1. ali di pollo's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

ma questo è il film più bello del mondo perchè nessuno me l'aveva detto

2. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Meraviglioso, dai titoli di testa ai titoli di coda. La potenza emotiva sprigionata dalle tristi vicende di cui Cabiria si rende, in parte autonomamente, protagonista ha dell'incredibile. Impossibile non affiancare la bionda protagonista nel suo parzialmente disilluso tentativo di credere nel suo sogno di redenzione, convincendoci che forse non è così inafferrabile. Sperandoci, forse, un po'. Meraviglioso.

3. iva's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Fellini's best, one of the films I hold dearest in my heart...

4. Renightz's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Pure cinema. One of the greatest movies of all-time, one of the greatest actresses of all-time, one of the (or maybe THE) greatest directors of all-time. A slice of life captured in film. A bittersweet tear of joy, sadness and redemption in the shape of a movie.

5. Log Lady's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

What an ending. It's like she wants to say: "See? I've trusted, I've loved, and I've been used by men over and over again, but there is still hope. There's life". Made me cry, to be honest. Masina's performance during the very last frames made me understand the whole film better.

6. B o g d a n's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

7. tatalf's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Sentí el corazón roto como ella, que historia.

8. ermete polpette's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

9. smndvdcl's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

He may be remembered for 'La Dolce Vita', 'La Strada' and '8½', but 'Nights of Cabiria' deserves to stand alongside his more renowned achievements.

10. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

"She lives the life." Giulietta Masina's performance brilliantly captures the contrasts - self-destructiveness and optimism, daftness and fragility, neurosis and vigour, naivety and cynicism - of a woman put through the mill by men: pissed on, put down and spat out by patriarchy and machismo. She's all eyeballs and crooked grins, like a silent movie clown. That sound you hear is Pedro Almodóvar forever taking notes.

11. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Altro giro, altra sconfitta.

12. Nathan Lee Johnson's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Is it possible to marry a movie?

13. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

14. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

I'm shocked after watching this Masterpiece. This is why FELLINI was FELLINI: that Genius.

15. ihor's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

A study of loneliness in a post-war Italy. Rome is no longer is shambles, new opulence and hope is ripe in the air, but the world is still fraught with illusions and difficultly. Material goods, celebrity culture, the church, marriage and love all promise an escape or happiness yet too often Fellini shows how empty they can be. For those unable to fit in such deceptions are often turned to with continual hope.

16. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

17. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

8.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2qv

18. Juan D.'s rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

I guess Fellini couldn't let this character in complete devastation. But in all seriousness ¿who could do dat? J.D.

19. miles's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

stick to what you know.

20. greers's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

4,5. can giulietta masina let me live for one damn second??

21. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Aside from Giulietta Masina giving one of the greatest performances ever captured on film, what makes this one of my all-time favourite movies is that it is the perfect send-off to Fellini's traditional works, and a signal that Fellini would enter a world of surreal filmmaking from which he would never return. This is the final early Fellini film, and my god, what a movie.

22. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

"Nights of Cabiria" is a movie of antitheses - both sad and funny, touching but cruel, gives hope and crushes it but just to give a new hope. And at the centre of it all, the wonderful character of Cabiria, an arrogant but lovable prostitute who keeps getting betrayed by men but falls for them over and over again. And then there's the ending, in which Cabiria for a moment seems to turn into Gelsomina. Classic cinema.

23. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

the greatest film that has ever been made

24. SpacePirate's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

This, La Strada, and I Vitelloni are Fellinis finest.

← Previous 1 3 4