1. Andrew Esson's rating of the film Night and Day

Acclaimed director Hong Sang-soo goes abroad to make this film about a Korean man escaping a jail sentence by flying to Paris, where he tries to think of his wife as he falls in love with other girls and Paris itself.

2. josé neves's rating of the film Night and Day

Digital, rewatched. False diary, intermittent diary, constant derision. The first film i saw of this filmmaker and one of the rare ones that premiered in Lisbon, now after the knowledge of most of his films, surpassed yesterday's surprise by the reiteration of his constant, brilliant, and very particular, ironic demiurgy. Another of the contemporary filmmakers that interests me the most.

3. grassybrownie's rating of the film Night and Day

4. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film Night and Day

5. Ghostman's rating of the film Night and Day

Another Hong Sang-Soo masterpiece and a film that only he could make. Night and Day is a film of deep, complex, and adult emotions and situations; a film where the protagonist is left stranded in a foreign world and left to fend for himself; or so it seems until the film's tumultuous and perplexing ending that is straight up Bunuel-esque. Just brilliant.

6. Adam GR's rating of the film Night and Day

Kim Young-ho manages to charm, though this film slides into 'creepy old man' territory. If that's the point, I don't entirely find that interesting. The structure and editing is playfully dramatic and minimalist.

7. Robert John Torres's rating of the film Night and Day

Dozens of mint green title cards start-and-stop this casual epic, shaping it so that time ticks along on an endless rotation of days. A flurry of actresses are spun in and out of this winding narrative, all somehow in the orbit of a befuddled, floppy protagonist. His absolute narcissism yields an array of hilariously awkward and painfully inept scenarios that play out in equally quizzical cinematographic flourishes.

8. Nick Potter's rating of the film Night and Day

The longest Hong Sang-soo film that I've seen, and also the one that I responded to the least. Coincidence? Hard to say. There are definitely parts that worked for me, but I struggled to get past the nature of the lead character.

9. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Night and Day

Dry, wet, droll, hysterical, flat, bubbling, angular, sinuous, ugly, winsome, abrupt, quotidian, dreamlike, so many things by turns and yet consistent throughout. And very like middle age feels.

10. Samuel Spione's rating of the film Night and Day

The protagonist is undoubtedly misogynistic but is also layered and compelling, providing for an interesting and subversive character study.

11. askapsaskis's rating of the film Night and Day

Comically awkward, but also very natural and lacking in artificial drama. Sung-nam is eminently likable, and I appreciated the pans and zooms. It's casual and understated, and I could probably watch it for another two and a half hours.

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Night and Day

"I want to sleep with you, you little brat!" This could be a Woody Allen movie with the way it's put together, not to mention the older man/younger woman scenario. I wish he would stop with his eccentric camera moves. Hate the mini-zoom. The pan-away was a little more effective, but both techniques remove you from the story.

13. Connor S.'s rating of the film Night and Day

this movie is like a mixture of a stress induced feverish nightmare and a wet dream in that it is full of sex but is moments chock full of awkwardness this movie addresses the relationship between men and women in the bedroom and out whith lots of moments that you can find funny while never losing its focus

14. David Perez's rating of the film Night and Day

This guy should be writing hallmark cards. Saccharine piece of garbage. If Eric Rohmer made films that were shit, this would be one of them. No stars.

15. tinderness's rating of the film Night and Day

Ich weigere mich, die hier auf MUBI zu diesem Film vertretenen Interpretationen von Pariser Flaneuren oder typisch männlichen/weiblichen sexuellen Verhaltensweisen anzuerkennen, finde sie im ersten Fall schlichtweg falsch, im zweiten Fall eine Überschätzung. "Much Ado about Nothing", denke ich, und lege den Film ab, so leichtfertig wie er dahergekommen ist: ins Archiv, wo sich auch die gemalten Kitschwolken befinden!

16. GenuineBrendan's rating of the film Night and Day

The first two Hong’s I watched I found them a bit difficult into but I was incredibly moved by this picture. Easily my favorite of Hong’s work so far.

17. Erik F.'s rating of the film Night and Day

2.5 stars. I liked this film better when Rohmer made it.

18. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Night and Day

19. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Night and Day

20. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Night and Day

21. -REM-'s rating of the film Night and Day

22. lndah's rating of the film Night and Day

The art of crafting spiritless and languid male characters and wimiiiin stereotype in the most realistic and uninspired way. Rinse and repeat.

23. jchandleroc's rating of the film Night and Day

Here, Sung-nam is deeply and profoundly lost. Hong's clear and consistent gaze only intensifies our scrutiny as he engages in a series of stunted relationships, full of false assurance and empty words. His baser fantasies are documented in dream sequences while his actual misdeeds are implied in ellipsis. What emerges is a beautifully rendered yet mildly off-putting portrait of male narcissism.

24. vxpl's rating of the film Night and Day

Something is just so attractive about this movie. Seems like a typical love story but it's told so beautifully. It's the characters, the plot or something else mysterious that I loved about this film.