1. Ghostman's rating of the film Night and Day

Another Hong Sang-Soo masterpiece and a film that only he could make. Night and Day is a film of deep, complex, and adult emotions and situations; a film where the protagonist is left stranded in a foreign world and left to fend for himself; or so it seems until the film's tumultuous and perplexing ending that is straight up Bunuel-esque. Just brilliant.

2. Adam GR's rating of the film Night and Day

Kim Young-ho manages to charm, though this film slides into 'creepy old man' territory. If that's the point, I don't entirely find that interesting. The structure and editing is playfully dramatic and minimalist.

3. RJT's rating of the film Night and Day

Dozens of mint green title cards start-and-stop this casual epic, shaping it so that time ticks along on an endless rotation of days. A flurry of actresses are spun in and out of this winding narrative, all somehow in the orbit of a befuddled, floppy protagonist. His absolute narcissism yields an array of hilariously awkward and painfully inept scenarios that play out in equally quizzical cinematographic flourishes.

4. Nick Potter's rating of the film Night and Day

The longest Hong Sang-soo film that I've seen, and also the one that I responded to the least. Coincidence? Hard to say. There are definitely parts that worked for me, but I struggled to get past the nature of the lead character.

5. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Night and Day

Dry, wet, droll, hysterical, flat, bubbling, angular, sinuous, ugly, winsome, abrupt, quotidian, dreamlike, so many things by turns and yet consistent throughout. And very like middle age feels.

6. Samuel Spione's rating of the film Night and Day

The protagonist is undoubtedly misogynistic but is also layered and compelling, providing for an interesting and subversive character study.

7. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Night and Day

Comically awkward, but also very natural and lacking in artificial drama. Sung-nam is eminently likable, and I appreciated the pans and zooms. It's casual and understated, and I could probably watch it for another two and a half hours.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Night and Day

"I want to sleep with you, you little brat!" This could be a Woody Allen movie with the way it's put together, not to mention the older man/younger woman scenario. I wish he would stop with his eccentric camera moves. Hate the mini-zoom. The pan-away was a little more effective, but both techniques remove you from the story.

9. Connor S.'s rating of the film Night and Day

this movie is like a mixture of a stress induced feverish nightmare and a wet dream in that it is full of sex but is moments chock full of awkwardness this movie addresses the relationship between men and women in the bedroom and out whith lots of moments that you can find funny while never losing its focus

10. David Perez's rating of the film Night and Day

This guy should be writing hallmark cards. Saccharine piece of garbage. If Eric Rohmer made films that were shit, this would be one of them. No stars.

11. tinderness's rating of the film Night and Day

Ich weigere mich, die hier auf MUBI zu diesem Film vertretenen Interpretationen von Pariser Flaneuren oder typisch männlichen/weiblichen sexuellen Verhaltensweisen anzuerkennen, finde sie im ersten Fall schlichtweg falsch, im zweiten Fall eine Überschätzung. "Much Ado about Nothing", denke ich, und lege den Film ab, so leichtfertig wie er dahergekommen ist: ins Archiv, wo sich auch die gemalten Kitschwolken befinden!

12. GenuineBrendan's rating of the film Night and Day

The first two Hong’s I watched I found them a bit difficult into but I was incredibly moved by this picture. Easily my favorite of Hong’s work so far.

13. Erik F.'s rating of the film Night and Day

2.5 stars. I liked this film better when Rohmer made it.

14. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Night and Day

15. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Night and Day

16. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Night and Day

17. -REM-'s rating of the film Night and Day

18. lndah's rating of the film Night and Day

The art of crafting spiritless and languid male characters and wimiiiin stereotype in the most realistic and uninspired way. Rinse and repeat.

19. jchandleroc's rating of the film Night and Day

Here, Sung-nam is deeply and profoundly lost. Hong's clear and consistent gaze only intensifies our scrutiny as he engages in a series of stunted relationships, full of false assurance and empty words. His baser fantasies are documented in dream sequences while his actual misdeeds are implied in ellipsis. What emerges is a beautifully rendered yet mildly off-putting portrait of male narcissism.

20. vxpl's rating of the film Night and Day

Something is just so attractive about this movie. Seems like a typical love story but it's told so beautifully. It's the characters, the plot or something else mysterious that I loved about this film.

21. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Night and Day

As usual with his films, I found this almost physically taxing-- and yet, intriguing. I keep coming back for more, like an alcoholic who won't admit his problem.

22. Paula Toni's rating of the film Night and Day

problemas sérios com relação a discussão sobre arte tomada pelos artistas do filme, me fizeram colocar alguns pé atrás com essa fita

23. joana geraldo's rating of the film Night and Day

é tão rohmer que foi filmado em paris.

24. CANNED LUCIDITY's rating of the film Night and Day

The perfect antidote for wanderlust.