1. FISCHER's rating of the film My Winnipeg

> Un imposant et foisonnant kaléidoscope d'histoires vécues, sublimées, narrées, dans une hyperbolique et vertigineuse construction cinématographique, avec ses reconstitutions jouées, ses images et photos d'archives, ses séquences d'animation et sa puissante et touchante poésie élégiaque font de cette œuvre hautement cathartique, un inoubliable moment de cinéma, intelligent, sensible et percutant.. www.cinefiches.com

2. ADZERTY's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Chef d'oeuvre d'humour et de tendre nostalgie. On est happés par ce film, hypnotisés comme les protagonistes bercés par le train luttent en vain pour ne pas s'endormir et pouvoir échapper à l'attraction de la ville.

3. RoRoRoro's rating of the film My Winnipeg

4. Peter Walsh's rating of the film My Winnipeg

A somnabulist's ramblings through his dreams, his home, his memories of film history. Unexpected, charming, and endlessly compelling filmmaking.

5. Ludovic72's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Soumis aux facéties de "Maddin le guedin", le style documentaire ne tarde guère à en perdre son latin... L'expert de l'imagerie pseudo-années 20 et du montage pseudo-einsensteinien a concocté une balade temporelle somnambulique, où la véracité des images d'archives sombre corps et âme dans les aberrations les plus drolatiques. Un hommage absurde et touchant (mais parfois trop saturé) à Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Winnipeg...

6. Adam Whybray's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Uncovers the leylines of the heart! The lap! The forks! Mother! At once an earnest reflection upon one man's mother issues and an aggressive trolling of the Winnipeg Tourist Board. Psychogeography at its most psycho- sexual; neurotic; therapeutic. I can't remember ever having so much fun being lied to.

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film My Winnipeg

2017 UNIVERSCINE ----- 2017 MUBI

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film My Winnipeg

I'd say that this was in the same general category as Tarkovsky's Mirror. Except there are no floating ladies or houses on fire. It's poetry, but with that marvelous Canadian sense of humor and sensibility. I just love the dreamy imagery which works so well with the theme of sleepwalking. I relate to his story, and I feel like I could watch it again.

9. smndvdcl's rating of the film My Winnipeg

A visionary pseudo-documentary creation.

10. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film My Winnipeg

11. DSPRKY's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Hilarious, and really a film for which Winnipeg is the ideal subject.

12. Marley's rating of the film My Winnipeg

The perfect example of perspective based non-fiction film. Guy Maddin shares his sweeping poetic hippocampus with little regard to what reality exists outside of himself.

13. Diderot's rating of the film My Winnipeg

How does this man get movies made? It's remarkable. Ann Savage, erotic fantasies of sweaty Soviets, dead frozen horses, and much more fill this dream-doc about Madden's little block of home.

14. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film My Winnipeg

A dark, nostalgic, hypnotic, and hilarious journey into the heart of the heart of the country. “Why? Why? Why don’t we just swim?”

15. marco's rating of the film My Winnipeg

the auteurs best of decade poll

16. HSBilly's rating of the film My Winnipeg

what if? what if? what if?

17. James Mackin's rating of the film My Winnipeg

Winnipeg is such a magical place.

18. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film My Winnipeg

I could't help get the feeling that the images were trying to compensate for a lack of quality in the words.

19. Pistaradox's rating of the film My Winnipeg

10 mins into the film I already know that it's something I will return to for consolation if I had a bad day, or for celebration, of what cinema can be.

20. Emily O's rating of the film My Winnipeg

i work...i worry...i wait

21. JD Tastad's rating of the film My Winnipeg

in some valleys there are cottonwoods, and they snow though it is summer.

22. Thomas's rating of the film My Winnipeg

An overly self-absorbed love-letter to Maddin's formative years in his home town. I found it ultimately self-indulgent and excludingly personal, despite having quite a broad, surreal scope and a playful, 'mockumentary' narrative. Still worth a watch for the imaginative ideas and cinematography.

23. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film My Winnipeg

It puts you in some sort of a surreal dream. So Freaudian in many ways. Although, it makes you pass out sometimes, I think it is actually works for this film. I am not sure if I am not dreaming of Winnipeg at the moment and not sleep-walking (typing).

24. RenaissancePete's rating of the film My Winnipeg