1. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film New Jerusalem

Will Oldham and Colm O'Leary (who also co-wrote the film with director Rick Alverson) work well together in this tale of a dedicated evangelical Christian who sets out to save the soul of a colleague who is still struggling to move on after years spent in military service.

2. Dean Simons's rating of the film New Jerusalem

Sluggish near non-existent plot with characters that are asymmetrically fleshed out in 90 minutes

3. Superfrog's rating of the film New Jerusalem

Did not make me want to be really interested. Might be more relevant as an analysis of American division in society.

4. mis marg's rating of the film New Jerusalem

5. Honey Jojo's rating of the film New Jerusalem

Even though I like my films slow and uncomplicated, I don't think anything actually happens in #NewJerusalem. The characterisation of two middle-aged male mechanics, one with depression and the other a Christian, is not the most obvious for commercial success. However, it fitted with my interests and I enjoyed it.

6. Brenda Jobling's rating of the film New Jerusalem

Bren Memorable performances; for me, a great film all round.

7. Omnibus1's rating of the film New Jerusalem

I knew Rick Alverson from his musical projects, 'Drunk' and 'Spokane' and this film retains the mood. Plenty of stillness and barely suppressed emotions. I liked it.

8. captainfez's rating of the film New Jerusalem

Dirty fingernails, mumbling and Jesus: the movie.

9. Juan Javier's rating of the film New Jerusalem

Un par de retratos algo secos

10. jezebel's rating of the film New Jerusalem

I liked the pace and the consideration that the characterisation lent to the piece. I had plenty time to weigh up polarities. At first I thought that the positioning of Religion "v" reason a but too unsubtle but actually, that was the point both are trying to crack a walnut with sledgehammer. Understated throughout and never over anxious. My appetite is whetted for more.

11. Mxs's rating of the film New Jerusalem

Average film. The perfomances and the directing are good, but there is not much to it. It was interesting to see Will Oldham acting.

12. Natty's rating of the film New Jerusalem

excellent. pray for puss

13. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film New Jerusalem

"Instead of getting to something, he's trying to get away from something." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2016/01/episode-86-rick-alverson-arrives-2010.html

14. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film New Jerusalem

After The Builder, more self-indulgent waltwhitmanesque ramblings from the depressed Irishman who stares blankly and goes around in circles. Rick Alverson's later films (The Comedy, Entertainment) are also variations of the lone-directionless-exhausted-man-going-around-in-circles trope, but more cinematic - read, less pretentiously "realistic" and more oneiric.

15. Noah Lethbridge's rating of the film New Jerusalem

Beautiful movie. Will Oldham is fantastic.

16. Marcus WP's rating of the film New Jerusalem

17. Peter Rinaldi's rating of the film New Jerusalem

A beautiful film, thoughtfully made. No heavy hands in sight. Worthy of more attention.