1. poetboi's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

[spoilers] beautiful film. the cinematography from Deakins is very good but not his best. the direction from the Coen brothers is top notch and their dialogue is some of the best ever. so funny, so dark. however, the absence of an ending really jarred me. it was probably exactly as McCarthy ended the book, but the ridiculous choice of not showing the protagonist's death just confused me. Great for the first 75%.

2. Iryna Kovalchuk's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

heroes are incredibly well developed into personalities

3. Richard Tines's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

brilliantly executed nihilism is still nihilism, and thus, no matter how entertaining, still redundant...a gorgeously rendered trip through a world where meaning and decency are slowly peeling away like paint from the wall of an old abandoned church...

4. captainfez's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

5. francisca bacon's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

6. Sơn Phước's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

The real "Coen" that I want. But I don't know why Tommy Lee Jones is here.

7. Jason Av's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

8. Nick Schwab's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

Bardem's thinly-written enigmatic character is more memorable than the actual experience. He's the most striking quirk in a narrative that is repetitive until its last half hour, then weaves in a thin lesson in the closing minutes. The blood and gore and flippant loss of life is more engaging than the tension and suspense mustered up in any of its few and rather underdeveloped action scenes. Easy to watch, if plain.

9. De La Ghetto's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

I can't take this movie as seriously since I just finished reading the book, and, as is almost always the case, the book is just so much better.

10. João Ricardo's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

Filme excelente. Toda a existência humana demonstrada numa batalha entre a ordem moral e a aleatoriedade dos acontecimentos do quotidiano com que nos deparamos. Uma visão pessimista da vida que é demonstrada de forma soberba pelos irmãos Coen! Mostra como os tempos mudam e as capacidades de cada um se vão denegrindo e desaparecendo durante o envelhecimento. -Não há soundtrack, contudo o filme permanence cativante

11. lemonish5's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

The amoral dead, the moral maimed

12. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

So tense, mesmerizing shots. Interesting storytelling, great lines and absurd dialogues. Characters feel so deep and complicated. You get the feel instantly. I love how they told this crazy story in such a serene way. This was great

13. Joao Sobral's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

14. ceknklsn's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

49/100 (5 yıl önce verdiğim puanın çok daha düşüğünü bugün verdim. Coen kardeşleri çok severim. Ancak bu filmden nefret etme hakkına sahip olduğumu düşünüyorum. Bu kadar saçma bir filmin oscar alması ayrı bir rezalet. Nesi saçma diyenler olabilir. Kısaca şöyle diyeyim. Filmin tamamı. Hele ki Bardem'in karakterinin cool yapılma çabaları o kadar itici ki...)

15. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

Javier Bardem in Audrey Tatou's haircut from Amelie and it WORKS

16. Ryan Melvin's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

17. gld48's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

Rewatched. A perfect film, definitely their best thriller.

18. Paul Dogioiu's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

19. chaotic femme's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

Excellent film, was nothing like I expected, and did not end as I expected.

20. María F. Guerrero's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

21. Adam Whybray's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

Doubtless a finely-wrought and gripping film, but I can't help but feel that it is the perfect Coens film for people who don't really like Coens films. I guess I miss the wit and irreverence. It's also the only Coens film to feature a terrible person who isn't compromised or pathetically human, but a pure embodiment of merciless evil. I don't cotton to that.

22. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

Amazing cinematography, but I just didn't enjoy watching the film, it simply didn't move me. Brolin's performance was troubling to me, well revise after second viewing .

23. Bob's rating of the film No Country for Old Men

Southern backdrop works as the character itself, seductive with wastelandish scenery and cruel with predatory that lies beneath. Complexity of good and simplicity of evil blur concept of morality and evoke longing for Old Times that is actually facade for vanity. Distorted concept of the good, the bad and the ugly shines through powerful performances in what is probably the greatest crime thriller of its decade.

24. .Diana.'s rating of the film No Country for Old Men

+ all the stars in the sky