1. Francisco Mouraz's rating of the film Next Time I'll Aim For the Heart

Solid role from Canet and a couple of brilliantly shot sequences throughout the film.

2. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Next Time I'll Aim For the Heart

3. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Next Time I'll Aim For the Heart

Based on startling real events, “Next Time I’ll Aim for the Heart” was the perfect vehicle for the acting skills of Laurent Canet. (3.5 stars)

4. José Neves's rating of the film Next Time I'll Aim For the Heart

Next time, rather than fall in the polar clichés, please extend the premises of the magnificent first sequence - a camera-narrator with architectural delight, in which by image is drawn a characterization of the protagonist's personality and acts. Carpenter, Walsh, Fuller or De Palma made it peerless and that start is a distant relative of such triumphs. The rest is mainly sustained by Canet magnific opacity.

5. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Next Time I'll Aim For the Heart

Solid slice of crime drama with a fine central performance by Canet. The production design and music complements the story suitably while the script is good but a few shades short of great. I commend the director for not turning to stale thriller tropes but staying on the dramatic side of things. Still there is something here that stops the movie from becoming as riveting and gripping as it could have been.

6. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Next Time I'll Aim For the Heart

Dans la grande tradition du polar français (Melville), le film d'Anger se révèle particulièrement poisseux, âpre et glacial, avec un Guillaume Canet hanté particulièrement impassible et donc parfaitement inquiétant Reste que cette plongée clinique et minimaliste dans la banalité de la folie demeure engoncée dans son ambiance, sans parvenir à s'en extraire ou à la dépasser.