1. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film North by Northwest

Great exercise in tension. I'm sure he used soud to mess with our heads cause my beagle was going nuts during that open field scene.

2. gld48's rating of the film North by Northwest

Gorgeous to look at and structured really well but man is it long. Also not a huge Cary fan. Stick to screwballs, Cary. Thanks.

3. Bob's rating of the film North by Northwest

Engaging and dynamic plot is enriched with often hilarious but always sharp dialogues - and Cary Grant delivers his lines in such a natural, charming almost dorky way that it's hard to look away. Iconic scenes and filming locations as well the ambitious action filmmaking are here to cement this as a classic of its time, with only final scene being awkwardly abrupt in a very anticlimactic manner.

4. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film North by Northwest

Fascinating how such an epic asshole as Hitchcock helped redefine cinema across different genres throughout his life. This one is just another in a long line of such examples, showcasing not only his master approach to building intrigue, but also providing a backbone for many an adventure/action movie to come.

5. DPach's rating of the film North by Northwest

It has some amazing bits but it doesn't do anything for me.

6. Nick's rating of the film North by Northwest

Ha ha, very funny, guys. You got me. Now can we stop pretending Hitchcock's a genius and not a hack?

7. dordairobert's rating of the film North by Northwest

8. Billy Casper's World's rating of the film North by Northwest

Even though it's one of Hitchcock's most memorable and iconic films. It doesn't quite do it for me. It's playful and visually magnificent but it just doesn't have as much depth to it story wise or character wise as some of Hitchcock's finest films such as Psycho; Strangers on a Train, Vertigo and Marnie.

9. tri ...'s rating of the film North by Northwest

10. bitterMoo's rating of the film North by Northwest

11. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film North by Northwest

It might contain one of Hitchcock’s greatest moments in the crop duster scene, but this is style wildly blown out of proportion in his filmography. There are pacing issues and meanderings. It’s still pretty damn good at times, but it probably isn’t a top five Hitchcock film.

12. Thomas Dods's rating of the film North by Northwest

Perhaps on the most perfect action / adventure / romance / comedy / thriller blockbusters ever made. Certainly puts modern fare to shame. One of Hitchcock's most commercial but best films.

13. FISCHER's rating of the film North by Northwest

>>> Un film-référence, un monument de l'histoire du cinéma, un petit bijou du 7e Art... www.cinefiches.com

14. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film North by Northwest

Hitchcock was (and remains) the master of suspense and a peerless handler of dark wit, and this film is some of his best work in either category. Ernest Lehman's script isn't just brilliant in its own right (with one fantastic twist after another, and providing a fountain of unforgettable lines); it also manages to encompass all of Hitchcock's themes into one tight package. It's an excellent blend of art and fun!

15. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film North by Northwest

The only scene which is giving the opportunity to breathe in the movie was the moment of car waiting scene.The rest was very fast and it was quite artificial scenario that is full of logical errors. according to its own period , technical details were great.

16. Howard Orr's rating of the film North by Northwest

Apparently a big influence on "Last Year In Marienbad", the romance, thrills and humour are undercut by the creepy frisson of an oddly synthetic world; Hitchcock's usual iffy back projection, Grant's weirdly flaccid hands, the virtuoso but eerie and protracted crop duster sequence. Like a machine's flawed impersonation of a perfect film, it's underlying iciness are what make it haunting.

17. Freakyfilm's rating of the film North by Northwest

18. f-nanda's rating of the film North by Northwest

It drags a little for me. Loved the scene when the maid saw his reflection on television! Pretty well done like all Hitchcock's movies but for me, not at all as good as Rear Window!

19. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film North by Northwest

20. Mert Kaya's rating of the film North by Northwest

This is what James Bond should be. But still, one of those movies which didn't age well. feels too old and moderate for modern age.

21. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film North by Northwest

The more I rewatch it, the less I care for it as a thriller, but the more I love it as a comedy. As a sex comedy, the tongue-in-cheek dialogue is Lubitsch level of delightful and, as an absurd comedy, it paints the image of a modern man thrown into dizzying chaos with those overview shots of Grant running away while being dwarfed by his surroundings that are pure Kafka.

22. Steve G.'s rating of the film North by Northwest

Cary Grant demonstrating how much bourbon he was forced to drink made me recover from my cold in an instant.

23. MistaRichard's rating of the film North by Northwest

Great story, convincing actors and ever-confident camera work; the pacing of this might be its best quality: it's remarkably good!

24. Pinguin's rating of the film North by Northwest

A James Bond movie, not just for its subject matter, but for its propensity for spectacle over substance. The iconic scene with the plane, which makes no narrative sense whatsoever, is uniquely representative of this. But I applaud the movie for what it is, instead of what it is not.