1. falso doku's rating of the film My Winnipeg

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Uncovers the leylines of the heart! The lap! The forks! Mother! At once an earnest reflection upon one man's mother issues and an aggressive trolling of the Winnipeg Tourist Board. Psychogeography at its most psycho- sexual; neurotic; therapeutic. I can't remember ever having so much fun being lied to.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film My Winnipeg

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film My Winnipeg

I'd say that this was in the same general category as Tarkovsky's Mirror. Except there are no floating ladies or houses on fire. It's poetry, but with that marvelous Canadian sense of humor and sensibility. I just love the dreamy imagery which works so well with the theme of sleepwalking. I relate to his story, and I feel like I could watch it again.

5. smndvdcl's rating of the film My Winnipeg

A visionary pseudo-documentary creation.

6. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film My Winnipeg

7. DSPRKY's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Hilarious, and really a film for which Winnipeg is the ideal subject.

8. Marley's rating of the film My Winnipeg

The perfect example of perspective based non-fiction film. Guy Maddin shares his sweeping poetic hippocampus with little regard to what reality exists outside of himself.

9. Diderot's rating of the film My Winnipeg

How does this man get movies made? It's remarkable. Ann Savage, erotic fantasies of sweaty Soviets, dead frozen horses, and much more fill this dream-doc about Madden's little block of home.

10. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film My Winnipeg

A dark, nostalgic, hypnotic, and hilarious journey into the heart of the heart of the country. “Why? Why? Why don’t we just swim?”

11. marco's rating of the film My Winnipeg

the auteurs best of decade poll

12. HSBilly's rating of the film My Winnipeg

what if? what if? what if?

13. James Mackin's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Winnipeg is such a magical place.

14. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film My Winnipeg

I could't help get the feeling that the images were trying to compensate for a lack of quality in the words.

15. juliazhuang413@gmail.com's rating of the film My Winnipeg

10 mins into the film I already know that it's something I will return to for consolation if I had a bad day, or for celebration, of what cinema can be.

16. Emily O's rating of the film My Winnipeg

i work...i worry...i wait

17. JD Tastad's rating of the film My Winnipeg

in some valleys there are cottonwoods, and they snow though it is summer.

18. Thomas's rating of the film My Winnipeg

An overly self-absorbed love-letter to Maddin's formative years in his home town. I found it ultimately self-indulgent and excludingly personal, despite having quite a broad, surreal scope and a playful, 'mockumentary' narrative. Still worth a watch for the imaginative ideas and cinematography.

19. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film My Winnipeg

It puts you in some sort of a surreal dream. So Freaudian in many ways. Although, it makes you pass out sometimes, I think it is actually works for this film. I am not sure if I am not dreaming of Winnipeg at the moment and not sleep-walking (typing).

20. RenaissancePete's rating of the film My Winnipeg

21. Gastuba's rating of the film My Winnipeg

22. DrFirestone's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Impressive, film noir inspired visuals, sound and music aproprietly matched. Interesting, dreamy, surreal story. I enjoyed the humour. It's originality and probably a weakness (for some) is the fact that while the film is revolving around the history of Winnipeg and the author's childhood memories, the facts and fiction are all blurred together...

23. raggiodisole's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Lured in by the picture, I was. And eventually sated. A love poem to the Winnipeg of history, youth, imagination and myth

24. Alex Hall's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Pretty spectacular. Original, and the narration is sublime.

← Previous 1 3 4