1. apriccot's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

"In that moment, I regretted my whole life. And I loved it."

2. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

3. Fabiha's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

"Some will kill, some will be killed. That's the circle of life, though there are contradictions. There are no perfect circles anywhere in nature. But if you draw a circle with a compass and a big fat marker, a thick outline will make it seem perfect...I'll be whatever no one else wants to be. I'm sick of shameless outlines of people seeking happiness."

4. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

I feel that the connection between the internet and psychotic dissociation is basically a sound one.

5. Jason's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

Dazzling. For real. Extremely labyrinthine and novelistic (not surprising since Sion Sono adapted it from his own novel), this feels like one of the All Time Great Screenplays. Sets a template for some of his later more ambitious films, none of which match NORIKO's emotional power. Also gotta be All Time Exhibit A for how far you can go w/ a minimal budget. Superlative moments are captured on the fly. Masterpiece.

6. Marc of Toronto's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

This film hovers between All About Lily Chou Chou and Visitor Q. Portrait of family life in Japanese film: (1) Parents are generally joyless, violent perverts. (2) There is no mode of discussion between a muffled whisper and a hysterical scream. (3) Murder, suicide and forced prostitution are easier than communication with family. (4) Approach with dread.

7. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

My favorite work of 21st century existentialism & one of the hardest masterpieces I know. Y2K existence crisis,meaning of life in society, purpose of family. What makes you you? Sono is so ambitious. Makes your mind wrap around this. He goes deep, perhaps too deep, and yet always so subtle. It's really something & a rewatch only solidifies it. The final act is...seismic,destructive, absolutely one of a kind.

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

9. Balthaz21's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

10. Risya's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

Really bizarre but it provoked some thoughts & emotions out of me. And somehow I still wanted to see more by the time the film end, even though the film itself already has a long running time.

11. Siaudebert's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

Suicide Club II - About social roles and psychological types in crisis in modern society

12. Arf's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

se tagliavano una ventina di minuti avrei preferito

13. Waxamillion's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

The movie I want it to be is 5 stars... but it isnt... The film went flat for me after Yuka and Noriko's chapters... wanted more about them and tokyo and the awkwardness of this world they had created.

14. EdieEmm's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

A heavyhanded and immature but nonetheless gleefully fun frolic through nihilism. Clever enough that it's hard not to wonder if the abysmal production value & excruciatingly drawn-out run time weren't actually some sort of giddy fuck you. Sion Sono comes off a bit here like a wacky Japanese Von Trier. For me, who found Suicide Club lacklustre, this is a much stronger piece. "What's capitalism?" "I'll tell you later."

15. msmichel's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

'She'd come to Tokyo to be happy but I knew she would transcend that' Sono followed up 'Suicide Club' with this deeper and dramatic film that bookended the previous film's events. Two sisters are drawn into a business that simulates family experience by acting for various lonely people, bringing to mind Lanthimos' 'ALPS' which came later, whose emergence in these dramas could even include death. Strange but ...

16. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

Sono's mega-bizarre dramatic sagas. Toooooo much!!!

17. Timmy93's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

Intended as a prequel to the Suicide Club. I haven't watched the Suicide Club but intend to watch after seeing this film. The film was way too convoluted at points rambling on nonsensical and impenetrable thoughts by the main characters. Premise and plot were interesting, thus kept me going.

18. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

I got totally absorbed by this movie and its twists. It is masterly how Sion Sono pieces his story together during the five chapters, always changing the narrative perspectives and showing something the spectator yet didn't know. And finally he gives insight into some of the direful emotional voids of present day society.

19. yasdnil's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

I don't know what makes me happier - the fact that this film exists and is so great, or that I'm not the only one really freaking confused. Noriko's Dinner Table complements Suicide Club, but is quite strong on its own. Sion Sono is the bomb, and I'm so excited to read the print version of this.

20. David Crandall's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

A strong entry into the always deliciously confusing love/sex/death/coming-of-age genre. At the end, I couldn't help thinking of the final scene of Alan Arkin's LITTLE MURDERS.

21. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

22. John Crawford's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

check out my review on LETTERBOXD.COM

23. SueRay's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

I'm so confused! I don't know why I liked this movie there is so much freaken crying in it! Is watching Japanese babes boohooing a fetish? I want to kick Sion Sono in the balls to give him something to cry about!

24. David R Williams's rating of the film Noriko's Dinner Table

A horror film that is about the pain of loss and the anguish of loneliness; about the promise of redemption and forgiveness being obtainable for those who may want them yet there are those who want neither redemption nor forgiveness and would rather start anew rather than start over. A film about the illusion of what we call family and the reality of what that can sometimes mean.