1. Matt Kovar's rating of the film Ne change rien

One of my favorite musical docs, especially their cover of 'Johnny Guitar.'

2. naokoken's rating of the film Ne change rien

Interesting to see all the various rehearsals and discussions around how to make subtle changes. Some nice compositions of people, room, shadows and light.

3. Zac Weber's rating of the film Ne change rien

A midnight dream that illustrates the rare points of inspiration in the creative process. The musicians channel everything from Erik Satie to the German band Can, and it's all rather hypnotic when you throw in Jeanne Balibar's smoky voice. Pedro Costa's incredible use of empty space adds a sense of mystery to the underlit black and white photography.

4. Ben Elias's rating of the film Ne change rien

A film that meditates on the creative process and technique of an uninspiring and frankly off-key singer... Trop mal.

5. Kristina Tamelytė's rating of the film Ne change rien

6. David R Williams's rating of the film Ne change rien

I loved this movie. An intimate look at the creative process photographed in exquisite black and white as if each shot were a frame extracted from the starkest of film noirs. Much of the music reminded me of Portishead or Sneaker Pimps or Stereolab with a deep jazz vibe and a touch of David Lynch reverb.

7. Feng Ling's rating of the film Ne change rien

a pleasant behind the curtain look. Rose is in love.

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Ne change rien

I kept thinking of Brigitte Fontaine, who brought so much more excitement to similar material.

9. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film Ne change rien

Each studied, static scene is setup with beautiful lighting, music, and cinematography. Great movie to fall asleep with after a long day.

10. Sydney Burdick's rating of the film Ne change rien

The concept of this kind of documentary style is really quite fascinating and unique.

11. Eric anderson's rating of the film Ne change rien

Watching a starkly lit studio session where a group of extraordinarily mellow musicians that I don't know are trying to work out a song I don't know with no other information just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'd get something if I were a musician myself, but then I'd probably find the lighting too distracting.

12. Brendan's rating of the film Ne change rien

Pedro Costa's compositions are unmatched in contemporary cinema

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Ne change rien

Lo interesante de "Ne change rien" tiene que ver con ese cuadro disciplinado que se representa, en este caso, el de una cantante acompasando, exigiéndose y renovando una y otra vez sus lecciones. En paralelo, la cámara que registra entre la lumbre, la penunbra, los espacios cambiantes en donde se va mudando la multifacética voz. Lo que desencaja, esa forzada relación entre la dirección de canto y cine.

14. Black Irish's rating of the film Ne change rien

I can't wait to see this, if it's half as good as the original short.

15. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Ne change rien

this is pathetic. she can't sing. she catches the rhythm so slowly, that she bores her partners. she does not write her songs and the best she can do is speak, not sing them. what the hell is she doing in music? a movie star discovers a "second vocation" and the rest of the world must cope with that.

16. Zachary Phillip Brailsford's rating of the film Ne change rien

I don't ever want this movie out of mind. Costa continues to astonish with this expressionistic document of an artist and her craft. The film is an astonishing piece of work; would that I might one day make something half as fascinating and rich as this. Savvy

17. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Ne change rien

Evocative and atmospheric doc about the enigmatic French chanteuse, Jeanne Balibar. Not so much a typical documentary as it is a living portrait, the film simply observes her creative process as she works on a new album. Shot in striking black and white, NE CHANGE RIEN is a haunting, soulful look at the birth of a work of art.

18. Mugino's rating of the film Ne change rien

A film without narrative or explanation. A dreamy soundscape of music taking shape. A gorgeously filmed meditation on artist vs. performance. A film for anyone who has ever made time to listen to music with their eyes closed.