1. Sin título.'s rating of the film Nocturno 29

2. José Neves's rating of the film Nocturno 29

Digital, transcript from an original in 35mm, rewatched. Contemporary of Garrel's first phase formal experiences, being an elective affinity, in which cinema's own materials are the object of construction. Like some new Spanish wave of this period, especially Saura and some films of the sardonic veterans, namely Buñuel and Berlanga, bourgeoisie is the motto for the corrosion and metaphorization of a country.

3. El Abuelo Kraken's rating of the film Nocturno 29

Una cinta difícil de entender, en donde se mezclan pequeñas historias, algunas con un carácter más simbólico que otras, en donde se observa claramente que el papel preponderante es la escena misma (y la fotografía), y no la narrativa. Portabella se entrega por completo a la experimentación, con un dominio sorprendente de lo visual, aunque con un dejo de pretenciosidad que lo sublima y lo aleja del espectador.

4. DrFirestone's rating of the film Nocturno 29

Pure visual poetry, beautiful black and white cinematography and interesting use of sound. It's not easy to rate a film like this one. It's definitely not "for everyone" and rather demanding, but I'm sure if you can appreciate this kind of cinema, you will love Nocturno 29.

5. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Nocturno 29

2.5/5. Somehow this film did not appeal to me. The beginning was nice but later I lost touch with the film.

6. captainfez's rating of the film Nocturno 29

Mysterious! The mystery is why I'm still watching.

7. EdieEmm's rating of the film Nocturno 29

If there's an artist I'm indebted to Mubi for introducing me to, it's Portabella. Granted, this one's a bit of a warm-up, an exploration of elements; a virtuoso meeting his instrument, waking up fingers... But here are all the components he will use more deftly: The distillation of the human process of meaning-making; the impositions of its resulting symbolic order; the necessity - and difficulties - of subversion...

8. Gianluca Pulsoni's rating of the film Nocturno 29

9. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Nocturno 29

Had some great moments but overall it lacked sense of purpose or at least of something else to hold me there.

10. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Nocturno 29

All I desire is unity... While there is no apparent visual connection between these scenarios, somehow a strong impression of unity stands! How!? Tell me how!!!

11. Mister No's rating of the film Nocturno 29

12. hugo solo's rating of the film Nocturno 29

13. Van Ratajczyk's rating of the film Nocturno 29

Realmente no me gustó. La escena inicial fue buenísima pero después ya nada tenía sentdo a pesar de tener buenas tomas. Por lo general me encantan este tipo de pelis experimentales pero ésta no fue de mi agrado. Si no lees la sinopsis no entiendes nada, por más que te esfuerces en entender.

14. josegalvanh's rating of the film Nocturno 29

Gran película. A primera vista puede resultar confusa pero se explica teniendo en cuenta su contexto de producción. Claro que no es una crítica totalmente abierta al régimen de Franco pero entre líneas puede verse esa crítica que es bastante dura, por cierto.

15. Prabodh's rating of the film Nocturno 29

Way beyond! Strictly art-house.

16. Ben Bosko's rating of the film Nocturno 29

i just feel that there is no rapport between any of these images. a bit like a show reel.

17. Wing Chan's rating of the film Nocturno 29

18. msmichel's rating of the film Nocturno 29

Quite amazing debut feature from Portabella that has little need for dialogue concentrating instead on the power of imagery, everyday moments and fleeting glimpses of society. Images are mostly b&w and are bold with a mix of the everyday, the avant garde and the surreal. Brossa and Portabella's script may seem disjointed or experimental but stay the course and one is well rewarded.

19. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Nocturno 29

I can appreciate non-narrative film & the experimental, but this particular film is so swamped in pretension that to apply meaning to the any of the images in this completely pointless excuse of a movie would give it's director more credit than deserved. If it stopped after the beautiful opening scene with the two lovers in the desert it could have been an ok short, but what follows is duller than watching paint dry