1. FISCHER's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

Un splendide portrait de femme, incarnée par une remarquable actrice nippone, connue pour ses rôles et ses compositions principalement dans les dernières œuvres du grand metteur en scène Yasujiro Ozu. Pour cette réalisation quelque peu oubliée ou méconnue dans la filmographie d'Akira Kurosawa, on est en présence d'un film éminemment politique qui mérite une rapide et nécessaire réhabilitation... www.cinefiches.com

2. eugenie de sade's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

the blurb i read about this described her as an "independent social activist" so the first 2 acts i was just waiting for her to go full out emma goldman.. but the final act and the sequences at the rice fields in particular turned out some of the most incredible and unique moments i've witnessed in cinema

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

4. Alex Pintică's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

5. Renton47's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

It's astonishing that this got made so soon after WWII, but oddly even given its strongly pacifist sentiments this still feels like state-sanctioned cinema. It seems a little stilted for Kurosawa, with the first hour suffering from lack of music cues and poor editing, and while the second half fares better technically, it feels remarkably close to the heroics-in-suffering of 'Mother India'.

6. Aardsy's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

I can't believe she cheated on Ozu!

7. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

Setsuko Hara carries this film amazingly well and yet Kurosawa still found a way to make it about how important a man was lmao, but that arguably plays a smaller part in Yukie's greater self-realization.

8. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

9. lazycalm's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

M: You were born to suffer, my child. Y: Why? I've never seen myself that way. And I'm not just putting on a brave face. [I'm in love with Setsuko Hara's tears, btw...]

10. emichan's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

NO REGRETS FOR OUR YOUTH PEOPLE!!

11. pvt joker's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

No Regrets for our Youth is story about a girl, and what decisions she makes to bring meaning and purpose to her life.There was lot of political stuff going on but all i cared about was seeing Setsuko hara.I think this is the one and only film where Kurosawa had a female as his lead character and he couldn't have made a better choice than choosing Setsuko Hara.

12. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

13. codyhunter's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

14. Lumenal's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

Originally, I gave this 3 stars, but then after some reflection, I realized that any film that features a young Setsuko Hara so prominently is something that is pretty wonderful. 4 stars now!

15. AKFilmFan's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

Kurosawa's first post-war film with a lone female protagonist is a slow but very political film. Kurosawa's views are plainly shown in this story based on true events but it has a very uneven pace & a good (but overly dramatic) performance by Setsuko Hara.

16. Daniela's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

Some interesting impressionist camera techniques but besides that, nothing.

17. Francisco R.'s rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

It may not be part of Kurosawa's more influential body of work, but it's a great film nonetheless, one of my favorites of his early period.

18. Josh Tierney's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

Like a failed attempt at an Ozu with bizarre farming sequences.

19. Joseph Judge's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

Setsuko Hara is SO great in this.

20. Crap Monster's rating of the film No Regrets for Our Youth

Often overlooked Post-War examination by Kurosawa. Not great, but a good example of his non-jidai geki output.