1. kiras's rating of the film Nana

there are way too many dead things in this movie

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Nana

The story, acting, cinematography is very strong yet it lacks something that I can't name. At the same time, it was ravishing to watch the little actress doing her own chores, playing alone, reading alone and talking to herself. These scenes were great and intimate.

3. ysbil's rating of the film Nana

Vivid scenes of the French rural life : good mise-en-scène, beautiful compositions and lighting, working situations mixed with intimate moments. Extraordinary performance (or directing) of the little girl. Particularly impressed by the repetition of similar scenes, similar experiences, which guide the little girl to cope with life.

4. Michal's rating of the film Nana

Beautiful stationery shots and great Nana's acting. Unfortunately I don't get what it's all about.

5. naokoken's rating of the film Nana

What a big f**king mess... I'm sick of your bulls**t. Potato rotten gravy. There's a bumblebee. a man and his dog were "murtrered". Odd short film. The rabbit scene made me think of Jan Švankmajer's Něco z Alenky (Alice).

6. Brian Gutierrez's rating of the film Nana

The patient static camera allowed fro so much observation while rarely getting higher off the ground that Nana stands. We observe while Nana experiences but we observe like a friend of the same height.

7. greyladycine's rating of the film Nana

Why do I always wait until the last day to watch these movies? I waited patiently during the closing credits for more. I wanted more. That curious part of me, the part that will never be satisfied wanted more.

8. Padiddle's rating of the film Nana

Decent, minimal, a little disjointed but at times beautiful. I will say that I'm always skeptical of films that have to be carried by a child-actor. In this respect Nana succeeds immensely. Massadian did a fantastic job at directing the little-lead which is a worthy achievement, especially of an actor this young.

9. Paul Cozighian's rating of the film Nana

10. David R Williams's rating of the film Nana

A strangely beautiful disquieting hypnotic dream of a film. Throughout a growing sense of pervading dread. There's an entire world that exists before and after this fragment. I want to know more about that world and yet...I feel it is better if I never do.

11. mpho3's rating of the film Nana

"Massadian, who worked with the child for almost two years, has coaxed a performance of remarkable lucidity. Through the stillness of her camera and the flexibility of her vision, she transforms a skeletal tale into a rich portrait of innocence poised on the very brink of awareness." - Jeanette Catsoulis, NY Times

12. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Nana

A movie I'd like to like more than I actually did. Beautiful cinematography, good acting, thematically interesting (by which I mean the juxtaposition of the child and the baby animals, and in general the relationship between humans and animals). Lots of good things, yet the whole point seems vague, and thus even at its short length it starts to feel like the cinematic equivalent of doodling.

13. Renton47's rating of the film Nana

Massadian lures us in with a static frame that alludes to the tranquility of this monastic lifestyle, though the distress of the pig slaughter begins to suggest otherwise. For Nana the rural setting is suggestive of such idyll but it's at ends with the furious pace which her mother moves through the frame, a figure of discontent. From that we build our own narratives, and I wrongly suspected a metaphysical fable.

14. muse_x's rating of the film Nana

What a fucking mess What a fabulous film

15. caitlin.f's rating of the film Nana

i liked the concept & this was cute but a bit long & tedious.

16. Carmen Munteanu's rating of the film Nana

Simply beautiful. Even if it starts in such innocent joy and finishes under the burden of such sadness. Still think I've missed something on the way, I'll see it again with my daughter. Powerful lesson on surviving loss and grief, and the little girl's performance - astonishing.

17. erozas's rating of the film Nana

Films like this aim to put you in a mind set, in a state. Very clever way of exploring human nature. A door to new feelings.

18. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Nana

This film begins with a vivacity that draws you in. I hunted to find meaning in each moment of the first half of the film, ecstatic with the aloofness that the director presents to us. As the film progresses and becomes more concerned with the progression of plot, it stumbles and runs out of energy. A certain miss, despite some great efforts and and good eye by Valerie Massadian.

19. Emanuele Tartaglia's rating of the film Nana

20. laurax's rating of the film Nana

4.5 actually. Beautifully filmed with a stationary camera. The story unfolds slowly and with a mysterious element running through it. Interesting POV from Nana.

21. Morgan Ellerbrake's rating of the film Nana

Very foreign... many questions left unanswered. It's almost better not to ask at all, becoming (for me) essential to the appreciation of this film. Or perhaps asking without expecting an answer. Beautifully portrays life in its most beautiful, most peaceful, most tragic, and rawest of ways in a short 68 minutes. This child actress is a really special person, which becomes apparent. Good film for a change of pace.

22. Christian's rating of the film Nana

voyeuristic shots of raw country living. why small children in stoic environments end up very capable.

23. sara's rating of the film Nana

24. jtuohy@mac.com's rating of the film Nana

NANA worked for me even though I had to back it up twice to see if I had missed something. I hasn't. Throughout the film I was reminded of another film called PONETTE (1997) by Jacques Dillon. "Ponette" is another 4 year old girl who loses her mother in a car accident. The films are very much alike.