1. Jegsy's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Tame fare compared to the novel, but I guess the narrative required ... finding. Or maybe not. Entertaining meditation on psychosis, addiction, grief, sexuality, identity and creativity. Large daubs of self-loathing, misanthropy, and cultural imperialism. Mostly works.

2. McOpinionated's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Imaginative, I guess. Very clean and tidy set and wardrobe, considering the debauchery and squished beasties. The main character should look like a tramp, not a shop-window mannequin. Truly awful dialogue.

3. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Naked Lunch

4. Kcatta's rating of the film Naked Lunch

5. Inteleter's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Fuckin weird ass movie but in a good way. Cast is great, with Weller, Davis and Holm being the standouts. Was interested all the way thorugh. Will have to read the book sometime.

6. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Saw this last time over 20 years ago and didn't really get it then ... I mistakenly thought it was too straight to be Burroughs ... boy was I wrong. Cronenberg bending our brains again in all sorts of interesting ways! Great stuff and a great score from Howard Shore with Ornette Coleman.

7. Mimic Hootings's rating of the film Naked Lunch

A singular encounter between a highly individual director and an equally individual author. Not an adaptation, but a nightmarish vision inspired by Burroughs' life and writings.

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Don't ever ask me to tell you what is going on in every scene and how it all connects. I am not about to rewatch the film with the intention of taking down notes and creating venn diagrams. I just know that I love the experience of it, even during the more gross sequences, and that it is another Cronenberg work that feels like it couldn't have been made by anyone else.

9. 'king Harold's rating of the film Naked Lunch

I actually watched this while on acid and it all made perfect sense with nothing happening that was particularly odd.

10. Albert's rating of the film Naked Lunch

A superb slice of whatever the hell this is.

11. Tiba Hobus's rating of the film Naked Lunch

(out of memory) this man is best in special effects no doubt about it. in body horror he absolutely killed it and i miss the effort they put in in non digital effects in the effects they use today.

12. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Cronenberg finds thrilling pictures full of metaphors for Burroughs' cryptic novel. By the way Howard Shore's score contains some one of the best titles he has ever written for Cronenberg's films (like the restless main title).

13. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Naked Lunch

I think it's time to discuss your, uh, philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour...

14. aurkihnowe's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Less an adaptation than an imp/expressionist response to the experience of reading Burroughs, this movie barely bothers to suss out its themes (besides some nods to addiction and metamorphosis)...the savage, scattershot, unflinching satire (still relevant,alas) of the book is glossed for a Cronenberg attempt at gross out, so, body horror AGAIN, but this time without much of the supplemental psychological terror.3.5*

15. colortear's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Four stars for how weird it is.

16. Adam GR's rating of the film Naked Lunch

"I hear Interzone's really nice this time of year." I haven't read the source material, but I love this film. The mugwumps are great characters! Cronenberg's body-dysmorphia fetish gets to shake its little tailfeather here. I like the queerness in the story. I want an Arabic typewriter.

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Naked Lunch

I feel like this was false advertising. I was expecting naked ladies. Instead it's all weird. Love me some Peter Weller. I have watched some bad movies that had him. He seems enigmatic. Since you can't really film 'Naked Lunch', this is a pretty good substitute.

18. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film Naked Lunch

19. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Artículo ("Cuadernos de jazz"): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2008_09_08_archive.html

20. FISCHER's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Adaptation décevante et somme toute bien propre du grand Burroughs... www.cinefiches.com

21. Paulo Machado's rating of the film Naked Lunch

22. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Should this be called Naked Lunch when it only minimally covers the source material? Sloppy and not daring enough when compared with the book! Hilarious when white actors mumble through Arabic words as Peter Weller mumbles passages from the book. A filmmaker should recreate these passages and not just simply recite them! Final comment: Read The Book!

23. tri ...'s rating of the film Naked Lunch

24. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Rewatched and re-loved. Paranoid, creepy, purely chaotic and disturbing, just like a nightmare. But at the same time, timeless.