1. Dalibor's rating of the film Nashville

Genre chameleon. Occasionally musical behind-the-scene drama, either a subtle farce or non-stop satire, but above all a deeply personal epic about Mid-West, both nostalgic and engaging. I experienced it as sequences of lucid dreams, blending childhood reminiscences with adult cynicism. Fine tuned to the point of exhaustion, "Nashville" is both hard to keep up with and to look away from.

2. Traum Baum's rating of the film Nashville

3. bartkl's rating of the film Nashville

This is exactly what you want from ALTMAN: grandly hectical, satirical with the typical goofy touch, pointless in many ways, secretly political and above all incredibly cosy and loveable. This lengthy film entertains naturally, slowly, like a great piece of ambient music which captivates you without trying too hard. I consider this a masterpiece, where ALTMAN's style truly blossoms without compromise or weak spots.

4. Mr. Gumby's rating of the film Nashville

Nashville is one of those special cinema experiences that, first of all, really deserves the greatest screen of them all to be full appreciated, and also, that takes the viewer to such an amazingly odd world of characters. I was following the movie and being constantly surprised by it, and in the end, and until now, many hours after the screening, I keep thinking on it at new levels and remembering some new...

5. sissy69's rating of the film Nashville

6. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Nashville

"Must've been doin somthin right for these 400 years". Altman knew they always knew what was goin on above our heads the whole time.

7. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Nashville

The most un-musical musical. Represents the rising anxiety and conflict of the 70s up to its cumulative conclusion. Undoubtedly an essential in American cinema.

8. miles's rating of the film Nashville

Wasn't blown away, but definitely need to re watch it.

9. Aida's rating of the film Nashville

All of it left me feeling cold.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Nashville

L'un des sommets de la carrière de Robert Altman, "Nashville" fourmille de trouvailles scénaristiques et visuelles. A travers le monde de la musique, c'est tout l'univers américain qui est exploré avec un esprit pointu, acerbe, irrévérencieux... www.cinefiches.com

11. Mert Kaya's rating of the film Nashville

characters are all awesome but movie style is too weird and movie is too long. 3.75

12. Z's rating of the film Nashville

"The price of bread may worry some, it don’t worry me. Tax relief may never come, it don’t worry me. Economy’s depressed, not me, my spirit’s high as it can be and you may say that I ain’t free, but it don’t worry me."-Barbara Harris

13. josh scam's rating of the film Nashville

a chorus of a hundred voices, all of them singing about freedom, all in different keys

14. mubianer's rating of the film Nashville

To be honest (and why wouldn't I be honest?) Nashville would probably get three stars if it wasn't for the music. Some fun scenes, but I get the feeling Altman doesn't like the characters a lot. But with the music and all...in the end it's enjoyable, but not Altman's masterpiece.

15. ammar's rating of the film Nashville

16. Alex Ander 0's rating of the film Nashville

My favourite character in this film is the woman who roams the junk yards, interrogating the dead automobiles, the dormant machines - DO THE CHILDREN HAVE YELLOW NIGHTMARES??

17. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Nashville

18. Droog811's rating of the film Nashville

Probably my third favorite Altman film after The Long Goodbye and 3 Women. Great ensemble cast and interesting characters within an interesting intersecting storyline. Excellent snapshot of the 70s too.

19. Cinemaficionado's rating of the film Nashville

The greatest exploration of America and the human condition. Altman does in 3 hours what most filmmakers can't do in a lifetime. Goddamn, it's good.

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Nashville

America, and Jeff Goldblum's goddamn motortricycle.

21. Joey Wright's rating of the film Nashville

From the cheese soundtrack advert to the Barbara Jean melt down to the heart-wrenching 'I'm Easy', could be the biggest case of "WHY AM I JUST NOW SEEING THIS MOVIE" I've experienced.

22. its katie's rating of the film Nashville

23. When the Sun Dies's rating of the film Nashville

I love Altman but this movie felt very tedious and didn't find myself enjoying it as much as his other works.

24. Ethan's rating of the film Nashville

Although I consider The Long Goodbye to be Altman's greatest film, Nashville runs a close second. This is not only a time capsule of 1970s America but it is also the greatest ensemble film ever made. Altman worked best with a lot of people and the ending is one of the most powerful ever committed to film.