1. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Night and Fog

"We survey these ruins with a heartfelt gaze, certain the old monster lies crushed beneath the rubble. We pretend to regain hope as the image recedes, as though we've been cured of that plague. We tell ourselves it was all confined to one country, one point of time. We turn a blind eye to what surrounds us and a deaf ear to the never-ending cries".

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Night and Fog

As the ironic, almost genteel tones of the voice-over narration start to crumble into aporia, the viewer is faced with the question whether it is a moral possibility for white European civilisation and culture to continue in the wake of the Holocaust. Resnais asks this question with absolute moral seriousness and absolute ambivalence, knowing the point at which representation snaps and one must bear silence, horribly

3. BenNash's rating of the film Night and Fog

The best Holocaust film ever made.

4. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Night and Fog

Some of the things I thought would bother me about did not. His streamlined approach here is effective, and I never felt like his signature formalism aestheticized the horrors of the camps. Instead, Night and Fog feels incredibly urgent, and Resnais's and Cayrol's warning to humanity, their attempt to comprehend how such evil can (and will continue to exist), is nauseatingly poignant.

5. Neide Ramos's rating of the film Night and Fog

Probably the best documentary made about the Holocaust, took Resnais some balls to make it just 10 years after the liberation, but it takes some balls to watch it as well. The image of dozens of emaciated skeletons being pushed by bulldozers is probably going to stick around for a couple of weeks, almost as shocking as the unwillingness to acknowledge responsibility seen in the final trial scenes.

6. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film Night and Fog

Serge Daney : « Nuit et Brouillard, un "beau" film ? Non, un film juste. »

7. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Night and Fog

8. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Night and Fog

just when you thought you saw every horrible photography from the extermination camps, here comes this little thing...this should be screened at every holocaust denial meeting everywhere

9. Mar ~'s rating of the film Night and Fog

I first watched this documentary when I was trying to study before an exam in High School . I remember it felt as a narrated fairy tale, carefully , ugly and poetic at the same time.

10. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Night and Fog

11. Kelley Dong's rating of the film Night and Fog

12. János Valuska's rating of the film Night and Fog

13. dave gunn's rating of the film Night and Fog

Hauntingly, delicately, empathetically handled.

14. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Night and Fog

Powerful in every sense of the word. Still feel the creep along my spine

15. FISCHER's rating of the film Night and Fog

Une oeuvre hors du temps, inoubliable, insupportable, incontournable... www.cinefiches.com

16. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Night and Fog

'Alors, qui est responsable?' Today, combating neo-Nazism and other manifestations of racism and xenophobia must be a common priority.

17. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Night and Fog

A shocking, but poetic classic.

18. Christophe's rating of the film Night and Fog

Bouleversant ! Nécessaire !

19. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Night and Fog

To me, this film is an example of one of the things that an artist can do. I think an artist can leave a historical note to his/her own kind. Alain Resnais did this with a masterpiece.

20. AVA's rating of the film Night and Fog

Brilliante Machart.Sehr gute Wahl des Sprechers. Textlich hervorragend!

21. Alex Hall's rating of the film Night and Fog

"...pretending to believe it happened but once, in one country... not seeing what goes on around us, not heeding the unending cry." Essential.

22. captainfez's rating of the film Night and Fog

23. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film Night and Fog

No horror film can be anyhow compared to horrors existed during that 'epidemic'. Must watch as a prevention from anything even close to that 'totalitarian disease', to nationalistic agonies spreading across the world.

24. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Night and Fog

Overrated. Yes, it's important to remember but movie itself is just a combination of archives and pictures taken years later. Yes, it's terrifying but most of documentaries about holocaust are.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7