1. Tiba Hobus's rating of the film Naked Lunch

(out of memory) this man is best in special effects no doubt about it. in body horror he absolutely killed it and i miss the effort they put in in non digital effects in the effects they use today.

2. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Cronenberg finds thrilling pictures full of metaphors for Burroughs' cryptic novel. By the way Howard Shore's score contains some one of the best titles he has ever written for Cronenberg's films (like the restless main title).

3. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Naked Lunch

I think it's time to discuss your, uh, philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour...

4. Richard Tines's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Less an adaptation than an imp/expressionist response to the experience of reading Burroughs, this movie barely bothers to suss out its themes (besides some nods to addiction and metamorphosis)...the savage, scattershot, unflinching satire (still relevant,alas) of the book is glossed for a Cronenberg attempt at gross out, so, body horror AGAIN, but this time without much of the supplemental psychological terror.3.5*

5. colortear's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Four stars for how weird it is.

6. Adam GR's rating of the film Naked Lunch

"I hear Interzone's really nice this time of year." I don't know the source material, but I love this film. The mugwumps are great characters! Cronenberg's body-dysmorphia fetish gets to shake its little tailfeather here. I like the queerness in the story. I want an Arabic typewriter.

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Naked Lunch

I feel like this was false advertising. I was expecting naked ladies. Instead it's all weird. Love me some Peter Weller. I have watched some bad movies that had him. He seems enigmatic. Since you can't really film 'Naked Lunch', this is a pretty good substitute.

8. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film Naked Lunch

9. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Artículo ("Cuadernos de jazz"): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2008_09_08_archive.html

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Adaptation décevante et somme toute bien propre du grand Burroughs... www.cinefiches.com

11. Paulo Machado's rating of the film Naked Lunch

12. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Should this be called Naked Lunch when it only minimally covers the source material? Sloppy and not daring enough when compared with the book! Hilarious when white actors mumble through Arabic words as Peter Weller mumbles passages from the book. A filmmaker should recreate these passages and not just simply recite them! Final comment: Read The Book!

13. tri ...'s rating of the film Naked Lunch

14. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Rewatched and re-loved. Paranoid, creepy, purely chaotic and disturbing, just like a nightmare. But at the same time, timeless.

15. lupiter's rating of the film Naked Lunch

16. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Kronemberk kosa ciera in cuela scienegiatuura?

17. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Unique? Yes. Worth my time watching? NO. Style over substance, 100%.

18. Ethan's rating of the film Naked Lunch

I actually saw this film before I read the novel it is based off of and I'll be honest, I don't really understand what the hell is going on but it transcends me to another place and time.

19. Larissa's rating of the film Naked Lunch

It's worth it just because of the description you'll give when someone asks how it was.

20. qw0aszx's rating of the film Naked Lunch

The best example shows how should literature transform into visual.

21. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Truly a spot-on 'bio-pic' of Burroughs. Infusing the novel with Burroughs’ life itself is the real grab here. It should click around the time Hank and Martin pick up a bag of typewriter parts only to see drug paraphernalia in it that Cronenberg really means business. This is a brilliant adaptation from a filmmaker at the peak of his abilities, and with only a modicum of praise it is still considerably underrated.

22. Egoisms's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Doesn't live up to the source material, which is profoundly and hilariously risque. This is bland and boring.

23. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Naked Lunch

As weird and confusing as the book, maybe even more so.

24. smndvdcl's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Cronenberg's esoteric realisation of Burroughs' whirlwind of literary ideas, remains a morbidly curious treat for the subversive spectator. To label it Kafkaesque or allude to Lynch's latter-made 'Eraserhead' would be reductive. Admittedly, there may be parallels, but there is something singular about William's work.

← Previous 1 3 4 5