1. Vérité Jean-Jacques's rating of the film Nocturnal Uproar

2. David R Williams's rating of the film Nocturnal Uproar

Breillat said "[t]his is a film about desire and seduction. The heroine keeps going to the limits of her desires. She repeatedly seeks new experiences, because desire soon fades." Also said: "[a] crude film, of an intense, moon-like beauty, a sexual film with a series of cutting-edge scenes on carnal relationships, a tale of love and desire in their raw state..."

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Nocturnal Uproar

I saw it as a cautionary tale. Solange is trying to liberate herself, or thinks of herself as liberated, but it is a man's world and she has been socialized by it, so there will be no freedom until she frees her mind of all the manshit. Desire and "experiences" and clever talk are not paths to freedom.

4. Kevin's rating of the film Nocturnal Uproar

The existential sense that pervades this film unfortunately for me begins with a highly raised bar, people with too much money and too much time, which may in its own way produce the really stark existential result. As far as we are gone down the road of ennui since this film, it is difficult to get excited about another voyeur experience. I write this as a true fan of Breillat though, especially her fairy tales.

5. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Nocturnal Uproar

If Solange wasn't so repugnant, this would be have a been an interesting movie. Or maybe not. You'd think a film about frenzied sex wouldn't be so lifeless. At least Breillat use the concepts in this film to her advantage later on.

6. caitlin.f's rating of the film Nocturnal Uproar

rather boring. what i imagined to be a feminist film was quite the opposite.

7. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Nocturnal Uproar

I've known a lot of women like Solange...

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Nocturnal Uproar

I am pretty. Therefore I am entitled. I get to have things my way and I'll sleep with whomever I want to. "What free love is free of is love".

9. Ben Loory's rating of the film Nocturnal Uproar

pretty much exactly what people roll their eyes at when you say the words "french movie"

10. Max's rating of the film Nocturnal Uproar

Anyone know where I can see this?