1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Naked Lunch

I feel like this was false advertising. I was expecting naked ladies. Instead it's all weird. Love me some Peter Weller. I have watched some bad movies that had him. He seems enigmatic. Since you can't really film 'Naked Lunch', this is a pretty good substitute.

2. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film Naked Lunch

3. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Artículo ("Cuadernos de jazz"): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2008_09_08_archive.html

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Adaptation décevante et somme toute bien propre du grand Burroughs... www.cinefiches.com

5. Paulo Machado's rating of the film Naked Lunch

6. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Should this be called Naked Lunch when it only minimally covers the source material? Sloppy and not daring enough when compared with the book! Hilarious when white actors mumble through Arabic words as Peter Weller mumbles passages from the book. A filmmaker should recreate these passages and not just simply recite them! Final comment: Read The Book!

7. tri ...'s rating of the film Naked Lunch

8. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Rewatched and re-loved. Paranoid, creepy, purely chaotic and disturbing, just like a nightmare. But at the same time, timeless.

9. lupiter's rating of the film Naked Lunch

10. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Kronemberk kosa ciera in cuela scienegiatuura?

11. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Unique? Yes. Worth my time watching? NO. Style over substance, 100%.

12. Ethan's rating of the film Naked Lunch

I actually saw this film before I read the novel it is based off of and I'll be honest, I don't really understand what the hell is going on but it transcends me to another place and time.

13. Larissa's rating of the film Naked Lunch

It's worth it just because of the description you'll give when someone asks how it was.

14. qw0aszx's rating of the film Naked Lunch

The best example shows how should literature transform into visual.

15. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Truly a spot-on 'bio-pic' of Burroughs. Infusing the novel with Burroughs’ life itself is the real grab here. It should click around the time Hank and Martin pick up a bag of typewriter parts only to see drug paraphernalia in it that Cronenberg really means business. This is a brilliant adaptation from a filmmaker at the peak of his abilities, and with only a modicum of praise it is still considerably underrated.

16. Egoisms's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Doesn't live up to the source material, which is profoundly and hilariously risque. This is bland and boring.

17. Jim Fear's rating of the film Naked Lunch

As weird and confusing as the book, maybe even more so.

18. smndvdcl's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Cronenberg's esoteric realisation of Burroughs' whirlwind of literary ideas, remains a morbidly curious treat for the subversive spectator. To label it Kafkaesque or allude to Lynch's latter-made 'Eraserhead' would be reductive. Admittedly, there may be parallels, but there is something singular about William's work.

19. José Neves's rating of the film Naked Lunch

More than a film about hallucinations, is a film that hallucinates, incorporating in its filmic matter the forms of unreality, that, by a magic trick- in a film that uses the studio like the two versions of "The Thief of Bagdad"- is transmuted into a hyperrealism of the senses. Writing is an act that follows the sacrifice and mingles with the loss, while shooting is the figurative fulfillment of this "petite morte".

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Naked Lunch

You ever wanted to see Peter Weller make a typewriter ejaculate? This is your chance.

21. Dylan Vernall's rating of the film Naked Lunch

22. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Naked Lunch

23. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Naked Lunch

Doesn't quite deliver the Kafka high one might hope for-- too many effects. But Cronenberg avoids the obvious mistake-- he's not trapped by misplaced subservience to the source material.

24. SpacePirate's rating of the film Naked Lunch

A really creepy movie at times, not a huge fan of the book, but the movie is quite effective regardless.

← Previous 1 3 4 5