1. xavierpeypoch's rating of the film Network

A rare film that was originally a great comedy, until we stopped laughing, because it all came true. Very interesting to watch in this Trump era.

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film Network

This the second time I watched this movie. In the first viewing, I think NETWORK is a satire to television program & its world. Faye Dunaway, William Holden, Peter Finch, & Robert Duvall did a terrific job in this movie. Together they could showed us the ugly side of television. Then came the second viewing and it more frightened me. Because everything that happened in NETWORK came true. It's some sort of premonition

3. pluviosity's rating of the film Network

The cinematography is just amazing, and the lack of any humane reaction in any situation is probably the most chilling of all. It's amazing how this story about 'tube' turned out to be still matter even 40+ years later.

4. shonenknifeplay's rating of the film Network

I'm a human being, goddamnit! My life has value!

5. Egoisms's rating of the film Network

The apotheosis of the soap opera.

6. JCPJD's rating of the film Network

I came to the film with a lot of expectations, so was bound to be disappointed. It's probably better than my first impressions and deserving of another look. I was not taken by the performances and felt nothing for the characters; nor did I find the satire all that clever.

7. petit astronaute's rating of the film Network

8. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Network

A deeply disturbing prediction of what is happening behind the scenes at TV stations today. It could be seen as a black satire, but feels more like a real-life drama now. It is full of great dialogue and memorable quotes with some strong acting especially from the men and Beatrice Straight has a fantastic scene. Faye Dunaway is a little overrated here though but gorgeous as always.

9. James Mackin's rating of the film Network

In all honesty, this is one of the best movies I've ever seen.

10. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Network

The acting, the screenplay, and especially the monologues. This is an important movie for me and my life. It articulates something about the experience of being human in the modern age..something deep in the pit of my stomach, maybe our collective stomach, that is both so easy and so hard to put into language. Well, at least for me. It knows something of at least my experience, my stomach.

11. Nachtreich's rating of the film Network

☆☆ e mezzo, ma manco più di tanto.

12. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Network

“Network” presents a dystopia that wasn’t very far from reality in 1976, neither is it far from reality in 2017. You can add Internet to “Network’s” TV, otherwise the movie’s message is as accurate today as it was back then: the news (and serious search for knowledge) are always in danger of being corrupted by corporate greed and people’s lust for entertainment (and by ruthless governments shouting ‘fake news’).

13. sadie's rating of the film Network

14. ceknklsn's rating of the film Network

74/100 (4 yıldızı hak ediyor ama hiç istemeyerek verdim. Çünkü puanların biraz fazla olduğunu düşünüyorum. Filmdeki tv eleştirisi, reyting uğruna yapılanlar ve araya serpiştirilmiş gibi dursa da bence her şeyden iyi olan yaşlı bir adamın aşk hikayesi başarılıydı. Tiyatroya yakın ve diyalogların çok kaliteli olduğu bir filmdi ancak bir çok sıkıntıya sahip maalesef...)

15. Bruno's rating of the film Network

Howard Beale é tratado como um visionário - os árabes estão tomando conta disto, profecia ele

16. jewelsofglory's rating of the film Network

Fantastic film, a must see.

17. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Network

The ills of the corporatisation of not only broadcast news, but the world at large in this scabrous attack on commutable integrity, exploitation and contempt. It's ugly stuff but brilliantly played with crackle and fizz and staged by a Director who knew how to read a script. Perhaps the closet Hollywood has yet come to opera, albeit ranted from a soapbox. Sad to say it's not prescient, just nothing changes.

18. kinotopia's rating of the film Network

some self-aware, timeless moments but overall a didactic and grossly inaccurate portrayal of the formulaic and conservative world that is news programming. strong start is compromised by degenerative, escapist subplots and outbursts of terrible overacting. ending could not have been lazier.

19. Blue Roses's rating of the film Network

20. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Network

Rewatched and re-loved. I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE.

21. Mcpeer's rating of the film Network

This is what a masterpiece looks, sounds, and feels like. Network speaks more today than it did in 1976 and is even funnier given our political reality. Working off Paddy Chayefsky's incredible script, utilizing some of the greatest actors of all time, and in the hands of Sidney Lument, Network is a slam dunk. The satire works so well because the film is so grounded - there is no score, just bleak human reality.

22. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Network

Alienation, control of the media, ratings, Orwell..... better formula?!

23. MistaRichard's rating of the film Network

Very few movies (or even none) are as amazingly well written as this one.

24. Chase Vault's rating of the film Network

the means of communication changed, the rest stayed the same. this movie is still relevant