1. theweirdestport's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

the most beautiful thing i've ever seen in my life so far

2. That Geek With The Clip-Ons's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

Pretentious nonsense filled with meaningless symbolism (even the director said most of the imagery was in there because he thought it looked cool) and crappy characters. The animation is nice sure (which is why I give it 2 stars), but that's not gonna save this giant mess.

3. John Matrix's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

A beautiful mess. Anno grabs his fanboy audience by the shoulders and yells "Wake up!" EVANGELION contains one of the best fights scenes in anime, artsy-fartsy live-action sequences, truly terrifying apocalyptic imagery, odd musical choices, and pregnant religious symbolism. It's depressing, frustrating, and very ambitious. If you haven't seen the original TV show, you're not going to have a good time.

4. bearpurses's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

5. elizabeth l・'s rating of the film The End of Evangelion

“Ah now there you mistake me. Shame I do feel. And I know there is something all wrong about me -- believe me. Sometimes I shock myself. But there is a reason: you. You never let up this one same pressure of hatred on my life: I am the shape you made me. Filth teaches filth.”

6. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

7. henr.que's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

rewatched it today, will never not cry

8. MistaRichard's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

9. BernardoL's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

Apesar de apreciar a visão artística dos dois últimos episódios de Neon Genesis Evangelion, em The End of Evangelion Hideaki Anno apresenta de facto um excelente final alternativo para esta saga. A ação é fantástica e a animação é impressionante (e muito experimental) mas o que continua a sobressair são sem dúvida as temáticas relacionadas com a psicologia da mente humana, o conceito de self e natureza da existência.

10. warm's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

a personal favorite. throughout this film, we see the flaws of the characters of evangelion exposed, analyzed, and in the case of the children, bettered. in one scene, shinji confronts his proneness to reduce people to what he wants them to be as asuka challenges her tendency to hide her true self behind a pleasure-seeking facade. still, the film insists everyone can improve. though deeply hurt, everyone can recover.

11. Ignoto's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

12. リズキー's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

13. I0000days's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

better than Dr. Strangelove

14. Jim Fear's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

15. Niko's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

One of the most popular and must watch anime series of all time!

16. ionosonde's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

the greatest gift that could ever be given after the completion of the 26-episode series. not only is it visually spectacular, but content-wise it manages to be some of the most jarring and painful stuff in the entire series. the characters are all so frustrating, and that's the point. watching them reach resolution is cathartic and reflective. the ending is so subtle but when it really sinks in, it makes me cry

17. Nathan Hopkins's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

Visual metaphor, surreal animation, horror and psychological turmoil end the already deeply polarizing Evangelion television series. While certainly among the most influential anime films of all time, the depth of Evangelion's commentary about the nature of society and loneliness is only too true today.

18. mlstrx's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

4 stars is a preliminary rating, cause i honestly dunno what to think of this

19. dyinguniverse's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

20. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

21. EvelynNoche's rating of the film The End of Evangelion

The best political movie ever made and the best animation of all time. Society is crooked and nurtures people to take on detachment in mental health. This film is psychosociology.

22. Jorge Morello's rating of the film The End of Evangelion