1. mciszczon's rating of the film Night Without Distance

Interesting in visual aspect. Lacks everything else. Maybe all these static scenes were to resemble of painting works, but they are just too long and static. The story is boring, nothing special.

2. Saranne Weekes's rating of the film Night Without Distance

It had an interesting aesthetic, but so little movement it was very difficult to watch. My viewing partner fell asleep briefly.

3. Jennifer Weeks's rating of the film Night Without Distance

The plot to this short film seems completely incidental but it is nonetheless captivating as a sensory experiment. The manipulation of colour and lighting, as well as the unnaturally restricted movements of the subjects, is interesting and pleasing to the eye. I found the unimodal delivery of information (i.e. through light, movement, or dialogue, but never more than one at a time) quite calming, if a little eerie.

4. captainfez's rating of the film Night Without Distance

A shame reversing the colour doesn't reverse my disinterest.

5. Sahand Mohajer's rating of the film Night Without Distance

As with most spiritual films Night Without Distance achieves an otherworldliness with very little, very simply!

6. EdieEmm's rating of the film Night Without Distance

"There are trails of souls in landscapes" writes poet de Pascoaes, and Patiño's rather simple trick of negative image-reversal turns an otherwise mundane pastoral scene into a window onto that truth. A world turned game environment, with the sounds & pacing of a dream; a jolt sufficient to facilitate the reintroduction of mystery. Sadly, the 'mystery' is petty smugglers about whom we're given no reason to care... 2.5

7. Nachtreich's rating of the film Night Without Distance

8. IKB 191's rating of the film Night Without Distance

4 for the surreal feeling but 3 for the story, it felt kinda weak.

9. Aube James's rating of the film Night Without Distance

All the faux dinginess is apparently obvious with the use of negative patina. I can't overthink what lulls me to sleep.

10. fearraigh's rating of the film Night Without Distance

Visually beautiful and great use of sound too. It also captures very well the 'hurry up and wait' aspect of smuggling. But beyond that, there's not an awful lot to go on. For a short film it's incredibly slow and dull and doesn't tell you much about the context for the smuggling (does it still go on in the age of a borderless Europe?)

11. Marco Bevilacqua's rating of the film Night Without Distance

The loneliness of the humane figure in a nocturnal landscape is interesting, viewed in its relationship with nature. Also the recording technique used to alter the effect of the night creates an "abstract effect". Nothing more because this film seems to be repetitive and only interesting as an audio-visual experimentation.

12. Nujen Acar's rating of the film Night Without Distance

frames are great and interesting but the film is not so good.

13. panagiotatos's rating of the film Night Without Distance

14. Divino's rating of the film Night Without Distance

Absolutely beautiful. Hope to see more from this guy.

15. ruben perlmutter's rating of the film Night Without Distance

El solarizado disimula una trama inexistente de prolongadas escenas, sin acción donde los personajes están quietos, donde la cámara se mueve imperceptiblemente son seguidas por otras cortas, con diálogos que no despiertan interés, un fade out, y la escena final, de la nada muchos personajes se mueven entre rocas, en un un fulgurante y onirico escenario nocturno.

16. Quattro's rating of the film Night Without Distance

Wow! Something like this had to be made. I loved the way the slow camera movements give tridimensionality to the static, dreamy shots. And I loved the silence, the soft breeze on the grass, the luminescent rocks and the purple shades in the background. Just two little things: I would have cut a few minutes off, and avoided those anti-aesthetic close-ups. A wonderful visual experience – nothing more, nothing less.

17. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Night Without Distance

18. Jacob Erwin's rating of the film Night Without Distance

Pretty to look at but not much substance

19. Feng Ling's rating of the film Night Without Distance

To completely ruin the experience, try "xcalib -i -a" (if you use X11).

20. Joe Case's rating of the film Night Without Distance

Very meditative and painting like. I thought at first that the reversal look was just kind of a gimmick, but with the pacing, sound design and landscape it really worked to make something very unique. Great short.

21. Ioannis Papaloizou's rating of the film Night Without Distance

Stunning imagery, eerie tension, and moves slow like honey. Wonderful experience.

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Night Without Distance

I thought of Sokurov's Spiritual Voices: doodling while we wait for death.

23. muse_x's rating of the film Night Without Distance

Yet another, unsuspecting way to play w/ the narrative form.

24. Omus's rating of the film Night Without Distance

This is another amazing short with some incredibly imaginative photography. It's part magic eye painting, video game environments and gently moving camera. Wow.