1. Bob's rating of the film Nightbreed

At times over-stuffed and banal with simplicity of motivations but it manages to accomplish allegorical prophecy of struggle between life and death through a religious, political and ideological tokens. Creative make-up and set design are placing it into elite of B movies while David Cronenberg steals the show and channels a future blueprint for Cillian Murphy's dr. Jonathan Crane.

2. Polyglot's rating of the film Nightbreed

I have a crush on the porcupine monster lady.

3. traag-1's rating of the film Nightbreed

AKA " Audrey Horne goes to Hell" I'm convinced on first viewing that this is Barker's true artistic thought made flesh. A fully realized live action comic book without a dull moment and truly deserving of cult status. David Cronenberg was a worthy villian when he has his mask.

4. Log Lady's rating of the film Nightbreed

Didn't particularly like the book, but the visuals of the film made it more interesting. There's a slightly tired look to the special effects, and apparently I'm not the only one who sees a connection to Jim Henson and especially Labyrinth. It's not an entirely good thing, when the story was originally a lot gorier, and here it's more tame and sluggish. Cronenberg makes me happy, though.

5. Comadozer's rating of the film Nightbreed

I've rated a half star more than I wanted, but Nightbreed is a formative film for me and it is one I find difficult not to be subjective about. As a teenager the reversal of the other was significant, and the sheer volume of monster types exciting. Magnificent soundtrack. But the narrative is a pie fight and general cheese, thick. Still very connected to this film, however, and I watch it every couple of years.

6. valdez 2032's rating of the film Nightbreed

Truly a dreadful film. Plot was all over the place, acting was terrible, action dull, and creature effects did not age well. I know there is a directors cut out there, but not even an extra 25 minutes could save this movie

7. POURAZAR's rating of the film Nightbreed

A cheap story line but with exciting monsters! Clive Barker's monsters.

8. GIYGAS's rating of the film Nightbreed

the perfect movie for anyone who wants to see drunk angry albertans slaughtered by horny demons

9. dave gunn's rating of the film Nightbreed

The creativity and diversity of the effects and creatures outshine the rest of the film, which is perhaps a little too long in the director's cut, and somehow manages to play like a really violent Jim Henson children's fantasy at times.

10. Jp Diaz's rating of the film Nightbreed

clossic with a lowercase o

11. msmichel's rating of the film Nightbreed

2014 remastered Director's Cut. After 24 years the infamous 'Cabal' cut is available in all its' glory. Expanded and recut the film certainly makes more sense story wise but perhaps the brevity of the studio cut worked in its favour. Cronenberg and Haid are both dynamite but both roles seemed stronger in the shorter cut and the final shot of the studio version was also more powerful than the conclusion here.

12. Majkinja's rating of the film Nightbreed

It's not available in Norway and it's on my want-to-watch list.

13. Pierre's rating of the film Nightbreed

The Amiga game was one of the most fucking terrifying things ever made. I still can't bring myself to watch the actual movie because of the scars it left.

14. Tigrão's rating of the film Nightbreed

Nightmarish vision of a holocaust performed by humans against "freaks" and "monsters". I can feel Guillermo del Toro and Neil Gaiman in there.

15. olivia marion's rating of the film Nightbreed

If I ever get to see the Cabal cut, I'll be a very, very happy girl.

16. Ademption's rating of the film Nightbreed

Think of it as an adult version of Labyrinth with lots of killing and off-putting freaks.

17. Fillipe Diniz's rating of the film Nightbreed

Terror? Fantasia? Ação dos anos 90? Nightbreed é o típico filme de sessão da tarde para quem tem preguiça de pensar, analisar ou seguir uma trama complicada. Péssimos atores, roteiro ruim, histórias paralelas sem pé, cabeça, meio ou fim, que se chocam umas contra as outras sem resultado nenhum. Enfim, o tipo de filme que eu adoro assistir. Não vejam, é uma porcaria.

18. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Nightbreed

Quirky and strange creature feature with equal parts of brilliance and crap. The story is not half bad but there is not enough money and talent involved to make it work on the scale it needs. However, Cronenbergs brilliant creepy killer/psychotherapist should have gotten a movie of his own.

19. Simon James Constable's rating of the film Nightbreed

Oh hai, Scarecrow from Batman Begins!

20. Jason Callen's rating of the film Nightbreed

This movie is a complete mess. It feels like half of it is still on the cutting floor. It's a shame; I think somewhere in here is a pretty good horror/fantasy flick. It really only deserves two stars but I give it an extra for some cool matte paintings, make up effects, and for casting David Cronenberg.

21. HKFanatic's rating of the film Nightbreed

One could always sense the potential for something great in the compromised theatrical version - but that potential is never realized even in the director's cut. In fact, the longer runtime does "Nightbreed" no favors, and only serves to underscore how ludicrous the entire endeavor is. Clive Barker's strange mishmash of dark fantasy, horror, and action never manages to articulate its ideas in a coherent manner.

22. film_lies101's rating of the film Nightbreed

I am going to have to watch the theatrical cut again because the Director's Cut dragged like a mofo

23. Joseph Sylvers's rating of the film Nightbreed

Everything's true. God's an astronaught. Oz Is over the rainbow. And Midian is where the monsters go

24. delbertgrady's rating of the film Nightbreed