1. brick_bro's rating of the film Noise

A bit dull at times, but sonically one of the most audacious films I've ever come across.

2. The Boreal Chorus's rating of the film Noise

Definitely starts out as a 5-star endeavor but, due to some weaknesses in the script, unravels slightly so as to lessen the final overall effect; however, this should not take any credit away from the genuinely masterful performances or handful of incisively rendered scenes that include rich mood via solid camera work, lighting, editing, and dialogue (that is, when I could get in sync with the difficult dialect).

3. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Noise

This is a taught, action packed neo-noir that some how slipped between the cracks! The film has some great visuals and some really interesting camera work. However, the really MVP is the sound designer! The tinnitus scenes are down right amazing. However, one complaint I had is that I just didn't find the film all that compelling. I definitely think that this film deserves a second chance though!

4. Russell Houldin's rating of the film Noise

This is quite good. Catch it before it falls off. Reminded me of other atmospheric thrillers like 'Lantana'.

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Noise

"...an oddly intriguing film...mysterious, inward-looking and experimental..."

6. Nick Potter's rating of the film Noise

Fascinating little Australian neo-noir thriller that spends most of the runtime deceiving the audience as to what the film is actually about. The concept if keeping that secret interests me, though I wish that the direction of the reveal would have been reversed.

7. Hao Wang's rating of the film Noise

Well-paced thriller. Great sound design. interesting development of crime drama. Worth watching. 7.6/10

8. Calvin Head's rating of the film Noise

Noise is an unusual thriller that (true to its name) plays with sound heavily. Long periods of silence abruptly disturbed build a unique sense of suspense and unease. The focus on mental trauma of those related to the murder bring the cynicism to a deeper level, exploiting mental illnesses and personal insecurities. The conclusion of this film follows suite with the complexity and mystery it builds throughout.

9. Stephanie Gutierrez's rating of the film Noise

The film Noise was an okay film, the story line was a bit hard to follow through many points in the film. One element that was done very well was the use of sound in the ringing of the the main character’s ears due to tinnitus, this allowed the viewer to get a sense of what the Officer McGahan has to deal with on a daily basis. Overall this is a film that would have to be watched more than once to fully appreciate.

10. Caitlin's rating of the film Noise

11. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Noise

A thriller that defies all the conventions about thrillers. It's a detective story without a real investigation. It's a neo-noir in sunny Australia. It's a story where police incompetence is an asset. It's an action movie without action. It's full of conversations about nothing. What's not to like?

12. Shane Schenck's rating of the film Noise

While this is an interesting way to purpose a thriller it is also very dull. I felt myself drifting from this film every few seconds. There are many scenes of long silence with no obvious underlying meaning. IF you want to fall asleep and get woken up by random screeching noises this is your film, otherwise, would not recommend.

13. John's rating of the film Noise

Noise is a rather interesting take on a modern day Noire film. Although I did not particularly enjoy the work as a whole, it does not go without saying that the sound and lighting this piece had to offer were stellar in their representation of constable McGahan's life, and outlook of it. While appearing both grim and rather depressing, the movie did a good job setting the scene for this classic crime thriller.

14. Vassilis Tsitsopoulos's rating of the film Noise

15. DSpaceNine's rating of the film Noise

The clever use of music and sound redeem this otherwise excruciatingly dull flick from hitting the bottom of my ratings range. Thinking I may not have understood what the film maker was getting at here, I read another review or two. One gave this a 9 out of 10 as it reminded them of Alfred Hitchcock Strangers on a Train -- focus on dialog rather than action. Well friends, I've seen SOAT and Noise isn't even close.

16. Christofer Aniel's rating of the film Noise

An interesting film that uses sound to its advantage. The acting is alright. The dialogue adds excitement to each scene and gives depth to the main characters. Constable McGahan is not your stereotypical movie cop, but someone who is more relatable. However, what greatly hurts the film is that there are too many slow moments to keep the audience’s attention. It has thrilling start that ends the same way, unexpected.

17. johnfmorton's rating of the film Noise

A good if not great film. It starts strong but meanders a bit as it progresses, but it's still well worth watching.

18. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Noise

(3.5 stars) Very well filmed and great dialogue. The performances are also pretty darn good. I had a bit of a problem with the varying tone of the film and at times it didn't seem to know which way it wanted to go. Ending was almost too much - almost an eyeroll moment. But ultimately, a very enjoyable ride.

19. David Richards's rating of the film Noise

Well-made Aussie neo-noir. Strong visuals and sound design and an interesting screenplay. My one gripe: it was difficult to understand the dialog at times because of a combination of whispering, mumbling and slangy Australian accents. Subtitles or CC would have helped.

20. mpho3's rating of the film Noise

The opening is masterful, and I liked the way Saville plays with differing points of view as he explores the theme of isolation. Well constructed flashbacks rachet up the tension quite well. But even though it comes together, I was ultimately disappointed by the culmination of it all. 3.5 stars

21. shane buckland's rating of the film Noise

Brilliant Australian crime drama that slipped beneath the radar. Awesome use of sound design, impressive cinematography and a great performance from Brendan Cowell. Well worth seeking out.

22. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Noise

Glad I didn't miss this film. It was a good thriller. Has the irony & depressing effects that did not fail. The atmosphere was well created to support the overall story. Nice.