1. bucharestaesthetics's rating of the film Night and Fog

Je ne suis pas responsable! Great collection of Nazi concentration camp archive footage.

2. simona dumitriu's rating of the film Night and Fog

an incinerator can be made to look like a picture postcard

3. TatiDelen's rating of the film Night and Fog

A true masterpiece, one of the very first and hence, probably, the most moving documentaries on the Holocaust.

4. NUGA's rating of the film Night and Fog

Humanity's never ending cry continues to scream and bleed and fear, blindly, silently, as we discover without hope, without a voice, without a chance, the face of the new executioners that will make us scream and bleed and fear once again. Forcefully we forget and look away, for this will and has only happened once, never to be repeated again. This cry, without a rest, watches over a world of crying executioners.

5. jewelsofglory's rating of the film Night and Fog

“We turn a blind eye to what surrounds us and a deaf ear to humanity’s never ending cry.” There are two types of people in the world, the horrible and the miserable...

6. Richard Tines's rating of the film Night and Fog

how do i honestly go about star-rating this? the images speak for themselves, but the voiceover provides salt in the wound opened by them, and Resnais is determined to point out (presciently) that these horrors would be repeated, perhaps maybe not on as grand (poor word choice, perhaps) a scale, but, see: the 17 yr "war on terror", boko harum, Mugabe, et al, fill in your own blank.."war dozed off, one eye still open"

7. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Night and Fog

a beautiful film of hideous acts - I wish it was feature length

8. poetboi's rating of the film Night and Fog

i shivered multiple times. the last line of this documentary, with it's angry, accusatory implications, is something that will remain with me for a long while.

9. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Night and Fog

Hard to stomach for sure but very important. Should be shown in schools.

10. Dan's rating of the film Night and Fog

"Powerful," "horrific" and "honest" feel like throwaway words when this is over but they're all we have to describe the 30 minutes of confrontation that Resnais crafts. Essential viewing for everyone alive.

11. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Night and Fog

"We survey these ruins with a heartfelt gaze, certain the old monster lies crushed beneath the rubble. We pretend to regain hope as the image recedes, as though we've been cured of that plague. We tell ourselves it was all confined to one country, one point of time. We turn a blind eye to what surrounds us and a deaf ear to the never-ending cries".

12. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Night and Fog

As the ironic, almost genteel tones of the voice-over narration start to crumble into aporia, the viewer is faced with the question whether it is a moral possibility for white European civilisation and culture to continue in the wake of the Holocaust. Resnais asks this question with absolute moral seriousness and absolute ambivalence, knowing the point at which representation snaps and one must bear silence, horribly

13. Ben Nash's rating of the film Night and Fog

The best Holocaust film ever made.

14. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Night and Fog

Some of the things I thought would bother me about did not. His streamlined approach here is effective, and I never felt like his signature formalism aestheticized the horrors of the camps. Instead, Night and Fog feels incredibly urgent, and Resnais's and Cayrol's warning to humanity, their attempt to comprehend how such evil can (and will continue to exist), is nauseatingly poignant.

15. Neide Ramos's rating of the film Night and Fog

Probably the best documentary made about the Holocaust, took Resnais some balls to make it just 10 years after the liberation, but it takes some balls to watch it as well. The image of dozens of emaciated skeletons being pushed by bulldozers is probably going to stick around for a couple of weeks, almost as shocking as the unwillingness to acknowledge responsibility seen in the final trial scenes.

16. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film Night and Fog

Serge Daney : « Nuit et Brouillard, un "beau" film ? Non, un film juste. »

17. ig_____or's rating of the film Night and Fog

18. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Night and Fog

just when you thought you saw every horrible photography from the extermination camps, here comes this little thing...this should be screened at every holocaust denial meeting everywhere

19. Mar ~'s rating of the film Night and Fog

I first watched this documentary when I was trying to study before an exam in High School . I remember it felt as a narrated fairy tale, carefully , ugly and poetic at the same time.

20. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Night and Fog

21. Kelley Dong's rating of the film Night and Fog

22. dave gunn's rating of the film Night and Fog

Hauntingly, delicately, empathetically handled.

23. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Night and Fog

Powerful in every sense of the word. Still feel the creep along my spine

24. FISCHER's rating of the film Night and Fog

Une oeuvre hors du temps, inoubliable, insupportable, incontournable... www.cinefiches.com

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7