1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

2. DSPRKY's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

This is sly, elliptical filmmaking. Dreaming is living, living is dying, and everyone seems to be smoking or drinking something—indeed, the same thing—that will kill them. It's impressive how much subtext Hong Sang-soo crams into this slight gem.

3. gloriaviktoria's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

4. peaches and plums's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

was going to give up until i saw absolute dreamboat lee sun kyun <3

5. Ameille's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

6. Ade Hendy's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

Potret seorang gadis yang hanya ingin melakukan apapun yang ia inginkan. Jauh dari kepalsuan, meski hal itu terkadang bertentangan dengan etika & moral masyarakat umumnya. Ia hanya ingin bebas

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

8. kiptok's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

damn! the way this movie lands--it is like you never knew you were floating; or is it falling! well suspended emotions can be so much stronger, even. that's a lot of korea. & the way 홍상수 associates you with 해원's experiences thoughts & emotions is so clean, smart & tasteful that i am dazed; i almost see birds flying around my head after this. best of his i've seen?!!?!??!?!

9. boughtabride's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

why do men do the things they do? why do we not know anything about her, when it is about her? why is she leeched by the men who are supposed to love her? why do i not give a fuck about this man? why is her teacher with her? why can they not seem to get their lives together? i didn't hate it, but i didn't care and it seems like most hang soo movies have this pattern. why does it seem like everything will repeat?

10. jchandleroc's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

Even in her dreams Haewon doesn't know what she wants. Or maybe it's that she doesn't want anything. Or maybe it's that there's nothing to want.

11. Jan's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

Unique sense of humor.

12. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

a medium Hong is still a good Hong

13. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

14. salttt's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

quiet, distant, and captivating.

15. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

Fascinante desde el título, uno que parece remembrar a los clásicos melodramas encabezados por mujeres complicadas, espíritu libre, herméticas, con temple externa, pero fragilidad interna. A su paso, la figura masculina insegura, pasional, emotiva. No posee esa teoría femenina, la que continuamente intenta renovarse o simplemente no dejarse absorber a totalidad. Aquí la personaje femenina es un individuo a la deriva.

16. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

I didn't know that the South Koreans got drunk so often.

17. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

Like in Sang-soon’s previous works, this is a film about encounters, which along its way constantly switches between intense and lenient. Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/08/nobodys-daughter-haewon-2013.html

18. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

Hong Sang-soo's films never cease to impress me, and this one is no exception, as it has earned a spot as one of my top favourites of the past year.

19. iZafer's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

Really Hong Sang-soo? I could't keep watch this movie. Bad camera, bad acting and fail dialogues. I watched many bad Korean movies but first time I got escape from 2nd scene.

20. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

As ever with Hong, there is more here than meets the eye. Unless there's even less, and the relentless banality of his thematic repetitions and his stilted, stammering dialogue isn't, in fact, rendered ingenious by the employment of linear narrative-scrambling devices of the sort so many of us love to decipher (or overdetermine). From film to film I scratch my head and change my mind. Together we dither deathward.

21. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

22. Corinne's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

I wish I could live in hotels abroad, then die.

23. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

That Haewon, she's a slippery one. I may have to see this again with more consistently grammatical subtitles to suss out just how I feel about it. The improvisation feels unusually obvious for a Hong.

24. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Nobody's Daughter Haewon

It's not readily apparent since Hong's method is so subdued, serene, and "realistic", but this romantic drama is actually as much of a "mindfuck" movie as Primer or Mulholland Dr., where shifting layers of dreams and reality bring past, present, and future together in an inward character study. Not a drama, but a reflection of one, a puzzle surrounding a valuable message: "It will get better."