1. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

An audacious feature debut for Apichatpong. It's more fascinating in its concept than in its results, but it hypnotically establishes his trademarks: a dissolution of traditional cinematic narrative, a melding of the mundane with the impossible, and a democratic sense that, whoever the main character is, they are part of a universe that expands beyond the camera in all directions—even outside the material world.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

Interesting but already forgotten, I'm afraid.

3. lina maj's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

4. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

It's always interesting to see a great filmmaker's debut and Apichatpong Weerasethakul's shows a strong sense of atmosphere that he would go on to perfect.

5. DSPRKY's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

Another off-the-wall adventure from Joe. It's almost impossible to get a read on this guy, but it makes for compelling viewing.

6. Jason's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

Not strictly speaking an "experimental film." You would (strictly speaking) have no choice but to call it a "hybrid film." But doubt not, compadre: MYSTERIOUS OBJECT is the product of pure experiment. One imagines that Joe went out in search of something elusive and slightly immaterial. You discover as you go. This is essentially alchemy. Essentially essential alchemy, the film itself the titular object.

7. -REM-'s rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

8. Lewis Taylor's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

Scattered granules of a folk tale delicately, thoughtfully harvested by Apichatpong as he delves into the stories of his fellow countrymen. A new form of cultural transmission emerges between generations, marked by his budding somnolent, magical style.

9. Ark V's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

splendidly original weaving of fictumentary film

10. Levi Miah's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

This is enigmatically produced with some equally enigmatic content. Stylistically inventive and original, it seems to be a microcosmic representation of folktales and a document of the feelings of these people through storytelling thematics. More layers exist, like Apichatpong's influence on both the fictional and documentary narratives or the included behind-the-scenes-esque shots of himself. Proper meta stuff.

11. Nicolas Pierce's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

I've never seen a movie quite like this. There's something magical about Weerasethakul's films. He's a true original.

12. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

I love the idea of the "Exquisite Corpse" too. This film doesn't always hits the target it aims at (too many unnecessary longueurs) Fascinating concept nevertheless and at times I was transfixed as it worked a special kind of magic on me. Would love now to see his other films.

13. Superfrog's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

Interesting concept that, I feel, lack the consistent rythm and sufficient common thread to shine. I would love to see other similar attempts.

14. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

I really enjoyed this. Thai people doing what Thai people do, with a shared story bringing strange magic into the mix. Recommended.

15. bagno's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

16. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

This is a bit different from his following films, but still Joe's idiosyncrasy could be seen throughout. His films did not only portrait his own world, but also they depicted the spiritual culture of Thai people in their traditions or folk tales, which I - as a neighbor - can't find something more close and related

17. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

One of my all-time favorite films, an auspicious debut for a great artist.

19. astygianelysium's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

ethnografiction with the lightest touch. it wants you to dream and add to the folklore while you watch it

20. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

the more of Weerasethakul's films i view the more i recognise them as stages & stones on a single project - nobody is engaging with the very nature of storytelling like he is - storytelling as folk wisdom, as sense-making, as grass-root inheritance, as rope held tight thru a house-fire - fast becoming one of my favourite artists never-mind directors - the moment where the troupe enact the story through song kills me

21. Ellen Pan's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

22. celestenorth's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

Con un estilo narrativo tipo cadáver exquisito, esta historia morfa de acuerdo a quienes la cuentan. Aunque a momentos la narración pierde fuerza, sorprende con la diversidad de la manera de presentarse, la facilidad con la que pueden cambiar los personajes y el nivel de entusiasmo de los cuentistas.

23. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

24. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Mysterious Object at Noon

The first Apichatpong Weerasethakul feature that I didn't care for.