1. Pymo's rating of the film Nine Guests for a Crime

A bloody family portrait.

2. English Dodo's rating of the film Nine Guests for a Crime

Agatha Christie gets the 70s Italian Giallo treatment. Filmed in a beautiful Mediterranean sun drenched setting the film comes with all the tropes and trappings in the book. My favourite part had to be when one of the characters was drowning and everyone just stood there and watched her drown and only went to save her once she had drowned. Still it's not the worst take on the whole ten little soldiers routine.

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Nine Guests for a Crime

Found in the German Camera Obscura collection. A giallo divided into two parts: the first one is clearly erotic with Mrs. Dionisio, Laurence, Persichetti and Silva enjoying the sun and incidentally the available men in sight. The second part is inspired by Agatha Christie's 'And Then They Were None'. All in all this 'Let's keep it in the family' giallo is not indispensable but I'm glad to have it in my library.

4. rllr's rating of the film Nine Guests for a Crime

Ten Little J&B Drinking Indians on an island, but not the tongue-in-cheek vibe or the stylish quality of Bava's 9 Dolls For An August Moon. Recommended only for those with a giallo fever.

5. Joshua's rating of the film Nine Guests for a Crime

Something in this prevents me from 'loving' it. It may be the style, which is of its own. Slasher heavy, the routine inheritance plot is easy to see through as a guise, the tropes are present (J&B with black gloves and sex) but the best is the 'justice served' ending with a question mark (not literally).