1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Neon Bull

2. hemachandra's rating of the film Neon Bull

'Neon Bull' is a film with that defies description. It's simple yet complex, contemplative yet reductive, raw yet tender. It took me to places and showed me the lives of some people and showed me things I have never seen before. Apart from the greatly shot imagery sticks that with you, I really liked the banal yet poetic lifestyle of the bull handler, Iremar who dreams of tailoring fashionable clothes for women.

3. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Neon Bull

I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed such a plotless film devoid of any conflict. At the same time as it is a borderline fetishist view of northeast Brazil it also presents us to an amazingly lived in universe where the actors (some of which are fancy soap opera stars) lose themselves completely in their roles. And while it is nothing new and it gives itself to some major arthouse clichés, it does them the right way.

4. Lapalu's rating of the film Neon Bull

I love everything, the simple plot, the questions, the pace, the cinematography.

5. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Neon Bull

A cinematic flinching contest, it might be worth the effort to watch, but it features many scenes not for the faint of heart. And I mean that in a multitude of ways.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Neon Bull

7. Nicole Cahali's rating of the film Neon Bull

8. $ROBINROSA$'s rating of the film Neon Bull

Playing with social norms. Nice interludes. visually entertaining. Resourceful ethics,

9. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Neon Bull

It's a contemplative and sensual movie about fluorescent bulls, horse dicks and animal version of "Toddlers & Tiaras". It's a visual metaphor between man and animal, that sadly lacks a solid plot to support it.

10. -REM-'s rating of the film Neon Bull

11. Material Salva+ion's rating of the film Neon Bull

Neon Bull is one of the most exciting films in recent years! With a simple plot, it finds its strength in observing the characters lives, their contradictions, unexpected aspirations and ordinary rituals sublimated and wrapped in surreal contours...Wild, tender, gender bending and strangely titillating, the greatness of the film lies in its inherent poetic symbolism - Man vs Beast, destiny vs desire. Sublime!

12. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film Neon Bull

13. bagno's rating of the film Neon Bull

this isn't contemplative cinema

14. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Neon Bull

Mascaro's sophomore feature delivers a simplistic message through a beautifully shot film and a unique story line that pulls you in from the first image--the message being that man and beast have a much stronger connection than we realize. Its imagery sticks with you; and the banal, yet poetic lifestyle of protagonist Iremar resonates with anyone who has higher aspirations in his or her own life.

15. d4rk3d's rating of the film Neon Bull

16. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Neon Bull

17. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Neon Bull

To me, this is as sexy as dull. Neon Bull builds an atmosphere of opposites: the rodeo worker that longs to be a fashion designer, the tough woman handling all the tools, the hair-caring stud: but what does it really say? In a film where its aesthetics screams louder than the will to tell stories, what are we really watching? Mascaro screens bodies with dionysian lust, but these bodies lack storytelling - or soul.

18. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Neon Bull

19. Alex's rating of the film Neon Bull

20. Tigrão's rating of the film Neon Bull

Sensual, gritty and touching, Mascaro presents this family story with subtlety and assurance.

21. El Biffo's rating of the film Neon Bull

4.5 stars for this beautifully photographed, steamy Brazilian cowboy picture.

22. Polyglot's rating of the film Neon Bull

I use to work on a horse farm and I never flirted with a perfume girl. I need to move to Brazil. :p

23. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Neon Bull

so very tender journey of the body and its ways of dreaming

24. Caio Maia's rating of the film Neon Bull

In the northeast Brazil, Mascaro gives to us unexpected and conflicting kinds of characters, identities and relationship, showing that there, like a mixed product, can be raised, by the erotic and imaginative forces that typically surround that place, the most unlikely fresh beauty.