1. mortevivante's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

2. alchimia's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

3. William R Clark's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

4.5? I love this period of Fellini, which draws out magnificent setpieces from the everyday, not just in those religious sequences, but in those (spaghetti) western-esque scenescapes on the outskirts of Rome. He also shows a love of the quiet, lonely moments after the parade has left town. I see so much New Hollywood in this movie, Bogdonavich, Scorcese, Altman, and also PTA, Almodovar. Pasolini wrote some dialogue!

4. Nick Potter's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

I expected to spend my night awestruck with Fellini, and yet I can't remove my thoughts from Giuletta Masina. A truly magnificent performance in a spectacular film.

5. betts's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

all men want is to steal your money and throw you into a river

6. zubee's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Wonderful. Better the second time.

7. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Guilietta Masina carries us through an odyssey traversing the path we all wander between fantasy and reality, romance and tragedy, self-delusion and revelation. Scenes of celebration and spiritual aspiration alternate with visions poverty and human folly. In the end it’s imagination itself that allows us to survive.

8. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

(4.5 stars) A complete and WONDERFUL surprise of a film! I was captivated from start to finish. I think that most of my fascination comes from the INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE by Giulietta Masina. Her onscreen presence is utterly magnetic and she is a hypnotic character to behold. Sometimes angry, sometimes annoying, sometimes truly heartbreaking, Giulietta's performance runs the gamut of emotions.

9. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Giulietta Masina's performance is 5 stars, she's so emotive, a total fox, and the best dancer I've seen on film. Not to mention a few sublime set pieces--Cabiria's public hypnosis will stick with me forever, as may the church procession & the people living in caves. But a compelling drama these things alone do not make. 'Nights of Cabiria' is missing some cohesive glue that caused it to fizzle out for me.

10. David R Williams's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Beautiful. Haunting. Heartbreaking. One of the best films Fellini made. I could stare at Giulietta Masina all day.

11. Jenny Connors's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

What a movie! As a sidenote, now I understand the musical Sweet Charity.

12. angeldromero's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Exploration of hope, loneliness and the life of the so called in the film "low-life". Fellini is a genius and this film deservers all the praises possible, it touched me in the most unfathomable way. Giulietta Masina's performance might be one of the most heart-breaking and charming performances in cinema history. Bravo.

13. Maia's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

14. Hodek Van Mealstrom's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

15. adamjaymorris's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Giuletta Masina is a real firecracker, and her facial acting skills are second only to those of Lillian Gish. A brilliant film.

16. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

17. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Such a bitter articulation of the subtle (and overt) torment faced by the truly pure of heart; it's like the spiritual answer to French New Wave cinema, boasting a complete set of evocations, and a tremendous central performance. I initially thought the conflict almost ephemeral; but Cabiria constantly clashes against the world around her. So there is active conflict in a loose sense. It's lovely beyond words.

18. mked's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Sublime and heart wrenching

19. Pierre's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Fantastique Fellini, magnifique Masina

20. David Perez's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Finally the curators at Mubi selected an excellent film. Massina plays a very fine line between physical humor and subdued pathos. An excellent and perfect film.

21. ceknklsn's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

95/100 (Niye bu kadar geç izledim? Fellini sen neden bu kadar yücesin? Senaristi bilmediğim halde bu film nasıl Passolini'yi aklıma getiriyor? Masina neden bu kadar iyi bir oyuncuyken aynı zamanda çok sempatiksin? 60 yıl öncenin bir film karakteri için nasıl bu denli dertlenebiliyoruz? Neden artık siz ve sizler gibiler çıkmıyor NEDEN?)

22. ali di pollo's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

ma questo è il film più bello del mondo perchè nessuno me l'aveva detto

23. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Meraviglioso, dai titoli di testa ai titoli di coda. La potenza emotiva sprigionata dalle tristi vicende di cui Cabiria si rende, in parte autonomamente, protagonista ha dell'incredibile. Impossibile non affiancare la bionda protagonista nel suo parzialmente disilluso tentativo di credere nel suo sogno di redenzione, convincendoci che forse non è così inafferrabile. Sperandoci, forse, un po'. Meraviglioso.

24. Renightz's rating of the film Nights of Cabiria

Pure cinema. One of the greatest movies of all-time, one of the greatest actresses of all-time, one of the (or maybe THE) greatest directors of all-time. A slice of life captured in film. A bittersweet tear of joy, sadness and redemption in the shape of a movie.

← Previous 1 3 4 5