1. Eriugena82's rating of the film Naked

Hopelessly bleak and relentlessly depressing, but absolutely fantastic. It is a black comedy, so despite the bleakness there are some funny scenes. Thewlis is great as Johnny, an over-educated and disenchanted man lost in modern society. Worryingly relatable!

2. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Naked

3. 丹尼斯's rating of the film Naked

4. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Naked

5. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film Naked

"I've got an infinite number of places to go, the problem is where to stay." Holy shit, David Thewliss. "Do you ever get the feeling you're being followed?" A barrage of dark, some funny, some not-funny, some poetic, uncompromising dialogue. This absolutely knocked my socks off. And other clichés.

6. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Naked

7. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Naked

e forse sono stato anche un po' stretto

8. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Naked

A pitch-black tragicomedy of borderline revolting proportions. Loved it.

9. dionysus67's rating of the film Naked

Ingeniously caustic dissection of social dislocation and ruptured relationships in post-Thatherite Britain. Eschatological narratives bitterly intensify the realization that "there is no society, but only individuals". Yet the demise of the social is tantamout to the end of the individual, transformed by Thewlis' herculean performance into a naked Spencerian skeletal figure -not far from Archie's primeval grunt.

10. aurkihnowe's rating of the film Naked

A passive-aggressive nihilist's Odyssey through wasted, decadent modern London, this guy pretty much screws over everyone he meets (not to mention the actions of some of the side characters)...one can sense a ruined romantic in the main character, the kind of people who become more bitter and pessimistic as their lives "wear" on...Thewlis gives an award deserving performance, but beware, the film's smeared in grit...

11. tri ...'s rating of the film Naked

12. Oscar Bedell's rating of the film Naked

Free roaming these loopholes and gateways we buy one-way tickets to. Sometimes we formally miss the loopholes, like this guy, by staying devoted to what we may call our basic principles, that we either sell to get a ticket or stick to and see happens. This film could of been unbearable but is saved by an insane caricature in accordance to 'simian' beings in a nonsensical system of its own cherished basic principles.

13. Starshine's rating of the film Naked

4 stars only for Thewlis' performance.

14. JCPJD's rating of the film Naked

David Thewlis is remarkable as Jonny and makes the film memorable. As for the film Thewlis is in, well, that doesn't hold up so well. It's an early Leigh piece with the working methods he'd later master - but in naked it's all unformed and the film doesn't quite work. Still, interesting to see how far Leigh has come with this style. But those Thewlis monologues are awesome.

15. Tiago Pinho's rating of the film Naked

"That's the trouble with everybody - you're all so bored. (..) So now you want cheap thrills and like plenty of them, and it don't matter how tawdry or vacuous they are as long as it's new, as long as it's new, as long as it flashes and fuckin' bleeps in forty fuckin' different colors. So whatever else you can say about me, I'm not fuckin' bored."

16. ceknklsn's rating of the film Naked

88/100 (İkinci kez daha dikkatli izlemek istedim ve bir kez daha çok sevdim bu filmi. Her şeyiyle hissettiren bir eser çıkarmış Mike Leigh. Bu sefer özellikle dikkatimi çeken sahneler filmin sonunda müzikle birlikte baş karakterimizin ritimli sekmesi ve filmin başlarında eski sevgilisiyle sıkılma üzerine yaptığı konuşmaydı. Gerçekten zevkten dört köşe eden sahnelerde yerini aldı bu kısımlar...)

17. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Naked

18. gld48's rating of the film Naked

good lord this was bleak. incredible though.

19. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Naked

The only Mike Leigh film that contains enough fire in relation to the mundane inevitability of work-life's constructs and cruelty. I always knew David Thewlis had a role like this in him.

20. Inês's rating of the film Naked

kinda pretentious sometimes

21. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Naked

22. redux's rating of the film Naked

It's a comedy. One that wears its stilted mannerisms on its sleeve, connecting to a world of classic literature and theatre, and indeed, puppetry. (Puppet-Heathcliff and Cathy, anyone?) It's Leigh's own way to mock the formalism of British society, but also to retain a pinch of humanity in the bleakest of setups. Except his puppets here are even lonelier than ususal.

23. FISCHER's rating of the film Naked

Mike Leigh jette une fois de plus son regard grinçant et pourtant plein de sympathie sur les laissés-pour-compte et autres marginaux de la société britannique contemporaine. Avec un étonnant brio remarquable... www.cinefiches.com

24. Walker's rating of the film Naked

Leigh's stunning nihilistic portrait of self-destruction during the Thatcher years is unparalleled in its dark clarity of vision. The performances are some of the best I've seen and the film feels completely raw, honest, and real. ~ Gritty and fucking beautiful ~