1. Ethan's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

This is an excellent documentary a good starter kit for anybody looking to explore Italian cinema, specifically the neo realist films of the 40s and 50s and then the cinema of Fellini and Antonioni of the 60s.

2. AdrianM.'s rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

Scorsese is a charming narrator

3. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

An excellent look into Scorsese's world and the films which influenced him. This also serves as a reminder that I need more Italian neorealism in my life.

4. SamSpade's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

His sensibility and his words make a perfect lecture for a rainy afternoon!

5. Matthew Martens's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

Heartfelt and nostalgic, albeit aligned with the auteurist romance of visionaries pushing cinema "forward," Scorsese's travelogue often feels more personal than it really is -- that is, there are many more allusions to the profound impact these films have had on him than there are descriptions of what that impact amounted to in his life or his craft. This is cheerleading, but so what? I like this team.

6. Reneé Ylizaliturri's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

A classic cinema class from a true master. This 4 hour long documentary is Martin Scorsese taking you through several films that have influenced him over the years, that inspired him and made him the great filmmaker he became. Scorsese has a passion for cinema more than probably any of his contemporaries.

7. OwainCai's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

One of my favourite periods of cinema looked at retrospectively through the masterful eyes of Martin Scorsese. Such an excellent documentary, 246 minutes well spent.

8. tiagovitoria's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

An insightful retrospective about italian movies related to the neo-realism period. Martin Scorseses shows his own point of view about the italian films who had inspired him and his work. In a few words we can describe his work on this doc: learning about true cinema.

9. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

As a follow up to his essay on American Movies this is pretty darn good and it will amke you seek out the lesser known films

10. Matt Kilgore's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

Loved it. Although any respect for spoilers is pretty non-existent (shows the last scenes of Germany Year Zero, Rome Open City, Umberto D, etc of which I haven't seen). I think i'll try and watch all of the US films featured before watching the American films doc. But yeah, Scorsese is fascinating. He talks like he's speaks hushed in a theater, maybe he is.

11. Alex's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

12. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

I kind of wish he included Bertolucci and Pasolini, but I'm not sure if they influenced him as much as the rest.

13. Ardhi Syaifuddin's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

I like Scorsese's taste better than his films.

14. Linda Crisan's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

Sometimes I need to understand the history of a film before I see it, and this doc does a very good job of introducing Italian cinema- which I never felt particularly close to. Scorsese makes for an excellent narrator too; I really want to adopt him as my granddad.

15. S Campbell's rating of the film My Voyage to Italy

Excellent follow up to the American movies doc The rumour is he will tackle British films in a doc much like this one