1. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Night and Day

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Night and Day

3. -REM-'s rating of the film Night and Day

4. lndah's rating of the film Night and Day

The art of crafting spiritless and languid male characters and wimiiiin stereotype in the most realistic and uninspired way. Rinse and repeat.

5. jchandleroc's rating of the film Night and Day

Here, Sung-nam is deeply and profoundly lost. Hong's clear and consistent gaze only intensifies our scrutiny as he engages in a series of stunted relationships, full of false assurance and empty words. His baser fantasies are documented in dream sequences while his actual misdeeds are implied in ellipsis. What emerges is a beautifully rendered yet mildly off-putting portrait of male narcissism.

6. vxpl's rating of the film Night and Day

Something is just so attractive about this movie. Seems like a typical love story but it's told so beautifully. It's the characters, the plot or something else mysterious that I loved about this film.

7. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Night and Day

As usual with his films, I found this almost physically taxing-- and yet, intriguing. I keep coming back for more, like an alcoholic who won't admit his problem.

8. Paula Toni's rating of the film Night and Day

problemas sérios com relação a discussão sobre arte tomada pelos artistas do filme, me fizeram colocar alguns pé atrás com essa fita

9. joana geraldo's rating of the film Night and Day

é tão rohmer que foi filmado em paris.

10. CANNED LUCIDITY's rating of the film Night and Day

The perfect antidote for wanderlust.

11. David Grillo's rating of the film Night and Day

A dream is a point of view you can see all the complexities of life collapse around an ordinary person a fool who gives up his inventions his love his life that to pick up another he would have claimed that the one he has now is false life in a charmed circle an elaborate mirror of clumsy bourgeoisie where everyone is bourgeoisie; overrun by jealousy and emotional expense instead of pressing human affairs.

12. Cat's Pajamas's rating of the film Night and Day

The master of the awkward moment. The Land of the Fermenting Cabbage has yet to produce a finer filmmaker than Hong Sang-soo. (I haven't seen this yet, which is why there's no review.)

13. Patrick McGavin's rating of the film Night and Day

My interview with Hong out of Berlin last year. http://lightsensitive.typepad.com/light-sensitive/2009/10/hong-sangsoo.html

14. adam's rating of the film Night and Day

My absolute favorite film of 2008. I would love to see it on DVD or on this website, but I don't believe it has any kind of American distribution. It is a fabulous and subtle study of masculine desire. What do you see in the clouds at the end?

15. Edwin Mak's rating of the film Night and Day

Soundtrack ID request: Would anyone be able to tell me what the classical overture is, that is used intermittently in the film?

16. Juan C.P.'s rating of the film Night and Day

I remember watching this film a couple of months ago. Although fashionably long, I take great joy of watching characters that have absolutely nothing to do but see were the day takes them -at least in the beginning of the storyline-. I also enjoyed Hong Sang-soo's ocational comeding punch. I think I have to see this and Woman on the Beach again. This director has a sharp perspective on relationships.

17. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Night and Day

Hong's got several masterpieces and this is foremost among them. A magnum hongus, as it were.

18. arlinda's rating of the film Night and Day

I couldn't stop watching this, even as it slowly and awkwardly meandered its way in and around Paris, then back to Korea. You have to admire Hong's patience with his characters, no matter how absurdly juvenile they may be. The payoff is painfully funny. At one point, I thought I saw Rohmer's spirit peaking through the clouds.

19. aechjay's rating of the film Night and Day

This film is more like a novel than any novel I've ever read before. A perfect film.

20. Wookie Wook's rating of the film Night and Day

wow i think the trailer above has as many cuts as the 144-minute movie, if not more.

21. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Night and Day

La difusa y tramposa línea que hay entre el amor y el deseo es retratada en esta película con mucha honestidad, con un tono discreto que cabalga entre el drama y la comedia. El estilo es de una sencillez admirable, heredero de ciertos trabajos de Truffaut y Rohmer.

22. Blue K, Custodian of the Cinema's rating of the film Night and Day

This may be the funniest film of the last decade. And not only that, but Hong is developing his own trademark camera work, one that is as distinct, albeit much more restrained, as that of Fassbinder. Hong is only one of a handful directors working today who has not yet made a single bad film.

23. Alexander Peacock's rating of the film Night and Day

Damn there's no english subs on the Japanese dvd! Maybe this means someone will port it though and add subs?

24. Seanpasbon's rating of the film Night and Day

Quite a shame that this superb film - perhaps Hong's most ironic piece yet - still hasn't received an official Korean DVD release; not even KOFIC has a print of it.