1. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film New World

Oh man, this is a complete failure. Maybe one good photo and that's it. Sometimes felt like watching one of those bad high school movie projects.

2. Vassilis Tsitsopoulos's rating of the film New World

I accidentally favorited this! Yikes! This is facile, materialistic, feel-good junk.

3. Xiaolu's rating of the film New World

A openly misogynistic film with a cheesy romance and shallow notions of wealth and poverty. Everything in the film is attached with strong stereotypes(ie. homeless guy with communist signs) . It fails horribly at challenging what's at stake with the 2nd Rich culture in China. Another annoying Chinese film with a flat happy ending - woman can only depend on money and her boyfriend's attention to have true happiness.

4. Raul Cavazos-Binder's rating of the film New World

New World concentrates more on visuals than plot development, creating a picture of a city in the midst of modern decay. There are interesting plot elements at work; an ailing Japan and a rising China, and two cultures in the midst of huge a transition and identity crises. Unfortunately the plot is plagued by an unfocused/meandering approach, poor performances, and lethargic pacing.

5. Kevin's rating of the film New World

I remember twenty some years ago meeting the director of Tampopo, another Japanese movie with acting easily criticized by western audiences yet with a wistful and whimsical ambience that makes it an instant classic, as long a we realize it is not American, who would have thought the Chinese would be called selfish as they are in this film. It is delightful.

6. skidoc03's rating of the film New World

God awful. Where to start..editing: bad; acting: terrible; story; incomprehensible. I’m guessing this “heartwarming” Christmas story won some Japanese junior high kid some sort of shitty film award. The best part of the movie (and by “best” I mean hilariously bad) is a chase scene where a grown man is unable to catch a 5 ft. tall Chinese girl with high heels and a 8 yr. old boy. Skip it.