1. miles's rating of the film Nashville

Wasn't blown away, but definitely need to re watch it.

2. Aida's rating of the film Nashville

All of it left me feeling cold.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Nashville

L'un des sommets de la carrière de Robert Altman, "Nashville" fourmille de trouvailles scénaristiques et visuelles. A travers le monde de la musique, c'est tout l'univers américain qui est exploré avec un esprit pointu, acerbe, irrévérencieux... www.cinefiches.com

4. Mert Kaya's rating of the film Nashville

characters are all awesome but movie style is too weird and movie is too long. 3.75

5. Z's rating of the film Nashville

"The price of bread may worry some, it don’t worry me. Tax relief may never come, it don’t worry me. Economy’s depressed not me, my spirit’s high as they can be and you may say that I ain’t free, but it don’t worry me."-Barbara Harris

6. gld48's rating of the film Nashville

Lily Tomlin is great. But did not enjoy.

7. Joseph Carthey's rating of the film Nashville

"Nashville" is my second Altman film, after seeing the beautiful and ethereal "3 Women" several times. There's so much to see here that watching doesn't feel like three hours. Like listening to a country music compilation, though, it's so hit-and-miss. Why does the director sing around his subject and never commit to what his sociopolitical intentions are? Less talk and more action. Oh, and more Lily Tomlin.

8. josh scam's rating of the film Nashville

a chorus of a hundred voices, all of them singing about freedom, all in different keys

9. mubianer's rating of the film Nashville

To be honest (and why wouldn't I be honest?) Nashville would probably get three stars if it wasn't for the music. Some fun scenes, but I get the feeling Altman doesn't like the characters a lot. But with the music and all...in the end it's enjoyable, but not Altman's masterpiece.

10. ammar's rating of the film Nashville

11. Alex Ander 0's rating of the film Nashville

My favourite character in this film is the woman who roams the junk yards, interrogating the dead automobiles, the dormant machines - DO THE CHILDREN HAVE YELLOW NIGHTMARES??

12. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Nashville

13. Droog811's rating of the film Nashville

Probably my third favorite Altman film after The Long Goodbye and 3 Women. Great ensemble cast and interesting characters within an interesting intersecting storyline. Excellent snapshot of the 70s too.

14. Cinemaficionado's rating of the film Nashville

The greatest exploration of America and the human condition. Altman does in 3 hours what most filmmakers can't do in a lifetime. Goddamn, it's good.

15. James Mackin's rating of the film Nashville

America, and Jeff Goldblum's goddamn motortricycle.

16. Joey Wright's rating of the film Nashville

From the cheese soundtrack advert to the Barbara Jean melt down to the heart-wrenching 'I'm Easy', could be the biggest case of "WHY AM I JUST NOW SEEING THIS MOVIE" I've experienced.

17. its katie's rating of the film Nashville

18. When the Sun Dies's rating of the film Nashville

I love Altman but this movie felt very tedious and didn't find myself enjoying it as much as his other works.

19. Ethan's rating of the film Nashville

Although I consider The Long Goodbye to be Altman's greatest film, Nashville runs a close second. This is not only a time capsule of 1970s America but it is also the greatest ensemble film ever made. Altman worked best with a lot of people and the ending is one of the most powerful ever committed to film.

20. Polyglot's rating of the film Nashville

I don't know what's going on.

21. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Nashville

Haven't seen this in years, but I remember it fondly. Geraldine Chaplin wanders in the margins, never seeing what is there to be seen.

22. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Nashville

23. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Nashville

Almost three hours of dreadful people and performances. I have earache now.

24. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Nashville

I don’t even like country music, but something about this film, which is very much steeped in country and the surrounding culture, had me almost immediately and kept me transfixed and awe inspired right up until the final, beautiful, climactic performance. This is one of those movies you see where you don’t necessarily know why it had such a big impact on you, but you immediately recognize as a masterpiece.

← Previous 1 3 4 5