1. omusubibi's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

3.5 this multi-stop ethereal journey was like a cross between The Little Prince and Ginga Tetsudo 999. Loved the dreamlike quality and the story of the burning scorpion. though the animation could have been more lively and characters more dynamic.

2. EDDIE I's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

If David Lynch did anime it would be something like this.

3. Raivis Kapilinskis's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

The Christian symbolism was a bit too much in some parts (like, there MUST be a giant cross somewhere in outer space, yes), but it was hypnotic and sad like a dream that you wake up in tears from.

4. Sif's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

5. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

3-4. It is so brilliant in its more high-minded respects, its delivery, its deep thought, its varied complementary metaphor, that the simplicity of its characters and conflict are really unfortunate. It's impossible to ignore, on multiple viewings, the lack of humanizing emotion present here. And that's really a shame, given the abject beauty of the film's spiritual philosophy.

6. einhorn's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

7. bima ferdinandsyah's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

watching this anime alone at 2 am will give you more deep scary thoughs than any horror movie. intriguing, but highly disturbing.

8. rvbstr's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

Nice soundtrack by Haruomi Hosono.

9. danry's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

10. junixu's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

I haven't seen an anime like this before and hope there are more out there that are as dark and carefully crafted in theme. Excellent and hypnotic use of sound. My only crit is that the religious references were made quite aggressively at times, which may have detracted from (what I thought was) the film's central message -- but I haven't read the book yet; maybe it was supposed to be like that?

11. Westley's rating of the film Night on the Galactic Railroad

This is a really great movie. It's unfortunate it's out of print in the USA.