life relationship woes whilst pursuing careers in academia. It speaks to the pseudo-intellectual in all of us still in the throes of their fifth or sixth phase of adolescence - a fascinating comedy drama which intentionally evokes alienation alongside aspects of identification.

8. Richard Stopford's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

Very French, very funny, very existential, very meta, very psychoanalytic, very long, very good, and very exasperating. Most impressive was that it allowed the characters to make fools of themselves without being mean-spirited, cynical or simply ironic - a balancing act achieved by the film's identification with it's own characters. Also you can play continental philosophy bingo to it...

9. panagiotatos's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

10. lou.'s rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

La performance gracieuse de Emmanuelle Devos, ça donne vraiment du sens au film, que j'ai adoré par rapport à l'étude des caractères et à l'analyse des liens entre eux: l'amour, l'amitié, la vie... tout cela, mérite d'être soumis à une refléxion, souvent philosophique, mais empirique aussi. Nous ne sommes faits que par des touches et blessures de l'Autre sur notre propre peu et au plus profond de notre chair.

11. hemachandra's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

I only watched this film cos I liked its sequel/prequel MY GOLDEN DAYS and it took me just 12 days, 17 hours & 28 minutes to complete this film

12. Tellechea's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

J'en verrais trois heures de plus.

13. patchwork's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

14. Negative Creep's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

This film was a bittersweet surprise, it hits a little close to home, but some of the strangeness definitely comes from the fact it deals with conflicts of people in their late 20's and early 30's, and things do get complicated. we are thrown into a dense network of ideological confusion, co dependency and pretentious characters. some of the men x women bothered me, but discussions go well beyond that manicheaism.

15. tristanetyseut's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

Paja intelectual a la parisina. Un poco larga pero pero representativa y entretenida. Me recordó mis años estudiantiles; las intrigas cruzadas entre amigos de la facu. El casting más cool de la época en Francia: Chiara Mastroiani, Denis Podalydes, Emmanuelle Devos, Jeanne Balibar, entre otros!

16. Kadjavsi's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

17. Ronja's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

actually i keep remembering the characters of this film, it's very literary, comes back like flashbacks from a book

18. fluforget's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

nice chaos and fucked up philosophy in every corner, but found it too much even to finish watching.

19. Andrew Miller's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

As with Rohmer, I had the sense that all this talk (stylized, theatrical) was pointing towards subtext-- cinema, theater, performance, pre-millennial tension.

20. Geert's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

Really enjoyed this one. It didn't feel that long at all. Great acting, nice dialogue and some very funny moments.

21. Laura Suffield's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

OMG, you showed this film really recently! Why are you showing it again? It's not exactly a masterpiece... You showed this film a couple of years ago, maximum. Please note that I am protesting in general about the number of films you are showing again in a very short space of time. We don't pay our membership fees for endless repeats. If other members would like to comment, I would appreciate some support here.

22. Warren Spratley's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

An intricate, ambitious, Dickensian study of people within an academic milieu, a film which is lovingly tangential, focused on the minute facets of such a wide range of characters. Its novelistic narrative design is hard to convey as Desplechin has no qualms with letting his cinematic eye extensively diverge, examining the illuminations, efforts, and natures of so many. The final hour is epiphanic in its movements.

23. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

One of the best french comedy of all time!

24. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument

Three relationships unfolded in almost 3 hours of what could be labeled as 'late 20's/early 30's identity-love-career crisis' of a mediocre Philosophy assistant professor. I got the feeling it was too long for its purposes.