1. Sofia's rating of the film Niagara

Marilyn, more than a pretty face!

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Niagara

Un excellent film noir américain, traversé par la haine et la passion, qui nous vaut quelques splendides prises de vue sur les chutes du Niagara, et les non moins époustouflantes chutes de reins de Marilyn Monroe... www.cinefiches.com

3. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Niagara

this is one of the first MM movies I had ever seen/movies from the 50s so naturally I have such nostalgia for it. the colours and beautiful, the ending is great and love the song kiss me. recommend!

4. Vaida Kazlauskaitė's rating of the film Niagara

The only thing I remember is those red, moist, sugary Monroe's lips and that's not the worst I've seen

5. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Niagara

6. le Gars's rating of the film Niagara

Great movie about impotence and desire. The dream-like atmosphere is rigorously built up by using disturbing long shots (the shadowing scene), intense color palette (Marilyn's dress) and symbolic settings (the phallic bell tower). Stunning cinematography.

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film Niagara

A noir in color. Great Cotten and Monroe vehicle. Sadly, the only film I have seen by this director.

8. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Niagara

Her only enjoyable movie, it seems she knew how to act.

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Niagara

6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-21x

10. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Niagara

A strong contender for the best Marilyn Monroe performance

11. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Niagara

Marital turmoil, murder, and deception - and a happy couple who are swept into the whirlpool of intrigue. Gorgeous use of Niagara Falls. Nice work contrasting the focal couples, building and releasing tension, and repeatedly drawing the point of view couple (Peters/Showalter) back into the problems, turbulence, and danger of the Monroe/Cotton relationship. Still, not first rate. But worth a look.

12. MS1915's rating of the film Niagara

A suspenseful film with a surprising twist. It wasn't bad of an experience, but I'll be honest I only watched it for Marilyn.

13. Malin's rating of the film Niagara

Possibly the ugliest movie I've ever seen. Only worth watching for the suspenseful finale.

14. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Niagara

a great & thrilling crime movie with a very attractive looking Marilyn, but sadly a very small role.

15. MrPinkGorilla's rating of the film Niagara

El despliegue de la señorita Monroe en este rodaje misterioso, es una pequeña muestra de lo magnética que podía ser, le sobra por montones sensualidad e irradia maravillosamente cada dialogo, logra mostrar una sensibilidad oscura de un personaje que podría ser apático y tiene una maravillosa química con sus co-estrellas, un homenaje a Marilyn y a los thriller.

16. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Niagara

Some very exciting Hitchcockian moments like the pre-Vertigo murder scene, Joseph Cotten's split personality, Marilyn as a red/black/white lost angel and a perfect mise-en-scene by Henry Hathaway. A Film Noir in color deserving to be rediscovered. Masterpiece.

17. Shelley's rating of the film Niagara

I was really surprised with this film. it was very suspenseful and intriguing. it was also very beautiful: from the Falls, to the Bell Tower, and Marilyn Monroe herself. it was wonderful to see her in her first color film! it really steers you in different directions.

18. Ryland Walker Knight's rating of the film Niagara

Quite a goofy coil. Very happy to have seen it big; the print was unbelievably great. All the men are psychotic in some way but the worst is that Gee Golly idiot who's all eyeballs and front teeth. Also, the first shot of MM is *crazy*

19. Dave's rating of the film Niagara

Proof that Charles Brackett did something as a writer following his separation from former writing partner Billy Wilder. While not as good as what Wilder would move on to, it is still a wonderful technicolor noir with underrated veteran Henry Hathaway at the helm. Marilyn is wonderful here.

20. Aaken's rating of the film Niagara

The gorgeous technicolor actually brings a heavy and smothering atmosphere to the story. Hathaway wanted James Mason for the lead... however Cotten is very effective as the tormented ex-war veteran. Monroe is an interesting choice to play the femme fatale, and she is beyond being a good or bad actress: she is a luminous presence on the screen. Great climax at the end.