1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film New York, New York

2. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film New York, New York

De Niro at his best, plus Minelli bringing back that divine Garland touch. It`s mesmerizingly beautiful, dashingly heat-warming, and brilliantly well-portrayed. Wonder why they think it is not coherent?! I feel stunned. p.s. Minelli version tops Sinatra!

3. Michael Peer's rating of the film New York, New York

New York, New York is a psychodrama musical that is unlike anything to ever exist again. This looks and feels like a true masterpiece - especially the opening V-Day sequence. The first meeting between DeNiro and Minnelli is one for the ages. The sets, lighting, costumes, and musical numbers are first-rate and awe-inspiring. While it gets a little laggy and off-focus, there is some true movie magic to behold here.

4. andrea.b's rating of the film New York, New York

Además de una actuacciones sobresalientes, este filme logra retratar las dificultades del amor (y del ego) en la vida de los músicos.

5. Alex Pintică's rating of the film New York, New York

6. Dignan's rating of the film New York, New York

Starts fine, even humorous, then begins a very long descent into mediocrity. Also, Liza Minnelli is annoying as fuck.

7. Santropez's rating of the film New York, New York

Man … when has Scorsese ever seemed lost? New York New York works absolutely every angle. Jimmy just came back from WW2 and is making Times Square his with three things on his mind: music, money, and girls (in that order). 80 minutes in, I’m glad to see I still have 80 left to smoke through; De Niro takes you up then down with top-notch music and his innate ability to make any man’s life look like a Pulitzer novel.

8. Ethan's rating of the film New York, New York

A beautiful film that is a throwback to the musicals of Hollywood's Golden Age. De Niro and Minnelli have great chemistry in this and keep up with Scorsese's manic but precise direction.

9. Janae's rating of the film New York, New York

When that guy that won't leave you alone at the club keeps stalking you and you eventually marry him and then he yells, "Did I tell you to keep that baby?"

10. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film New York, New York

Lo mejor del filme llega a partir del ascenso de su heroína. En primera es Scorsese rindiéndole homenaje al cine musical de la década de los 50, el del gran espectáculo en tecnicolor incluído happy ending. Seguido es la historia de amor frustrada. La de los amantes separados por algo incomprensible pero al parecer necesario. Minnelli reprimida, De Niro intimidante. Su cierre: el del musical de los 70; amargo y real.

11. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film New York, New York

6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1Qh

12. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film New York, New York

I rewatch these film today and the main question is "where are you scorsese?". I think "New York, New York" is the last and one of the biggest musical of all time. I truly belive the musical ended in the 50's, but these one is like the rebirth of that spirit. You see Liza, you see Judy Garland in the "Star is Born", you see "Les Girls", but you never loose "happy endings on a silver screen" (that's magic of cinema)

13. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film New York, New York

Devastating De Niro can play unlikable pieces of garbage like nobody else!

14. bcdcdude's rating of the film New York, New York

Really, REALLY wanted to like this, but it was a strange mix. I like my musicals to be frothy and lovely, but De Niro, good as he is, makes for an uneasy film to watch.

15. Sophy Romvari's rating of the film New York, New York

Start spreading the news, this movie is dope.

16. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film New York, New York

17. Duncan Gray's rating of the film New York, New York

Scorsese combines Technicolor musicals with his studies of volatile men who can only express themselves through anger, and the result is not only wonderful but remarkably natural. Nodding to The Band Wagon, Some Came Running, Swing Time, A Star is Born, and more, its tale of lovers who can only be happy apart is part cinema, part life. And if it's unjustifiably long (it is), a perfect ending goes a long way.

18. Ben Bosko's rating of the film New York, New York

19. José Neves's rating of the film New York, New York

cinematography by László Kovács.

20. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film New York, New York

A Flawed Scorsese picture but even a flawed Scorsese still has its moments

21. Drew.'s rating of the film New York, New York

I got so excited that this was added to the database that I immediately favorited it! In truth it really isn't one of my favorites. I do think it is seriously flawed, HOWEVER I also think it is seriously underrated. Despite its flaws I think it does work wonderfully, and is a very very good film.

22. CafeGradiva's rating of the film New York, New York

23. T. J. Harman's rating of the film New York, New York

A lovely mix of old Hollywood and 70s Hollywood. An underrated Scorsese film that I think people weren't ready for this side of him in '77. Deniro is very strong as is Minnelli (my 1st exposure to her outside of Arrested Development) who shines in the latter half of the film that focuses on her.

24. AKFilmFan's rating of the film New York, New York

Mixing the artificial style of 40's musicals with contemporary emotional complexities, Scorsese's edited-down follow up to Taxi Driver is enjoyable but can't overcome its unfocused story due to its improvised and lengthy scenes.